Blackvue users Please come

• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1411 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Black Vue can support both purpose, check this out http://www.black-vue.net

Hi Picanto, if I need both functions (vandalism surveillance and drive recorder), do I need to buy two units of Blackvue? Where do I place the one for vandalism surveillance? The front facing unit won't be able to record the act of vandalism on the back or sides of the car.

Edited by Topspin, 17 July 2011 - 07:50 PM.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

Majoryeo
  • Majoryeo
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Black vue cfm gd ? I was thinking abt installing after my friend accident and the other party counter claim .

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Beemer75
  • Beemer75
    Neutral Newbie

There is no doubt BV is probably the best looking car recorder in the market at the moment. But sadly its not HD. Once you look at HD recordings u will appreciate the difference. Some ppl say just need to rcd the cars, non-HD not an issue. But I think the clarity of the rcding may be crucial in event of a incident dispute.
Perhaps some one who has dealing with BV distributor shld suggest to manufacturer they come out with an HD version - their design is really thumbsup.gif .

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

ebay selling cheap cheap at $230+ only...

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Picanto
ImmitationandOriginal_1.jpg

Hi Picanto, if I need both functions (vandalism surveillance and drive recorder), do I need to buy two units of Blackvue? Where do I place the one for vandalism surveillance? The front facing unit won't be able to record the act of vandalism on the back or sides of the car.

for front n back, need to get 2 sets. note there are fakes in the mkt

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

Picanto

Black vue cfm gd ? I was thinking abt installing after my friend accident and the other party counter claim .

its so good that there are fakes in the mkt. think of it this way, if the product is no good, no one would copy and sell it right?

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear

This one looks like it has an LCD screen.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear

so far mine is working good. please feel free to comment about yours

Where to buy the sticker?

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear

I put another unit on the back windscreen, with the lens pointing inwards so that it can see the side of the car through the windows. Although there are blind spots, this is the best position I can find so far.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

Picanto
thats odd. most people aim the camera to capture the rear view

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

There are many choices for car recorders in the market now. New products and imitations absolutely is risky. I bought Black Vue since it has many good feedback from users here for stability and reliability beside the image clarity and other features. Anyway, black vue is not new, selling since last year hence it is mature product. As for imitation Black Vue, I saw the image quality from other forum, cannot compete at all with original, blur and jerky!! Only the box looks similar but not the quality and features of the product ha ha ha! Black Vue really so popular meh until China wanna copycat??

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Picanto

There are many choices for car recorders in the market now. New products and imitations absolutely is risky. I bought Black Vue since it has many good feedback from users here for stability and reliability beside the image clarity and other features. Anyway, black vue is not new, selling since last year hence it is mature product. As for imitation Black Vue, I saw the image quality from other forum, cannot compete at all with original, blur and jerky!! Only the box looks similar but not the quality and features of the product ha ha ha! Black Vue really so popular meh until China wanna copycat??

yes, its really popular in spore. there will still be people who will buy the copycat blackvue as its cheaper. just like there will be people who buy a 2 DIN made in china DVD player.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

yes, its really popular in spore. there will still be people who will buy the copycat blackvue as its cheaper. just like there will be people who buy a 2 DIN made in china DVD player.

For such black box product, better don't take the risk with imitation, later all important video needed as evidence is missed out. Unlike DVD player, the most cannot work ad risk not that high compare with evidence needed for accident as an example. :-p

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Wind
  • Premium member
    Wind
    2nd Gear

buy it direct from pittasoft. its way cheaper.
i been using it for more than 6 mths now. no problem at all.

just a note though if upgrading the sd card, must buy sandisk brand only.
i bought a 16gb kingston but not functioning well. change to sandisk and everything is fine..

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Roadhogger
  • Roadhogger
    4th Gear

ebay selling cheap cheap at $230+ only...

Can u provide the link?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Picanto

i bought a 16gb kingston but not functioning well. change to sandisk and everything is fine..

yes, i got the kingston card and it does not work with BV. thought of buying the 8gb sandisk but afraid it will face the same problem as the kingston

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Roadhogger
  • Roadhogger
    4th Gear

How much to buy direct with shipping?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

How much to buy direct with shipping?

Black Vue Supplier in Korea now don't allow direct purchase from them as they had assigned a Local Distributor here. My friend tried but was directed to Wow! Gadgets, you will get 1 year local warranty authorized by them now. Risk is high for such electronics products if no local support.

Edited by Civic_newb, 09 August 2011 - 12:05 PM.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

Can u provide the link?

Aiyo...do a search lah...why so lazy? Not sure is it the model that people are talking about...just saw many selling in ebay....check it out below

Blackvue

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Kazuo
  • Premium member
    Kazuo
    5th Gear

The default (medium quality) settings are quite poor actually.
Can see vehicles clearly but not number plates when far or on the move.
I've change to highest quality but didn't have time to review the video taken yet.

sensitivity settings also need adjustment as i find it too sensitive. Sometimes bumpy road drive, it will change to event recording. No problem thou, still recording, just that different type. (event recording is more for survellience where if your car got impact while parking, it will start recording)

Event recording is overwritten protected which might mean too maybe of such recording will fill up your memory fast and require manual deletion? I don't know, havent study that portion.

Overall, not exactly plug and play if you are particular. Need to 'tune' to your preference yourself, but the software makes it quite easy. I choose it because it is the nicest design in the market when i purchase it, within resonable price.

Edited by Kazuo, 09 August 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users