• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1411 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone using BV with sandisk 8gb card? is it ok?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How much to buy direct with shipping?

if got budget, buy the black view. $150. made in china i think?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

anyone using BV with sandisk 8gb card? is it ok?

Yes, I'm using it as it was bundled during promotion. Very good so far biggrin.gif

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

Yes, Made in China Black VIEW (not VUE from Korea) :-) with price below $150.

I found this youtube video recorded by CHINA made Black View (selling in KIA forum). The lens angle looks weird and distorted, video jerky every few seconds!

The following link recorded by original one :-P, link from Wow Gadgets youtube channel:

What do you think??

Edited by Civic_newb, 09 August 2011 - 06:56 PM.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Ngck
  • Premium member
    Ngck
    6th Gear

can record can liao... not watching movie.... so jerky is ok...
People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Roadhogger
  • Roadhogger
    4th Gear

Did I say got budget?

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed

Did I say got budget?

well, i doubt you are making much per mth.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Topspin
  • Topspin
    4th Gear

The default (medium quality) settings are quite poor actually.
Can see vehicles clearly but not number plates when far or on the move.
I've change to highest quality but didn't have time to review the video taken yet.

sensitivity settings also need adjustment as i find it too sensitive. Sometimes bumpy road drive, it will change to event recording. No problem thou, still recording, just that different type. (event recording is more for survellience where if your car got impact while parking, it will start recording)

Event recording is overwritten protected which might mean too maybe of such recording will fill up your memory fast and require manual deletion? I don't know, havent study that portion.

Overall, not exactly plug and play if you are particular. Need to 'tune' to your preference yourself, but the software makes it quite easy. I choose it because it is the nicest design in the market when i purchase it, within resonable price.

Agree!! Since I got it last weekend, I have been taking the memory card in and out of the car to fine tune it.

Presently set to the highest resolution and very low sensitivity already.

If you set your overwrite to time priority, I think the event based files (E files) will still be overwritten. I have yet to fill up the entire memory disk as of to date. So I will only know for sure later.

Just one question, do any of you re-format your memory card every week as recommended by the manual? Quite leceh right? After formatting must still install the Firmware. Maybe I will format it just once a month and see how it goes.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

Agree!! Since I got it last weekend, I have been taking the memory card in and out of the car to fine tune it.

Presently set to the highest resolution and very low sensitivity already.

If you set your overwrite to time priority, I think the event based files (E files) will still be overwritten. I have yet to fill up the entire memory disk as of to date. So I will only know for sure later.

Just one question, do any of you re-format your memory card every week as recommended by the manual? Quite leceh right? After formatting must still install the Firmware. Maybe I will format it just once a month and see how it goes.

I have been using it for two months now, never format the card . so far ok but they recommend only use SanDisk!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Ftco
  • Premium member
    Ftco
    5th Gear

I have been using it for two months now, never format the card . so far ok but they recommend only use SanDisk!

Agree. Had problems with Kingston despite formating few tiimes. Even the Transend card that came with the product gave some problems occasionally. Sandisk so far works well without issues.

Anyone knows the difference between the current DR350 and the older DR300? (not referring to the G models with GPS)

Edited by Ftco, 16 August 2011 - 10:24 PM.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

Found this link from supplier facebook page -> Ang Moh review on our Black Vue?? ohmy.gif thumbsup.gif

Edited by Civic_newb, 17 August 2011 - 11:43 AM.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed

Found this link from supplier facebook page -> Ang Moh review on our Black Vue?? ohmy.gif thumbsup.gif

what link???????

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

what link???????

You tube video link, u cannot see meh?

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

GPunto
  • GPunto
    3rd Gear

Agree. Had problems with Kingston despite formating few tiimes. Even the Transend card that came with the product gave some problems occasionally. Sandisk so far works well without issues.

Anyone knows the difference between the current DR350 and the older DR300? (not referring to the G models with GPS)

I am using Kingmax 16GB card with no issue.

if need to format the card, u can just backup the entire folder (without the video folder), format then copy the folder back to the card.

the firmware, settings...etc are all in this folder

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

How long you had been using Kingmax?
Never heard of this brand leh :)

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed

How long you had been using Kingmax?
Never heard of this brand leh :)

i also never heard

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

TVT
  • TVT
    Turbocharged

Anyone heard of Lukas Blackbox video recorder? Its also from Korea, like Blackvue. I heard it cost about $330 w/o installation. It has its own built-in volt monitoring system. Any bros have this? Please share if its good or bad?

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    NOS-ed

Anyone heard of Lukas Blackbox video recorder? Its also from Korea, like Blackvue. I heard it cost about $330 w/o installation. It has its own built-in volt monitoring system. Any bros have this? Please share if its good or bad?

never heard also

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

TVT
  • TVT
    Turbocharged

never heard also

See this link: http://www.hontoracing.net/

smile.gif

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Civic_newb
  • Civic_newb
    1st Gear

See this link: http://www.hontoracing.net/

smile.gif

Frankly speaking, one look at the size sianz liao, obiang shape and too big like China made!
BTW, this thread only to discuss on Black Vue lah smash.gif rifle.gif tongue.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users