Lancer GLX sport handling and caring

Dylantang

I'm very new to cars actually.. I've only started drivin for not more then 7mths.. my lancer sport glx have been making this funny vibration whenever I on my signal light or hazard light.. it started abt few wks bck till present.. im not sure hw to explain it but the vibration is like following the hazard light pattern.. is there anything wrong with my car? Btw, its a 2nd hand car...

Neutral Newbie

I have two friends who used to drive GLX, one manual and one auto. Both have strong regard for this car; cost of maintenance is relatively low. Myself have rented this car some years back, and I must said that it actually work pretty fine, consideration I have driven Toyota and Honda. Looking at used car market now, GLX is the only Japan car below $800 range ...... not a bad choice for a

hi guys, i just bought a second hand GLX Sport, Auto....been riding bikes all these while, so not very familiar with car workshops. wondering where i can go for a full checkup n servicing... was thinkin of Cycle & Cairrage , but i guess it will be very ex.... any recommendation of any shops or mechanics ? wanna do a full diagnostics, cos i dunno wats the history under the hood and the car.... Wat are the things to look out for in terms of Servicing and frequency of servicing ? Thanks :)

can try avion motor at AMK Techpoint

The boss and the mechanic is the same person, so you can be assured its the boss himself doing ur car.

Ah boon himself is drivin a GLX and he does lancers only, no other models, so the familiarity and tech is there.

Only bad thing is his timing is by appointment only as he is the only person working, so book an appt early.

Since you bought 2nd hand, i suggest you get ur timing belt, water pump n seal change asap, as you duno how true the odo is, should set u back ard 800. the normal interval is around 80k

if the timing belt snap then you can be prepared for a bill 10x that amount

when i sold my lancer my mileage was 140k, so my mileage was 40k to the next belt change.

i went back to the shop some weeks later and i saw my odo being tweaked to 90k, call the salesman n wack him upside down and threaten to report him and they tweaked back to 140k (LOL)

if i have found this out the next owner would have risk the timing belt snapping, so do becareful

Edited by Ah_tee

Neutral Newbie

can try avion motor at AMK Techpoint

The boss and the mechanic is the same person, so you can be assured its the boss himself doing ur car.

Ah boon himself is drivin a GLX and he does lancers only, no other models, so the familiarity and tech is there.

Only bad thing is his timing is by appointment only as he is the only person working, so book an appt early.

Since you bought 2nd hand, i suggest you get ur timing belt, water pump n seal change asap, as you duno how true the odo is, should set u back ard 800. the normal interval is around 80k

if the timing belt snap then you can be prepared for a bill 10x that amount

when i sold my lancer my mileage was 140k, so my mileage was 40k to the next belt change.

i went back to the shop some weeks later and i saw my odo being tweaked to 90k, call the salesman n wack him upside down and threaten to report him and they tweaked back to 140k (LOL)

if i have found this out the next owner would have risk the timing belt snapping, so do becareful

I totally agree with you.. Though lancer is the easiest to maintain, issues such as timing belt and engine mounting is common for this car...

I was with cnc for many years..

Anyway, moving forward, I am looking at grabbing a lancer ex 1.5A..

Anyone could help or any lobang can share?

Neutral Newbie

Dear helpful people,

I just placed a deposit for a Dec 06 Mit Lancer 1.6A, 1 Owner and sent for Vicom Inspection.

The is what they came back with:

Body works : Front left fender bolt removal and rear boot reworked

Body works : rear lower panel reworked

Does it mean that the vehicle has gotten into an accident before? Or could it be wear and tear over the years?

Which situation is more likely ?

Thank you so much in advance!

Dear helpful people,

I just placed a deposit for a Dec 06 Mit Lancer 1.6A, 1 Owner and sent for Vicom Inspection.

The is what they came back with:

Body works : Front left fender bolt removal and rear boot reworked

Body works : rear lower panel reworked

Does it mean that the vehicle has gotten into an accident before? Or could it be wear and tear over the years?

Which situation is more likely ?

Thank you so much in advance!

Most likely the car was involved in a rear ended accident.

Neutral Newbie

Most likely the car was involved in a rear ended accident.

Hello Tohto,

Thanks for that reply.

But would that kind of affect the performance and function of the car ?

Still can buy ?

Thank you.

Supersonic

Why must you always bring me into the peekture? smash.giflaugh.gif

In view of the anticipated coe movement, I am considering the 1.6 cvt model as a pqp car. ie, get an 05/06 model when the right time comes.

Looking for a car that is wider, have a boot & better FC.

Do u think this model has the body robustness to extend another 10yrs?

Also if I keep my rpm within 3k thereabout & 70% city / 30% highway driving what is a very safe FC to expect (bearing in mind that the car may have already clocked 200k mileage with the associated reduced efficiency)? Thanks.

6th Gear

In view of the anticipated coe movement, I am considering the 1.6 cvt model as a pqp car. ie, get an 05/06 model when the right time comes.

Looking for a car that is wider, have a boot & better FC.

Do u think this model has the body robustness to extend another 10yrs?

Also if I keep my rpm within 3k thereabout & 70% city / 30% highway driving what is a very safe FC to expect (bearing in mind that the car may have already clocked 200k mileage with the associated reduced efficiency)? Thanks.

Mitsubishi Lancer used the 4G18 engine which is tried, tested and proven to be reliable. It is indeed a workhorse.

You can consider the same model but probably newer ones around 2009 or 2010 (if they are still around).

CVT is not too bad though fuel consumption is average at around 9-10. Otherwise, you might be better off with a manual transmission lancer.

Twincharged

Mitsubishi Lancer used the 4G18 engine which is tried, tested and proven to be reliable. It is indeed a workhorse.

You can consider the same model but probably newer ones around 2009 or 2010 (if they are still around).

CVT is not too bad though fuel consumption is average at around 9-10. Otherwise, you might be better off with a manual transmission lancer.

No leh.. the fuel consumption should be around 10 to 12 for CVT..

6th Gear
(edited)

No leh.. the fuel consumption should be around 10 to 12 for CVT..

When I was driving the CVT lancer, it used to be 9-10. Maybe I got heavy right foot.

Edited by Yuan

Twincharged

When I was driving the CVT lancer, it used to be 9-10. Maybe I got heavy right foot.

Me too, I got average around 10 to 12plus. 60%highway, 40% city