Search
volt stablilzer

• Search this thread
148 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Leeke1
  • Leeke1
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

actually all car model comes with grounding...just that the grounding cable is big or small...if ur car is off...the grouding resistance is basically close to 0ohm...but when u start ur car and some electronics component is working for example audio...spark plug...with the present of all these loads...the grounding resistance can be significant. so basically xtra grounding cable will help to eliminate unwanted noise..and make ur voltage more (+). Therefore it helps to so call stabilize the voltage by making it more (+). the voltage output from the alternator is not stable and sometime can create noise to ur audio system. Therefore VS can help to improve the voltage stability. but interm of performance is usually not much... it can only help to resume the original power but by a small margin.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

Smhomie
  • Smhomie
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Generally speaking, cars that are used for 2-3 years have oxidized cables hence the grounding falters over time. When you change out such cables, electronics undoubtedly regain a better and complete loop. This translates into 'feel' by the drivers.

Most copper-tin cables now all supplied by China, so quality fade is evident. Japanese automakers are using China cables, so no prize for guessing why aftermarket grounding kits that use more strands per turn or better grade copper can get a slice of the automotive market rolleyes.gif

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Smhomie
  • Smhomie
    3rd Gear

actually all car model comes with grounding...just that the grounding cable is big or small...if ur car is off...the grouding resistance is basically close to 0ohm...but when u start ur car and some electronics component is working for example audio...spark plug...with the present of all these loads...the grounding resistance can be significant. so basically xtra grounding cable will help to eliminate unwanted noise..and make ur voltage more (+). Therefore it helps to so call stabilize the voltage by making it more (+). the voltage output from the alternator is not stable and sometime can create noise to ur audio system. Therefore VS can help to improve the voltage stability. but interm of performance is usually not much... it can only help to resume the original power but by a small margin.

Alternator is basically AC into DC.

Rectifier, diode etc and for stability there's the in-built voltage regulator irregardless of engine rpm operation. Most cars today has voltage regulator circuit linked to ecu for variable load control.

Noise mainly is from the spark plugs hence the insulator shielding and resistor in its core.

Current always chooses the shortest path.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

C-K
  • C-K
    3rd Gear

don't know about VS but grounding really helped me solve my 12v power in my car.

Before installing the grouding kit, i was unable to charge my iphone in my car; got light at the charger but no power going in to my phone.

After grounding was done, I have no problem charging it.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Acieed
  • Acieed
    5th Gear

What were the grounding point(s) ?

don't know about VS but grounding really helped me solve my 12v power in my car.

Before installing the grouding kit, i was unable to charge my iphone in my car; got light at the charger but no power going in to my phone.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Leeke1
  • Leeke1
    4th Gear

Alternator is basically AC into DC.

Rectifier, diode etc and for stability there's the in-built voltage regulator irregardless of engine rpm operation. Most cars today has voltage regulator circuit linked to ecu for variable load control.

Noise mainly is from the spark plugs hence the insulator shielding and resistor in its core.

Current always chooses the shortest path.

hmm there r some thruth in it...i have seen few cases people change alternator just to solve the aeroplane sound from their expensive sound system. i believe since the spark plug r properly shielded, the noise should be suppressed effectively.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Kb27
  • Kb27
    Supercharged

All cars are grounded, otherwise, your electronics all chao tar liao.

Actually, if the ground is bad, all the electronics will stop working.
Your wiper arm won't move, your signal light won't flash, your headlights won't work...etc..etc.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

Cwx7978589
  • Cwx7978589
    1st Gear

Generally speaking, cars that are used for 2-3 years have oxidized cables hence the grounding falters over time. When you change out such cables, electronics undoubtedly regain a better and complete loop. This translates into 'feel' by the drivers.

Most copper-tin cables now all supplied by China, so quality fade is evident. Japanese automakers are using China cables, so no prize for guessing why aftermarket grounding kits that use more strands per turn or better grade copper can get a slice of the automotive market rolleyes.gif

you are right, after few years our car body was oxidated, so the grounding resistance became big, and will influence all electronics

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Cwx7978589
  • Cwx7978589
    1st Gear

because your charge cannot get 12V(maybe 6V...) due to the bad grounding consumed your volt

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

Acieed
  • Acieed
    5th Gear

Bro, I think if you only get 6V, your engine cannot even start leh.

because your charge cannot get 12V(maybe 6V...) due to the bad grounding consumed your volt

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

Cwx7978589
  • Cwx7978589
    1st Gear

Bro, I think if you only get 6V, your engine cannot even start leh.

hehe .just guess, use multimeter can check it

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear

Sorry, not many cars come with ground. The "grounding" they use is the chassis since its made of metal and is a conductor. Thus the -ve of the battery is always connected to the battery. the -ve of the alternator is the casing itself. You won't see any cables running around solely for grounding purpose. There are ground points in the car meant for cables to attach to. However, they also use the chassis itself to conduct electricity.

In fact, I have yet to see a car that comes with any form of grounding cables other than using chassis as ground.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear

Did you measure the voltage before you install the grounding cable?

This is because you are supposed to be able to charge your phone w/o grounding cables. Grounding cables provides a work around but it did not solve the root problem.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Kb27
  • Kb27
    Supercharged

Sorry, not many cars come with ground. The "grounding" they use is the chassis since its made of metal and is a conductor. Thus the -ve of the battery is always connected to the battery. the -ve of the alternator is the casing itself. You won't see any cables running around solely for grounding purpose. There are ground points in the car meant for cables to attach to. However, they also use the chassis itself to conduct electricity.

In fact, I have yet to see a car that comes with any form of grounding cables other than using chassis as ground.

Yeap, all factory installed ground use the chassis.

A typical car can have 30 points or more of grounding on the chassis.

These grounds are unseen by many bcoz they don't open up the car to look at it.

So they think the fancy coloured ground wires are the magic cure.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

Cwx7978589
  • Cwx7978589
    1st Gear

Yeap, all factory installed ground use the chassis.

A typical car can have 30 points or more of grounding on the chassis.

These grounds are unseen by many bcoz they don't open up the car to look at it.

So they think the fancy coloured ground wires are the magic cure.

yes they used the chassis to ground. But after few years the chassis oxidated
So we need extra grounding kit

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

C-K
  • C-K
    3rd Gear

Did you measure the voltage before you install the grounding cable?

This is because you are supposed to be able to charge your phone w/o grounding cables. Grounding cables provides a work around but it did not solve the root problem.

Nope never measured the voltage.

Actually I had no problems with my GPS, In-car Cam, and Nokia Phones. At that time only iphone got charging problem. I think iphone 4 really needs full 12v for the power to go in while other devices don't.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear

yes they used the chassis to ground. But after few years the chassis oxidated
So we need extra grounding kit

How does the chassis oxidised when its covered with paint? If your chassis oxidised.... that means irs rusting everywhere already.....

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear

Actually, grounding does help because the chassis is a poor conductor of electricity. Not so much of oxidation of anything but steel does not conduct electricity as well compared to copper.

The alternator ground (or -ve point) is the chassis and it goes to the engine and conducted to the chassis thru the engine mounts. They are all either aluminium or steel which are not as good as copper. Hence voltage drops due to resistant.

The ground mounting points aren't fantastic conductors as well. If lucky, they are screw holes drilled directly onto the chassis. If not, they are pieces of metal sheets welded to the chassis using spot welding (just a few miserable spots to secure the plate). Hence conductivity is not good as well.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

Any recommendation for DIY grounding?

- good quality grounding kits
- instruction on DIY

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Acieed
  • Acieed
    5th Gear

Bro, iPhone is 5V USB 2.0 power supply leh.

If the charger is not USB 2.0 compliant, it won't charge the iPhone. Need to short the centre 2 pins.

Nope never measured the voltage.

Actually I had no problems with my GPS, In-car Cam, and Nokia Phones. At that time only iphone got charging problem. I think iphone 4 really needs full 12v for the power to go in while other devices don't.

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

HKS Twin Power DLI Voltage Stabilizer

HKS Twin Power DLI Voltage Stabilizer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Pizzadue  |  Neutral Newbie

The awesome addon to my ride.

After having this HKS Twin Power DLI installed in my ride, I noticed a massive difference in my ride. I now drive really smoothly, I do not feel any jerkiness when I move off. Also, while idling, I noticed it to be much smoother, which means... » Read More

D1 Spec VSD IV Voltage Stabilizer

D1 Spec VSD IV Voltage Stabilizer  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AceNspade  |  Neutral Newbie

Superior performance and experience!

It gives me a superior performance and it is really awesome! It provide enough electricity even under huge power consumption situation. Ignition becomes better and easier. It helps to increase the horsepower and torque, decrease carbon dust a... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Voltage Stabilizer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users