Push start button and keyless entry alrams

Tom_kkh

Anyone installed the above?

hows the review?

am thinking of getting both as i am lazy to look for keys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Even for keyless entry your car keys have to be close enough (in your bag, pocket, somewhere)... meaning you still have to look for them and bring them along with you from home/office. It would serve better if you get a good organizer for your bag/car, can keep your pockets and bag clutter free and save the $..

Now thats my opinion and to each his own...

• Praise 1

Even for keyless entry your car keys have to be close enough (in your bag, pocket, somewhere)... meaning you still have to look for them and bring them along with you from home/office. It would serve better if you get a good organizer for your bag/car, can keep your pockets and bag clutter free and save the $..

Now thats my opinion and to each his own...

xie xie. i don mean literately don bring key out la.

of course will put the keys in my pocket ma, just lazy to take out....

keyless is useful when your hands are full, the car auto locks the door. also you dont have to whip on the key or press anything to open door

• Praise 1

My friend's car key is in a watch form.

Also push start for engine.

Only thing when he goes for valet parking, he has to take off his watch. :D

• Praise 1

I am using keyless entry with push start too, quite convenient. I had also install a 3rd party GSM alarm with it, no need to carry 2 remote control.

• Praise 1

My friend's car key is in a watch form.

Also push start for engine.

Only thing when he goes for valet parking, he has to take off his watch. :D

huh? then like tat, how to show off those branded watches? [:p] i know someone who has a few watches tat each cost >$4K, n i can't imagine him wearing a car-key watch....haha

• Praise 1

huh? then like tat, how to show off those branded watches? [:p] i know someone who has a few watches tat each cost >$4K, n i can't imagine him wearing a car-key watch....haha

4k wacthes is nothing to show off, at least 40k then can....

• Praise 1

keyless is useful when your hands are full, the car auto locks the door. also you dont have to whip on the key or press anything to open door

even with keyless function, the door wont open itself... it just unlock itself... you still need your hand to open it.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Anyone installed the above?

hows the review?

am thinking of getting both as i am lazy to look for keys.

Most push button start & keyless entry are factory fitted,i think there are no aftermarket.

Most push button start & keyless entry are factory fitted,i think there are no aftermarket.

'haha u sure or not.... the aftermarket push start and keyless are everywhere in MCF

• Praise 1

So the theory is Geylang Utd Vs Barcelona!!

my latio is keyless entry but still need to press to open, my uncle's merc is 100% keyless, just pull door can auto open

• Praise 1

I installed mine at Aestmod in Geylang. Do a search and u shd be able to look for the owner Keeve.. Total keyless entry, even good him to add a switch for me to open my boot with a button installed at the boot side as my Civic got no lever to open the boot.

• Praise 1

installed the keyless remote, yes very convenient. ^_^

push start button must bypass the immobilizer in order to work. still thinking.

• Praise 1

My Honda jazz installed with the aftermarket keyless and push button.

Very very convenient to start and lock car....aka no need to bring out the key.

yes....immobilizer will be disabled....what the fitter did was to take the chip from my orginal honda car key....and past it near the key hole Permanently.

So the car will think the immobilizer is permanently ON.

Also for the push button start to work.....the key (cut off metal piece) will be Permanently inserted into the key hole.

So if a thief were to know the above information, and saw my car or any cars with the aftermarket push button start.....the thief will know this car is a easy target.

All the thief need to do is to break the window to gain access.

Pry out the double sided taped push button, to expose the key hole with the cut off car key inserted.

Use a plier, to grip hold of the 5mm exposed car key and twist to start the car and drive off!

So this keyless cum push start system is really not recommended for those who visit JB!!!

1)Of course there is the optional method of over cut the car key, fully inserted into the start hole, without exposing 5mm protruding bit. But then you will not be able to pull out the car key in future, should you need to for one reason or another.

2)Another method is to modify the immobiliser sensor to another location, shift it away from the original key hole location to a cup holder bottom. Each time one enters the car, one will have to place the key immobiliser(the black plastic part of the original key) inside the cup holder for the car to switch off the imobiliser circuit.

Ok another bad point to install the push button start system is the inserted key will always be in teh ACC position. So the headlight warning chim will not be warning should you forget to off the headlight, etc!!

I am not worried about my car being stolen as I dont drive this car to JB, so its ok for me.

Alternatively...just get the keyless entry system. Do not get the push button start system! But then hor....it defeats the purpose of true keyless driving!

You decide.

installed the keyless remote, yes very convenient. ^_^

push start button must bypass the immobilizer in order to work. still thinking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2