• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic | 191 praises

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Tleslie
  • Premium member
    Tleslie
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

recently i noticed my headlights turn yellowish. the clear plastic cover the light bulb... looks like stain.
i saw some of the cars with such condition too.
anyone can advise how to remove the stain?

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Iiiusion
  • Premium member
    Iiiusion
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Use Meguiars PlastX / Mothers Plastic Polish

Might have to use those ultra fine sand paper before the above if v.serious case

Not sure how long it will last before yellows again

Edited by Iiiusion, 12 June 2011 - 11:29 PM.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Sky61
  • Sky61
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i'm using this, its better than plastx. autobacs sells them

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

LouislexusGS
  • LouislexusGS
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Go to Home-Fix and look for this Coat-Innovative Headlamp Restoration Kit. You get a pair of new headlamps again.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Meguiars plastic X is the best. thumbsup.gif
Fine sand paper treatment should be done by the expert. Damage is non reversible.
Just use the meguar plastic X is good enough.

it is very good and effective on plastic. acrylic and not abrasive.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

Track
  • Premium member
    Track
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What about the inside surface of the headlight? Need to clean up?

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Usually cleaning and polishing oxidised external surface will solve problem.

Internal side is more or less concealed from environment.

I have not encounter inner side of lens turning yellow.

Inner lens cleaning is a big job, water may leaked into lens after removal for cleaning.

Hope yours require external cleaning only.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Gendut
  • Gendut
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Have you replaced your headlight bulbs before?

Did you change to the correct aftermarket type?

Here is something that a lot of people do not know. Modern headlight covers are made of plastic. Plastic degrades over time and accelerates its degradation when exposed to UV light to cause it to yellow and turn opaque.

The bulbs that you use should emit light that do not harm its lenses if they are made of plastic. For example if you use a H7 bulb, ensure that its replacement is identified as H7U. 'U' here means it cuts out the UV light. biggrin.gif

Your lenses may have been damaged by UV. bigcry.gif
There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.
Rod Serling

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

brake fluid can help to restore the headlight. but use with care. NEVER let the brake contact with the paint surface....

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Tailgatepro
  • Tailgatepro
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

recent sold my 6 year old car and bought 2009 car. But this 3 year old car and the headlight is very yellow.
The DIY liquid can easily remove the stain but i found that is not as smooth as my 6 year old car.

I was wonder, is it previous owner send of polish workshop and they polish away the headlight coating protection?
Because i never use soap or don't bother on my 6 year old car and still look like new.

1)Pls advise is there a coating for original headlamp?
2) If yes, is there a coating to protect for at least 5 years. Since original coating can be done, why not aftermarket

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Do you happen to drive the previous generation of Mercedes C Class? This is what I noticed in most of them.

recently i noticed my headlights turn yellowish. the clear plastic cover the light bulb... looks like stain.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Headlights turn yellowish can be clean off?! How about headlights turn 'rough' on the surface? unsure.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Picanto

Headlights turn yellowish can be clean off?! How about headlights turn 'rough' on the surface? unsure.gif

claybar?

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

claybar?

Claybar? Sure? confused.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Girl_powerful
  • Girl_powerful
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wouldn't really help if the car is always parked under the hot sun, mine not only turn yellowish but also have some fine cracks inside the light cover?!

Edited by Girl_powerful, 10 April 2012 - 10:54 AM.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

send to autobacs..think they can restore for you
every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Picanto

Claybar? Sure? confused.gif

it can remove the smoothness of the headlight surface. as for the yellowish stains, you have to source for another product that can do the job

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Cba6p
  • Cba6p
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ahem2x...is it a Toyota??

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Stam
  • Premium member
    Stam
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Only need to buy the products, any other things?

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Jessica1
  • Jessica1
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for your post.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Artdeshine Artdekotsos Obsidian Wax 200g

Artdeshine Artdekotsos Obsidian Wax 200g  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MiniEvoIX  |  Neutral Newbie

Product has brought out the shine a long time

Been attending my regular polishing sessions. I already heard of Artdeshine and known their products. So randomly, I saw my favourite wax on display on SGCM. I has used this wax since 2010. And I did a search and found out is Taiwan No.1 wax... » Read More

Artdeshine Bio Nano Pro

Artdeshine Bio Nano Pro  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by LYC  |  2nd Gear

Bio Nano is a must have for your car

Bought Artdeshine Bio Nano Pro for my car and tried. This is so easily applied on all surfaces (car paintwork, plastic surfaces, leather surfaces) it brought out the gloss of all these surfaces with ease. It makes the car paintwork nice to to... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Wax, Car Polish

Quick Reply

Tags: headlights, turn, yellowish and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users