Volvo S60 2.0T/T6

Tedlhw

HI people, considering the new Volvo S60 2.0T or T6.

Anyone owns this here?

Any experiences to share?

Most important thing to me is the reliability. Any comments on that?

I read from earlier post that normal servicing is 1.1K to 3.3K is that really true?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Anyone owns this here?

I read from earlier post that normal servicing is 1.1K to 3.3K is that really true?

Thanks in advance.

Think it's too early to tell if there are reliability issues wif this model. New volvos comes wif 3-yr maintenance up till 60k. But the 75k service will cost abt $1k. At the 120k mark, timing belt change abt $1.2k + service $1k + prob wear n tear parts. But certainly not $3.3k for a service per se.

Anyone owns this here?

Thanks in advance.

test drove the S60 2.0T and S80 2.0T during Feb this year. In the end chose the S80 2.0T over the S60 2.0T

engine abit of turbo lag at low end, but have good pulling power once the turbo spools up, power is there and overtaking is effortless. But higher revs the car feels abit breathless.

gearchange is fast and seemless cause dual clutch gearbox.

There is keyless entry/ start. auto wiper, ipod/mp3 input, bluetooth handsfree etc.

S60 abit cramp and the ride abit harsh. Brake pedals feels awkardly placed for me, it just feel wierd pressing it. Steering don't have much feedback and I would say the handling is so so. No wheel mounted pedal gearshifts. Manual gear change can only be done on the gear stick.

S60 got alot of new safety features, if I remeber correctly the S60 2.0T dont come with it as standard, need to spec and add on.

Free servicing for 3 years till 60K. only need to pay for change of tire and battery if I am not wrong. The rest of the part is covered under warrenty.

Fuel Consumption for the S80 2.0T is around 8.5km/L. S60 is lighter so maybe 9km/L is possible.

My 2 cents worth.

Turbocharged

Fuel Consumption for the S80 2.0T is around 8.5km/L. S60 is lighter so maybe 9km/L is possible.

My 2 cents worth.

when i went to SMM, most of the fuel comsumption stickers stated on the windscreen are at least 10-12km per litre.

Even the S40T5 version also getting around 11-12km.

Must be all tested on highway. No city drive.

Anyone owns this here?

Thanks in advance.

Testdrove the S60 2.0T as the T6 was taken by someone else and i didnt want to wait.

If my previous S40 2.4 is anything to be taken as a reference for Volvo then reliability has not been an issue to me.

However I only kept the car for 2yrs and 10 mths so never had a chance to pay for regular servicing.

Am very sure that normal servicing cannot be more than $500.

ie oil, oil filter, air filter, sparks.

Being brand new I think you should have no worries at all.

unless Lemon, which is heng suay.....

So go for it.

Twincharged

when i went to SMM, most of the fuel comsumption stickers stated on the windscreen are at least 10-12km per litre.

All these stickers are for show only,these figures are done in a dyno in a close lab,nobody can hit those figures....on the real road conditions.

(edited)

All these stickers are for show only,these figures are done in a dyno in a close lab,nobody can hit those figures....on the real road conditions.

yup thats right, check out the volvo forum.

all the guys and myself included cannot get anything better than about 9km/l for the S40 2.4l after many months of testing

for me it was less than 8km/l becos i dont drive much highway .

Edited by Throttle2

Supercharged

if u decide to buy, dun ask for the add-on Garmin GPS as it's a European set which

can't show local 3D junction view.

Supersonic

11-12km/L for the T5? [laugh][laugh][laugh] i was getting 8.5.

sometimes, dunno why they bother wif all these 'tests'....

S60 abit cramp and the ride abit harsh. Brake pedals feels awkardly placed for me, it just feel wierd pressing it. Steering don't have much feedback and I would say the handling is so so. No wheel mounted pedal gearshifts. Manual gear change can only be done on the gear stick.

Wow, when I test drove it I thought the S60 driving feel was crap. I went next door and found the Passat to be far, far better.

Turbocharged

VW customers sales service is crap. Even the car servicing quee is damn long.

Heard that Volvo provide one way free transport from Wearns to anywhere if you send in your car for servicing/repair.

Heard that Volvo provide one way free transport from Wearns to anywhere if you send in your car for servicing/repair.

Yes thats correct.

Volvo service and customer experience is best by far.

this is my personal experience compared to Mercy, BMW, Audi.

[laugh] That is true, but I only service once or twice a year, but pretty much drive almost every day, so... [;)]

Wow, when I test drove it I thought the S60 driving feel was crap. I went next door and found the Passat to be far, far better.

I was comparing the driving feel of the S60 to my alfa 159. so the handling is just so so. I would say the passat is only a tiny bit better compared to the S60. but the "branding" is one notch lower then volvo. Plus all the horror stories of long service time, gearbox etc.

Its just me, I just don't really like audis and VWs.

And Wearnes service is quite good

if driven slowly and alot of highways, its possible. First few weeks drive slowly manage to get 10 ++ km/L

But after awhile just drive normally, enjoy the turbo and acceleration thats why getting 8 +km/L

I believe later on the car will have a better FC after it's been fully run in. Its been 3 months, but the S80 is seldom use, mileage is still <2000 KM.

Supercharged

I was comparing the driving feel of the S60 to my alfa 159. so the handling is just so so. I would say the passat is only a tiny bit better compared to the S60.

if looking for driving feel, should consider Mondeo,

which beats S60, and is ~$40k less too.

Neutral Newbie

Think it's too early to tell if there are reliability issues wif this model. New volvos comes wif 3-yr maintenance up till 60k. But the 75k service will cost abt $1k. At the 120k mark, timing belt change abt $1.2k + service $1k + prob wear n tear parts. But certainly not $3.3k for a service per se.

Dear friend , wait till yr volvo mileage hit 120K .... then u go SM motor .... wait for yr bill ....

i kenna 2.8 K for normal service at 88k only .... when i ran thru the list , i could not find anything major , .... it was just a NORMAL service ... the manager answered .... [bigcry]

i hv since done my servicing elsewhere ............. , i voiced out not because i hv anything against them ...

just could not bring myself to accept it lah .... just wanna let other wowo know my encounters ...

BTW Wowo hv no timing belt .... only cam shaft belt ....

Today my mileage is 150K ..... guess what ? My car is still as good !

How much do u think i hv paid for the services since .......... on average below S$300 !!!!

Ya lah of course.... no free kopi and magazine and aircon , music , VIP treatment plus couch lah ... no frills , no style ....

but i am not complaining for $ sake [laugh] [laugh] .... budget airline ... but still reach my destination

↡ Advertisement