Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
121 replies to this topic | 31 praises

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

Dylantang
  • Dylantang
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just took over a used Lancer GLX sport (Auto) (2007) version. Mileage is around 65K.

Any thing i should take note of ? Like change timing belt ? and what are the thing in the engine i need to take note of ?

BTW, what the difference between GLX sport and GLX ?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just took over a used Lancer GLX sport (Auto) (2007) version. Mileage is around 65K.

Any thing i should take note of ? Like change timing belt ? and what are the thing in the engine i need to take note of ?

Sport and non sport the engine are the same. Jus the break light are clear and tinted head lights for sport version and some trimming internal.

Bought this car new in 2003. Sold in 2006. So far no problem.
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Lipwee2002
  • Premium member
    Lipwee2002
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Sport edition-
1) full bodykit
2) front head light - tinted black
3) rear lamp - clear
4) int leather seat is black with red trimming
5) leather wrap steering and handbrake handle
6) int door handle is chrome

Anyone else want to add?

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Tengel
  • Tengel
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am actually interested to own a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX model. What should i look out for and where can i get best price offer?

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Lipwee2002
  • Premium member
    Lipwee2002
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Go see - sgcarmart to have a look to have a feel of market price.

Get someone who knows car to go see with u.

Lancer glx is prob one of the cheapest Japanese made car after sunny.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

True, lancer is always the second cheapest 2nd hand car after sunny, no matter during which era. happy.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Tengel
  • Tengel
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Go see - sgcarmart to have a look to have a feel of market price.

Get someone who knows car to go see with u.

Lancer glx is prob one of the cheapest Japanese made car after sunny.

thanks for the info biggrin.gif

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am actually interested to own a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX model. What should i look out for and where can i get best price offer?

So far so good. Durable and reliable. Am driving one.
|1994|Diploma-Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono Brake Pads|

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For lancer, you change timing belt at 80k mileage. The rest is just normal servicing.
|1994|Diploma-Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono Brake Pads|

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Zze121
  • Zze121
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Change the cvt oil immediately, dun save the $.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Dylantang
  • Dylantang
    Clutched
    Author Image

I just have a problem here. When i step onto the the accerelator, the gear just cannot shift. Engine creating loud roar when i step on to accelerate. It seems to me i am in the over drive mode. The gear seems stuck.

I check the whole car and there is no over drive mode BUTTON ( which my previous car has ) the physical gear .

Can anyone advice me ? Some people tell me that there is a inherient GEAR problem with LANCER GLX. How much to change the gear box ? Overhaul gear box or change a brand new one !

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Wanderer8596
  • Wanderer8596
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Ever haf a car dealer frd told me tt if wan buy CS3 which is aso knwn as GLX, dun buy auto as d gear Box wil nd overhaul ard 3 yrs.. I believe stil depend on d way of driving.. Hearing tt, I go find a manual version instead.. 2006.. V gd wif no problem.. As for auto, only afraid it's too fragile.. Based on ur qns, seems like gear box finished Liao.. Find a mechanic n check better..

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Dylantang
  • Dylantang
    Clutched
    Author Image

Bought directly from car owner .. s--t !

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Jasonxy
  • Premium member
    Jasonxy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Lancer glx is on cvt gear system, hence while it is on the move, you will not notice the gear change. There is no over-drive mode on lancer, but a "Ds" you might had put it into the Ds mode, put back to D instead for normal drive. Pick-up gradually, it will be smooth driving, as cvt is on belt system, different from conventional auto gear, flooring the accelerator won't help in pick up. Learn to adapt with the cvt gear. Best to change cvt gear box oil every 20,000km.
jasonxy

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

Threeleggedman
  • Premium member
    Threeleggedman
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I just have a problem here. When i step onto the the accerelator, the gear just cannot shift. Engine creating loud roar when i step on to accelerate. It seems to me i am in the over drive mode. The gear seems stuck.

I check the whole car and there is no over drive mode BUTTON ( which my previous car has ) the physical gear .

Can anyone advice me ? Some people tell me that there is a inherient GEAR problem with LANCER GLX. How much to change the gear box ? Overhaul gear box or change a brand new one !

Get a mechanic to check.. Most probably it's the IAC valve problem.. I had the same problem.. Common fault for CS3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
I am special. The Three Legged Man

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Tanhangkiang
  • Tanhangkiang
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For lancer, you change timing belt at 80k mileage. The rest is just normal servicing.

Am driving a manual one glx. Steering quite heavy.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if this bugs you change car, this is the problem with cvt, laggy and no response.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ever haf a car dealer frd told me tt if wan buy CS3 which is aso knwn as GLX, dun buy auto as d gear Box wil nd overhaul ard 3 yrs.. I believe stil depend on d way of driving.. Hearing tt, I go find a manual version instead.. 2006.. V gd wif no problem.. As for auto, only afraid it's too fragile.. Based on ur qns, seems like gear box finished Liao.. Find a mechanic n check better..

CVT gearbox not so fragile as what those past horror stories that were being circulated around. I believe the technology has since improved.

I have been driving the CVT lancer for more than 4 years and clocking 120k plus mileage with no issues or problems. Been very harsh with the car though but I change my CVT fluid on a 30k mileage interval.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your car is manual or CVT?

Best is to send to a mechanic to have it checked asap.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Change the cvt oil immediately, dun save the $.

Yes. I agree.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users