Chery car club

Stanchiam

was thinking of getting a qq.. reviews are generally as bad as its fuel consumption.

what are the major problems you guys encountered with a qq?

test drived a qq and the brake was almost non existent. lane change and turning as if i'm floating..

same experience with other qq owners??

its more like how much you can pay for a car, for me i see car as a 10 year metal so how much you pay is what you get and what you need during the 10 years

you should only pay what you can and pay only for what you need

↡ Advertisement

was thinking of getting a qq.. reviews are generally as bad as its fuel consumption.

test drived a qq and the brake was almost non existent. lane change and turning as if i'm floating..

All of what you have mentioned depends on your driving habits... All cars handles differently. I also can't get use of other cars with such a sensitive brake, so does that makes it a bad car?

On a side note, now the COE is more than the cost of QQ why consider buying it ?

• Praise 1

can use 92 oil

if u need air filter etc, can get from me, i bought spare.

how is your fuel consumption?

my average is 1 liter about 17km

Excuse me. Sure or not? Use oil? Not petrol?

• Praise 1

Hi

Anyone can recomend me a workshop that can repair / service Chery Car.

Recently my Chery A168 fuel meter is giving me problem. When I pumped full tank , my fuel meter show only at lowest third bars. It just could not move up to the top most bars.

Brought this problem to the Chery agent who mentioned that the float might be faulty and spare part is very costly because the float is link to the fuel pump and it need to change the fuel pump as well .

I was told that fuel meter can be modify but did not know which workshop is familiar with chery car.

Hope someone can help !

Thank!

More likely the float got puncture, not faulty fuel gauge meter

when you decide a QQ, or any china car. Please bare in mind the cost and quality. Don expect paying a small price and hope for a luxury condition. Have to be contented of what you want the car for? show off? transport? competing with others? or match up with friends as they also own a car?

Forget about the negative feedback in the forum, as it is only individual perception. Not everyone in this forum own a China Car, only few. If you read carefully there are many out there still very happy with their China Car, so it is you who wish to have a car, think about your budget. this is most practical. [flowerface]

Safety first? Some cars are not safe above 60-70km/h (even on dry road surface)

Salesman told me: I was the first to test drive the 1.1L model. The car did not felt/sounded like new car? Salesman replied: the price is cheapest around?

vertex is a vampire squid, will try to suck out profits from the parts

actual price of parts is low but they mark up 3-5 times.

nowadays they do not sell so many new cars. they have to make up for the loss in revenue somwehere. the spare parts business could still be their cash cow

Neutral Newbie

i'm actually working on my budget. For abt 20k, i can only get 2nd hand car or mini van. the number of years left on the car will be ard 2-3years left.. it will be longer for a qq abt 5-6 years left.. as for mini vans, the maintenance cost for them are expensive as most models are EUROCars.. parts and such bound to ppost a problem.. hence, looking at qq as an option.. but its reviews are real bad... fuel gauge spoilt after 15,000km? tat's way too soon rite? heard parts for qq are expensive especially from agent.. no other importers??

i'm actually working on my budget. For abt 20k, i can only get 2nd hand car or mini van. the number of years left on the car will be ard 2-3years left.. it will be longer for a qq abt 5-6 years left.. as for mini vans, the maintenance cost for them are expensive as most models are EUROCars.. parts and such bound to ppost a problem.. hence, looking at qq as an option.. but its reviews are real bad... fuel gauge spoilt after 15,000km? tat's way too soon rite? heard parts for qq are expensive especially from agent.. no other importers??

save up the 20k.

i can be the importer, just provide me the parts number ;)

hi

Hope i'm not hijacknig the thread, but from what i have read in this entire thread, do we, chery owners have more reliable or at least, more knowledgeble workshop that can deal with more advanced or complicated issues?

My T11 has been running close to 4 years at 69k KM and hmm somehow i feel something eccentric is making this howling noise.. any past experiences here?

i'm thinking of going to vertex for service as well as sort this matter out but just want to know what is everyone's take on vertex and its workshop...

for years, they have gave me good impressions everytime i went there..

• Praise 1

I have problem with my fuel guage.

Even though I pump full tank but the fuel guage indicator never reach full.

Then, the vortex CS agent told me that I'll need to change the whole fuel pump even though it may only be the fuel gauge that is faulty.

But he quoted me $380, which is expensive.

Any bro knows how I can fix this thing?

It's a small issue but it's a little annoying to see the fuel bar never reaches full :huh:

Fuel Consumption Survey ($10 worth of parking coupons presented upon completion)

The aim of this survey is to collect data on the actual fuel consumption and kilometers travelled per litre of fuel for different categories of vehicles of different ages. You can do a part by helping us keep a record of fuel pumped and the odometer reading for 10 consecutive pumps.

To register, please send us an email (Sze Hwee: [email protected]) with your details (Name; age; gender; email address, contact (hp); mailing address) and the vehicle

• Praise 1

My uncle bought a first hand QQ for his wife, forgot which year but it was $35k for a brand new QQ. Within one year gearbox changed three times. And blown exhaust for 2 times per month. Basically in one year of ownership, she only get to drive it for a few months. Maybe it was a lemon car. But one year changed three gearbox?! :huh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1