Digital Door Lock

Hamburger

(edited)

still the cost is prohibitive once u talking abt 2 devices.

If have condo with no gate definitely will get digital lock.

I agree it's a bitch with groceries in both hands. But can't see myself paying so much.

Maybe when my kids go primary school then don't want them to bring house keys to school, then switch. Even then likely they will be accompanied by someone.

True cost is a factor haha ...... i usually just lock the gate , If someone can open that gate , the door will be a peanut  (my theory) hahaha 

Talk about groceries , you will need one of those with EYE pupil authentication. Finger print wont help  :grin:

Edited by Angcheek
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The digital gate lock for my place did not went thru. The installer came, saw and cursed the Salesman. He said impossible to install. Apparently the Salesman has already resigned, just days before my installation appointment. The installer called and called the Salesman but he did not pick up his phone.

So no digital lock for my place unless I replace entire gate and door. [:|]

Kinda expected the outcome after looking at your gate and door photos.

Replacement of gate is about $400 up depends on design.

Judging from your photo, you may need to change to 2 pcs gate ie. 1 big 1 small type.

This is to shift the lock away from the frame, to mount the latch and away from door handle.

But your door seems to be smaller than the current HDB standard.

Gate is more difficult to modify (maybe ugly too) ... usually necessary i guess since it was not designed for such electronic devices. If they have gates that are designed for such devices and fitted well, that would be best . 

Thanks for the sharing ... maybe i will give them a call.  :D I wan to get ride of keys 

Yale YDR 323 are design for gate's use only.

The front, outside.

20140805_221622-1.jpg

The back. As seen, these parts are protruded out, hence a gap must be there between the gate and the door. Also being a 2 pc gate, the lock is shifted away from the side hence allowing main door digital lock/handle to be mounted. This lock cannot be open from inside. ie pic below has no buttom/knob to open the gate. It is operated by a remote control so one can leave the door open while outsiders cannot open the gate unless they have the code.

20140805_221700-1.jpg

• Praise 1

Yale YDR 323 are design for gate's use only.

The front, outside.

The back. As seen, these parts are protruded out, hence a gap must be there between the gate and the door. Also being a 2 pc gate, the lock is shifted away from the side hence allowing main door digital lock/handle to be mounted. This lock cannot be open from inside. ie pic below has no buttom/knob to open the gate. It is operated by a remote control so one can leave the door open while outsiders cannot open the gate unless they have the code.

Thanks for the sharing bro ... a Picture tells a thousand words  [thumbsup]

Can the lock be easily stolen (dismantle) ? 

• Praise 3

Thanks for the sharing bro ... a Picture tells a thousand words  [thumbsup]

Can the lock be easily stolen (dismantle) ? 

If you refer to the back pic, the black part (with the plastic), there is an allen screw to access to the battery compartment right at the bootom (not seen in pic). There is some override steps in there. But given that to unscrew it while standing outside the gate will take some time, it is unlikely one will attempt to do so for the wooden door needs to be open ie. meaning someone is at home. It is almost impossible to unscrew it when the wooden door is close.

Pic of the remote control.

20140806_200606.jpg

If you refer to the back pic, the black part (with the plastic), there is an allen screw to access to the battery compartment right at the bootom (not seen in pic). There is some override steps in there. But given that to unscrew it while standing outside the gate will take some time, it is unlikely one will attempt to do so for the wooden door needs to be open ie. meaning someone is at home. It is almost impossible to unscrew it when the wooden door is close.

Pic of the remote control.

I C .... thanks bro . U installed for the door too ? 

• Praise 1

I C .... thanks bro . U installed for the door too ? 

Yes I did.

Samsung SHS 717 front look.

20140805_222245.jpg

Behind, inside the house. This is the push/pull Samsung digital lock. 

Push on outside to enter, pull on inside to open.

If door fail to close properly, the digital lock will have an alarm warning.

There is one with a finger print version, more costly.

20140805_221839.jpg

• Praise 1

Yes I did.

Samsung SHS 717 front look.

Behind, inside the house. This is the push/pull Samsung digital lock. 

Push on outside to enter, pull on inside to open.

If door fail to close properly, the digital lock will have an alarm warning.

There is one with a finger print version, more costly.

thats cool [sunny]  ... must cost alot . Both also run on batt ?

Btw , Why 2 diff brands ?  like that u need 2 diff cards ? 

• Praise 2

thats cool [sunny]  ... must cost alot . Both also run on batt ?

Btw , Why 2 diff brands ?  like that u need 2 diff cards ? 

Taking into consideration of the custom gate and fire proof door, it's a figure I am trying very hard to forget..

2 different brands but surprisingly uses only 1 card. A credit card size card.

Seller also throw in key chain tokens as well as additional cards, they can cost quite a bit.

Guess due to I got 2 digital locks, and 4 doors with lock from him.

Taking into consideration of the custom gate and fire proof door, it's a figure I am trying very hard to forget..

2 different brands but surprisingly uses only 1 card. A credit card size card.

Seller also throw in key chain tokens as well as additional cards, they can cost quite a bit.

Guess due to I got 2 digital locks, and 4 doors with lock from him.

Wow u were their big customer ! Hope they gave u good discount. If not , pls dont recommend me hahaha
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

For digital lock users with almost all features, ie. fingerprint, card, access code, etc, which one you end up using most of the time? I was told don't need to waste money and just buy one with 2 combinations? True?

• Praise 1

For digital lock users with almost all features, ie. fingerprint, card, access code, etc, which one you end up using most of the time? I was told don't need to waste money and just buy one with 2 combinations? True?

Get one with card access and key code should suffice. 

These are the 2 most commonly and frequently used.

No experience with fingerprint.

Card is tap and go. No need to key 10 plus numeric for both gate and door.

Key code when going for a jog or really wanna go hands free.

• Praise 2

Gate is more difficult to modify (maybe ugly too) ... usually necessary i guess since it was not designed for such electronic devices. If they have gates that are designed for such devices and fitted well, that would be best .

Thanks for the sharing ... maybe i will give them a call. :D I wan to get ride of keys

What I have done was whatapp the supplier with my door/gate picture. No matter how we describe..dragon/pheonix. A picture speak a thousand words. Hahaha i told the supplier. You seem the picture. Come down with two different set. They ok. I go ahead. Haha

Actually there is another factor. The door frame and door itself. Is it aligned properly. Abit out of alignment will give the lock a click sold when shut.

• Praise 1

Fingerprints. Fast and easy.

Have not used any of the provided rfid token at all.

In a way using any portable unlocking device is kind of defeating the main attraction of going digital. Fot me at least.

• Praise 1

Fingerprints. Fast and easy.

Have not used any of the provided rfid token at all.

In a way using any portable unlocking device is kind of defeating the main attraction of going digital. Fot me at least.

If u got sweaty palms, fingerprint will be a problem. My office changed from rfid to finger print to now facial recognition. Facial recognition works better for asian than angmo!!! [:p]

• Praise 2

If u got sweaty palms, fingerprint will be a problem. My office changed from rfid to finger print to now facial recognition. Facial recognition works better for asian than angmo!!! [:p]

Heng I dun have sweaty palms. But I kiasu kiasee.....All my 10 fingers recorded in database. In case I kenna some finger injury.... :XD:

No need to ask...the initial thought of using my toes flashed for 0.1s in my mind but was quickly ruled out by my rational self.. [:p]

Those with hand eczema and dry skin also may have problem with the fingerprint recognition.

• Praise 1

Get one with card access and key code should suffice.

These are the 2 most commonly and frequently used.

No experience with fingerprint.

Card is tap and go. No need to key 10 plus numeric for both gate and door.

Key code when going for a jog or really wanna go hands free.

Problem with key code is after a while, friends and neighbours may remember the numbers. Also could the numbers be lifted using some cheap tricks?

Am thinking of buying a fingerprint lock but was told some are not sensitive, if got iPhone type of fingerprint reader, which almost never fail me, it would be good.

↡ Advertisement