Lancer GLX sport handling and caring

Dylantang

Neutral Newbie

Just took over a used Lancer GLX sport (Auto) (2007) version. Mileage is around 65K.

Any thing i should take note of ? Like change timing belt ? and what are the thing in the engine i need to take note of ?

BTW, what the difference between GLX sport and GLX ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just took over a used Lancer GLX sport (Auto) (2007) version. Mileage is around 65K.

Any thing i should take note of ? Like change timing belt ? and what are the thing in the engine i need to take note of ?

Sport and non sport the engine are the same. Jus the break light are clear and tinted head lights for sport version and some trimming internal.

Bought this car new in 2003. Sold in 2006. So far no problem.

Neutral Newbie

Sport edition-

1) full bodykit

2) front head light - tinted black

3) rear lamp - clear

4) int leather seat is black with red trimming

5) leather wrap steering and handbrake handle

6) int door handle is chrome

Anyone else want to add?

Neutral Newbie

I am actually interested to own a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX model. What should i look out for and where can i get best price offer?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Go see - sgcarmart to have a look to have a feel of market price.

Get someone who knows car to go see with u.

Lancer glx is prob one of the cheapest Japanese made car after sunny.

Supersonic

True, lancer is always the second cheapest 2nd hand car after sunny, no matter during which era. ^_^

Neutral Newbie

Go see - sgcarmart to have a look to have a feel of market price.

Get someone who knows car to go see with u.

Lancer glx is prob one of the cheapest Japanese made car after sunny.

thanks for the info :D

I am actually interested to own a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX model. What should i look out for and where can i get best price offer?

So far so good. Durable and reliable. Am driving one.

For lancer, you change timing belt at 80k mileage. The rest is just normal servicing.

Neutral Newbie

I just have a problem here. When i step onto the the accerelator, the gear just cannot shift. Engine creating loud roar when i step on to accelerate. It seems to me i am in the over drive mode. The gear seems stuck.

I check the whole car and there is no over drive mode BUTTON ( which my previous car has ) the physical gear .

Can anyone advice me ? Some people tell me that there is a inherient GEAR problem with LANCER GLX. How much to change the gear box ? Overhaul gear box or change a brand new one !

Ever haf a car dealer frd told me tt if wan buy CS3 which is aso knwn as GLX, dun buy auto as d gear Box wil nd overhaul ard 3 yrs.. I believe stil depend on d way of driving.. Hearing tt, I go find a manual version instead.. 2006.. V gd wif no problem.. As for auto, only afraid it's too fragile.. Based on ur qns, seems like gear box finished Liao.. Find a mechanic n check better..

• Praise 1

Lancer glx is on cvt gear system, hence while it is on the move, you will not notice the gear change. There is no over-drive mode on lancer, but a "Ds" you might had put it into the Ds mode, put back to D instead for normal drive. Pick-up gradually, it will be smooth driving, as cvt is on belt system, different from conventional auto gear, flooring the accelerator won't help in pick up. Learn to adapt with the cvt gear. Best to change cvt gear box oil every 20,000km.

I just have a problem here. When i step onto the the accerelator, the gear just cannot shift. Engine creating loud roar when i step on to accelerate. It seems to me i am in the over drive mode. The gear seems stuck.

I check the whole car and there is no over drive mode BUTTON ( which my previous car has ) the physical gear .

Can anyone advice me ? Some people tell me that there is a inherient GEAR problem with LANCER GLX. How much to change the gear box ? Overhaul gear box or change a brand new one !

Get a mechanic to check.. Most probably it's the IAC valve problem.. I had the same problem.. Common fault for CS3

Ever haf a car dealer frd told me tt if wan buy CS3 which is aso knwn as GLX, dun buy auto as d gear Box wil nd overhaul ard 3 yrs.. I believe stil depend on d way of driving.. Hearing tt, I go find a manual version instead.. 2006.. V gd wif no problem.. As for auto, only afraid it's too fragile.. Based on ur qns, seems like gear box finished Liao.. Find a mechanic n check better..

CVT gearbox not so fragile as what those past horror stories that were being circulated around. I believe the technology has since improved.

I have been driving the CVT lancer for more than 4 years and clocking 120k plus mileage with no issues or problems. Been very harsh with the car though but I change my CVT fluid on a 30k mileage interval.

↡ Advertisement