Feedback on Terios 7

TYL

Neutral Newbie

Looking at budget 7 seaters and a change from my past sedan cars.

T7 caught my eyes cos of its SUV yet 7 seaters and within my budget. I can try "suvmpv" 1 shot. ^_^

1.5L should be under power but it also save road tax like the freed, sienta and apv.

any feedback on this auto Terios 7? quality built? problems? etc...

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Terios 7 is made in indonesia, whereas the Terios is made in jap. I find the design of the Terios 7 looks a bit weird. :D

my cousin's ride is 7seater toyota rush, both r same just re badge

took his ride to jb

aircon smells exhaust & cold is uncontrolled super cold

rear seat is bad for back, cant recline

& the signature bone shaking toyota ride

after get off i got nausea & vomit, feels like riding behind in a van, fyi i drive a conti car

get toyota for budget at expense of ride tolerance, for me sbs bus rides more comfy

The fuel consumption for the standard Terios/ Rush is already bad enough. With more weight to carry around, thanks to the longer body, longer wheelbase and 3rd row seats, getting 8-10km/L is a dream come true for your pocket.

Performance wise, don't expect to be going anywhere fast either. At least there's a manual version to consider.

Interior space wise, the 3rd row seats can actually take adults, much better than a Wish/ Stream. However, bear in mind, 3rd row seats don't have headrests. And it's a 100% bench. So while you can fold it, you can't split fold it, like 60:40 or 40:20:40 in some cars.

And it's bloody expensive with today's COE prices. New ones go from $94k.

Supersonic
(edited)

my cousin's ride is 7seater toyota rush, both r same just re badge

took his ride to jb

aircon smells exhaust & cold is uncontrolled super cold

rear seat is bad for back, cant recline

& the signature bone shaking toyota ride

after get off i got nausea & vomit, feels like riding behind in a van, fyi i drive a conti car

get toyota for budget at expense of ride tolerance, for me sbs bus rides more comfy

Agreed that Terios/Rush not a comfortable car to sit, esp the rear seat. I sit in a terios before, the whole ride very uncomfortable, engine noise very loud, and as if i was sitting in a lorry.

The only thing good about this car is it is 4WD and it is a quite a solid and safe car.

Edited by 13177

From an ex-owner, T7 isn't bad. But the FC for auto version ranges from 9km/L to 10km/L. FC is better for the manual version. U sit tall in this vehicle, giving u a bird's eye view of road ahead. But due to high CG, it will be floaty when u go over bumpy roads. Overall, it is a gd car to get, if u can get over the high FC and slow pick up, due to it's mass of 1800kg. T7 will come in useful when the road is flooded. hehehe

Supersonic

Quite true, terios height very tall and the wheels is very big, confirm no problem during flash flood. :D

From an ex-owner, T7 isn't bad. But the FC for auto version ranges from 9km/L to 10km/L. FC is better for the manual version. U sit tall in this vehicle, giving u a bird's eye view of road ahead. But due to high CG, it will be floaty when u go over bumpy roads. Overall, it is a gd car to get, if u can get over the high FC and slow pick up, due to it's mass of 1800kg. T7 will come in useful when the road is flooded. hehehe

why dun u get a wish ? Same 7 seater (albeit back seats NOT for tall peeps), quite comfortable and silent and also adequate pickup.

1.5 for T7 too noisy and boh lat i feel ...

Neutral Newbie

Seems quite a good car.

Honda airwave is also 1.5L still good too..

u mean T7 or airwave?

airwave have the extra boot but not the extra row of seats! :D

Neutral Newbie

hey ppl, thanks for feebacks, so the negative side is the

bad FC for auto

bad insulation - loud engine

bumpy ride

last row no headrest

Neutral Newbie

i think some of you are mistaken. Terios 7 is RWD not AWD.

i have try the last row and quite surprised no problem for 2 adults compare to wish and stream but no headrest and for my height, my head is touching the roof of rear.

bad FC for auto

bumpy ride

last row no headrest

Insulation isn't too bad. But the pick up is really slow, especially if you have 7 people on board. It depends on your needs. If u only need to ferry 7 people occasionally, the car is fine. The third row can seat adults, but it is bearable for short distance. The best feature of this car is the rear aircon. Somehow it makes those seated at the 3rd row bearable.

Quality wise, it is no issue. But u have to bear with the hard plastics all round. I love the macho look of the ride. Unfortunately the poor FC forced me to sell after 3 years. Potential buyers should bear that in mind, since oil prices will be moving upwards in months to come.

Looking at budget 7 seaters and a change from my past sedan cars.

T7 caught my eyes cos of its SUV yet 7 seaters and within my budget. I can try "suvmpv" 1 shot. ^_^

1.5L should be under power but it also save road tax like the freed, sienta and apv.

any feedback on this auto Terios 7? quality built? problems? etc...

It's built is from Indonesia...

Using the the same 1.5 engine in Sirion, Terios, Materia...

Actually i find the interior built quality aliitle disappointing...

The 1.5l engine is decent, fuel efficient, aka Toyota engine...But i do find it noisy...

But it's really spacious for a 1.5l car...

[laugh]

bad FC for auto

bumpy ride

last row no headrest

i wont say it's bad FC for 1.5auto...

It's ok

[:)]

i wont say it's bad FC for 1.5auto...

It's ok

[:)]

IMHO, 9-10km/L is bad for 1.5, perhaps the engine is puny to pull such a heavy mass.

↡ Advertisement