DIY VOLT STABLILZER

Cwx7978589

yes they used the chassis to ground. But after few years the chassis oxidated

So we need extra grounding kit

How does the chassis oxidised when its covered with paint? If your chassis oxidised.... that means irs rusting everywhere already.....

↡ Advertisement

Actually, grounding does help because the chassis is a poor conductor of electricity. Not so much of oxidation of anything but steel does not conduct electricity as well compared to copper.

The alternator ground (or -ve point) is the chassis and it goes to the engine and conducted to the chassis thru the engine mounts. They are all either aluminium or steel which are not as good as copper. Hence voltage drops due to resistant.

The ground mounting points aren't fantastic conductors as well. If lucky, they are screw holes drilled directly onto the chassis. If not, they are pieces of metal sheets welded to the chassis using spot welding (just a few miserable spots to secure the plate). Hence conductivity is not good as well.

Bro, iPhone is 5V USB 2.0 power supply leh.

If the charger is not USB 2.0 compliant, it won't charge the iPhone. Need to short the centre 2 pins.

Nope never measured the voltage.

Actually I had no problems with my GPS, In-car Cam, and Nokia Phones. At that time only iphone got charging problem. I think iphone 4 really needs full 12v for the power to go in while other devices don't.

Any recommendation for DIY grounding?

- good quality grounding kits

- instruction on DIY

Wires for grounding:

1215337181_6651947712.jpg

Grounding points: Alternator, ignition cables, ecu, chassis.

Nope never measured the voltage.

Actually I had no problems with my GPS, In-car Cam, and Nokia Phones. At that time only iphone got charging problem. I think iphone 4 really needs full 12v for the power to go in while other devices don't.

Normal battery is 12.2-12.6 which is more than enough +/- 5%

Running is around 14-14.6. Cannot be not enough unless internal grounding broken/shorted(no/high resistance) or the draw from the iphone is too high for your multi port to handle. Do check if your multi port is very heated up when you charge all concurrently as they may put in larger fuse but internal components can't take it.

Wires for grounding:

Grounding points: Alternator, ignition cables, ecu, chassis.

Wow!! cool wires. But make sure the insulation can take the heat. Cause normal PVC insulation can only take around 80-85C. silicone ones will take over 100C

Any recommendation for DIY grounding?

- good quality grounding kits

- instruction on DIY

Don't bother about grounding kits they are way too expensive. Go SLT and get cables and connectors instead. Thats what I did. Much cheaper than grounding kits. You do not need super thick or fancy wires for grounding. All you need is insulation that can withstand the heat in the engine bay, else the insulation will harden and break away over time.

Btw, if VS are good for cars because its stabilised the voltage and reduce unwanted noise. Different capacitors are suitable for different frequencies (eg. large values good for low frequency and small ones for high. From what I have seen in the pic, TS does a great job in mixing capacitors so you can get from him instead of buying from shops. Of course you can DIY yourself if you know electronics and soldering.

Neutral Newbie

so this product still selling as usual? or isit dangerous to buy?

yes. Still available . But cannot post ads at forum

Later I will post at forum vogs

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

A user feedback at vios forum

Subject: Re: WTS: DIY Volt Stabilizer Yesterday at 9:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: WTS: DIY Volt Stabilizer Yesterday at 9:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm user for abt item, i'm drive Yaris 07 manual.

as JackChen mention, i feel some changed after fix Volt Stabilizer

1. For Auto car, gear shift smoother (manual oso feel gear change smoothen.)

2. Light (Head, cabin, tail, etc...) become brighter and less dim when air-conditions compressor kicks in.( air-con compressor kick in,rpm maintain compare previous drop lot,even sometime jerk!)

3. Improve fuel efficiency. Save 5%~15% more gas ( FC still monitor, jus fix 1 week+)

4. Improve engine response. Quicker engine start; better throttle response.

5. Reduce sudden car slow down when you throttle up the engine or start the air- conditions. (time delay for ramp is improve)

6. Improve ICE audio clarity and bass because your AMP needs stable voltage.(standard audio,non feel.)

7. Increase battery life span. Increase life span of car ECU, Car Player, AMP, and other electrical or electronic components.( jus fix a week++, let i scrap car jus know inform)

8. Engine turns to be quieter because the power from spark plug is enough and misfire is reduced. (engine really quiter lot,oso can feel the power! but still cannot overtake fren forestar )

skYap

skYap

Edited by Cwx7978589

Neutral Newbie

hmm..feels like trying but i have got my pivot alr... do trade in? lols

Neutral Newbie

hmm..feels like trying but i have got my pivot alr... do trade in? lols

sorry bro,cannot trade in,hehe

Neutral Newbie

can la bro.. lols.. u wan me try ur product den i can intro to my friend too mah...

Neutral Newbie

post-84886-1307107782_thumb.png

can la bro.. lols.. u wan me try ur product den i can intro to my friend too mah...

hehe

many cars try it already and they feedback quite good

u can refer the picture i attached

bro,u also can install my VS even u already have one if u want more improvement.hehe

(edited)

pls dont play with electricity do more harm than good. fry car electronics, worse still fry yourself. cannot afford the $200 for vs dont drive lah

No wonder Singapore full of idiots who cannot even replace a light bulb

Edited by Gendut
↡ Advertisement