Search
Check Engine Light Sluggish Performance

• Search this thread
69 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

HELP!!!!

I was driving home this evening when my car's (Mitsubitshu Lancer EX) check engine light turned on. The car also suddenly became very sluggish and it limped all the way home. I always use at least 95 RON which is the recommended fuel for the car.

What should I do now? Any good workshops to recommend (Alexandra area?). Very jialat.... should I continue to drive?

Edited by Kusje, 27 May 2011 - 07:38 PM.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Route
  • Premium member
    Route
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

get somebody with a obd2 scanner to read for fault code, do not drive if unnecessary as might do more damage to the engine

Edited by Route, 27 May 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Des8080
  • Des8080
    Neutral Newbie

Hi, i had once the engine check light up b4. Must hav the code reader den know wat fault, most of the wkshop hav.
Mine is the throttle body dirty so the sensor light up.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    6th Gear

HELP!!!!

I was driving home this evening when my car's (Mitsubitshu Lancer EX) check engine light turned on. The car also suddenly became very sluggish and it limped all the way home. I always use at least 95 RON which is the recommended fuel for the car.

What should I do now? Any good workshops to recommend (Alexandra area?). Very jialat.... should I continue to drive?

Should be faulty airmass sensor or oxygen sensor,can still drive,but make sure engine got oil & water...

Fairlady.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    6th Gear

Hi, i had once the engine check light up b4. Must hav the code reader den know wat fault, most of the wkshop hav.
Mine is the throttle body dirty so the sensor light up.

I am a first time car owner.... Don't know any good workshops and don't wanna get tok! Can you recommend some?

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged

Yr on-board computer has switch to limp-mode drive. Try to get to workshop asap. The limp-mode is programmed to allow the driver to move the car slowly over a certain distant to seek help thereafter it will disable the the ignition and fuel system and completely shut down the engine to prevent damage to the engine systems

Edited by Yeobh, 27 May 2011 - 08:30 PM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    6th Gear

Yr on-board computer has switch to limp-mode drive. Try to get to workshop asap. The limp-mode is programmed to allow the driver to move the car slowly over a certain distant to seek help thereafter it will disable the the ignition and fuel system and completely shut down the engine to prevent damage to the engine systems

Ok, thanks.

Then I desperately need a workshop recommendation or should I just go back to C&C? Does C&C accept drive-ins?

Edited by Kusje, 27 May 2011 - 09:02 PM.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged

Importers have the OEM scanners and they usually have the latest technical service info from makers and therefore are in a better position to diagnose and rectify the fault.
Independent shops usually use after market scanners which are produced base on reverse-engineering infos ( most of the sets downloading ablilities is very basic and sometime questionable.)
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

Rb26dett
  • Rb26dett
    5th Gear

either MAF or O2 sensors.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Picanto

Ok, thanks.

Then I desperately need a workshop recommendation or should I just go back to C&C? Does C&C accept drive-ins?

for this type of engine problems, go back to CNC. very expensive but you are paying for peace of mind. dun go outside WS for this problem.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear

It's better to go back C & C as i believed that your car is still new and under the warranty period,

Edited by Jefkking, 27 May 2011 - 10:08 PM.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear

It's better to go back C & C as i believed that your car is still new and under the warranty period. Get C & C to tow the car over to Pandan Gardens @ nominal fees of S$ 40 to S$ 50 from Alexandra area to Pandan Gardens workshop. Don't risk driving over or else your car may stalled or may even further damage your engine !

Edited by Jefkking, 27 May 2011 - 10:11 PM.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Picanto
CNC work 1/2 day on Sat. so you will be without a car for the weekend

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    6th Gear

CNC work 1/2 day on Sat. so you will be without a car for the weekend

Okay. Will go back to CNC (no warranty though, 4 years old). Doesn't matter if I will be without the car for the weekend.... Better be safe.

Thanks all.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Picanto

Okay. Will go back to CNC (no warranty though, 4 years old). Doesn't matter if I will be without the car for the weekend.... Better be safe.

Thanks all.

so, whats the outcome?

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Wongkeanchung
  • Premium member
    Wongkeanchung
    Neutral Newbie

ever check engine light lighted , my car pickup power was really bad.
I removed all spark plugs and inspect individually.
one of the plugs was faulty(the ground electrode actually bend towards the centre electrode )
I change to a new set of spark plugs, engine light still lighted though.
after driving for about 30km and park the car,the check engine light went off the next time I start the car.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ken4555
  • Premium member
    Ken4555
    NOS-ed

one of the plugs was faulty(the ground electrode actually bend towards the centre electrode )
after driving for about 30km and park the car,the check engine light went off the next time I start the car.

impossible....

what car?.... when how old the car?....
==FEMALE ORGASM TIKO RANGER== because the gal MUST cum....

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Remin
  • Remin
    Clutched

same here but workshop rested the code for me .. mine was faulty spark cable, and plugs hv oil in it due to unburn oil, replaced everything, all fine now.. impreza

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

Ikeehc
  • Premium member
    Ikeehc
    1st Gear

Had the same problem. Engine came on after a day on rest. Switched it off. Let it rest for a couple of hours and the engine went off after a few seconds. Its been two weeks now. Might just bring back to c&c next week

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious

one of the plugs was faulty(the ground electrode actually bend towards the centre electrode )I change to a new set of spark plugs, engine light still lighted though.

How come the electrode can bend? Something must hv hit it?

Is the plug the correct type?

Edited by Pisces69, 29 May 2011 - 05:34 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users