Lancer GLX sport handling and caring

Dylantang

Supersonic
(edited)

Mitsubishi Lancer used the 4G18 engine which is tried, tested and proven to be reliable. It is indeed a workhorse.

You can consider the same model but probably newer ones around 2009 or 2010 (if they are still around).

CVT is not too bad though fuel consumption is average at around 9-10. Otherwise, you might be better off with a manual transmission lancer.

The last "MR" batch in late 09 or 2010 is 4AT i believe?

Well at least its 9-10 for a 1.6L with almost similar kerbweight.

Ya, I was thinking of renewing my current early 2016 for 5 yrs also, then when the mass deregistration stops around 2019, hop onto another ride & pqp it !!

However, ya, ur suggestion (of a 09-10 glx) may also serve the same tactical purpose. :)

for long term, manual is the way.

True lah, but oc have violent objection.....saying I deprived the family of a back up driver lah, when i tried again 2 weeks back, i was told....why i want to handicap her lah.....etc

I have given up persuading her. Thats why when she was at the school's 3-4 lesson, i told her to switch to manual since still early in the course, but oc said when the time comes, she will take private & upgrade. But now with our hands full after work & on weekends. No need to say liao.

============================================

driving habits equal, could it be due to upsize of rim/tyre that affects FC ? 205/50-16, or 205/45-17 ? or the eo, semi syn Vs fully syn ? Or maybe using thinner oils like 5w 30 ?

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Hello Tohto,

Thanks for that reply.

But would that kind of affect the performance and function of the car ?

Still can buy ?

Thank you.

Think rear accident should not affect the car performance, cause engine is infront lo. Unless front also kena accident. Last time my company have one car involved in quite a serious rear accident, think while car boot caved in, but after the car came back from workshop, still see the driver continue driving the car for quite sometime.

But there are many lancer in the use car market, no need scare cannot find one, so if the car involved in accident before, maybe can consider source for another unit. No point taking the risk.

• Praise 1

The last "MR" batch in late 09 or 2010 is 4AT i believe?

Well at least its 9-10 for a 1.6L with almost similar kerbweight.

Ya, I was thinking of renewing my current early 2016 for 5 yrs also, then when the mass deregistration stops around 2019, hop onto another ride & pqp it !!

However, ya, ur suggestion (of a 09-10 glx) may also serve the same tactical purpose. :)

Yes. It is a 4AT.

Nonetheless, it is a sturdy and reliable car.

• Praise 1

Thanks, but I thought child seat is as wide as an adult?

almost.. mine seat supports 9-25kg.. can become booster too when child is older..

my inlaws and SIL very skiinny type.. like bamboo so can fit 3 at back .

Realistically, yes with 2 adults being an average size but not overly big size. To fit in 3 adults even if they are skinny can be quite challenging. Single big sized adult like the one in the picture may be impossible even without the seat :D

Can Lancer's second row fit 2 adults and a child seat?

post-65674-0-33452000-1415844146_thumb.jpg

Realistically, yes with 2 adults being an average size but not overly big size. To fit in 3 adults even if they are skinny can be quite challenging. Single big sized adult like the one in the picture may be impossible even without the seat :D

This guy can only fit into a truck. :)

OT a bit since I just posted an advert offering a genuine part no. MD997671 - Gasket Kit for Mitsubishi Lancer in the market place. Just wondering how many Mitsubishi Lancer with 1300 cc engine (similar to the Proton Wira) still running around. Seldom see one these days although I spotted one a couple of weeks back on our roads.

Thus far, my current CS3 has never once failed me and had brought me to places like Cameron and Genting Highlands without much difficulty. It's a car which is more trustable than some continental cars which are renowned for breakdowns despite their higher performance and perhaps comfortable ride.

Supercharged

wanna ask, any existing owners of GLX?

What is the maintenance like?

FC?

Ok, I'm looking at manual transmission.

Need that more space from a car.. my current car is kinda small, can't even fit a wheelchair..

I believe most hatchback car boot space is small, and wheelchair usually cannot fit into the boot. Thats why it is still better to get a sedan car. Lol.

wanna ask, any existing owners of GLX?

What is the maintenance like?

FC?

Ok, I'm looking at manual transmission.

Need that more space from a car.. my current car is kinda small, can't even fit a wheelchair..

Hi bro,

I just bought over a manual GLX in a few months ago.

Renew it for 5 years.

When took over, had changed the normal wear and tear parts and normal full maintenance (timing belt, etc)

So far running well.

FC is around 12-13.

Only thing i dislike is the car and headroom is low. Lower than my previous Kia Pica....

Find it a bit hard to get in/out of the car due to the low level, esp for my old parents.

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

I just bought over a manual GLX in a few months ago.

Renew it for 5 years.

When took over, had changed the normal wear and tear parts and normal full maintenance (timing belt, etc)

So far running well.

FC is around 12-13.

Only thing i dislike is the car and headroom is low. Lower than my previous Kia Pica....

Find it a bit hard to get in/out of the car due to the low level, esp for my old parents.

Mine is a manual GLX sport too, 15 mths more to go.

FC is around 13km/l for 50/50 city driving.  [;)]

• Praise 1

I have some issues on the Lancer GLX manual aircon.

Is not about no cold air or compressor problem but the problem with the aircon switch on button unable to communicate with the sensor to blow the cold air out. Was told it was a rare problem and not the fuse issue but need to change the circuit board cost $300 plus. They need to find the spare part for that. Previously aircon switch have to off on a few times to get it work.

The mechanic was from those shell petrol station car service centre. Somehow i dont really think they are "expert" on that. Any recommendation to fix that :mellow:

I have some issues on the Lancer GLX manual aircon.

Is not about no cold air or compressor problem but the problem with the aircon switch on button unable to communicate with the sensor to blow the cold air out. Was told it was a rare problem and not the fuse issue but need to change the circuit board cost $300 plus. They need to find the spare part for that. Previously aircon switch have to off on a few times to get it work.

The mechanic was from those shell petrol station car service centre. Somehow i dont really think they are "expert" on that. Any recommendation to fix that :mellow:

Try to send to a proper aircon repair shop to diagnose. A few recommended ones can be found in MCF.
↡ Advertisement