Needed: Shops in JB to buy lights/fans

Derek_phua

Neutral Newbie

Dear Bros and Sis,

Anyone has recommendation of where to buy lights and fans in JB?

Can help to provide shop names and their address?

Thanks a lot in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Won't the goods be subjected to taxation(GST) at the customs? Why not just buy locally? The stretch along Geylang Rd got many shops who are distributors. Prices are cheap also plus you dun have to waste petrol to go all the way to JB.

There are 2 shops which I frequent..

Yes, lighting & fans are cheaper but bear in mind no warranty for fans..

I bought lotsa lightings at dirt cheap prices at these 2 places, other lighting shops in JB can forget about it, even with GST also still dirt cheap.

Juz imagine i bought a big crystal chandelier with LED at ard S$260..where can get that price in SG.

Tampoi lighting centre

No.2,4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai), 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Best light

103, 105, Jalan Ros Merah 2/3, Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru

Johor, 81100, Malaysia

Won't the goods be subjected to taxation(GST) at the customs? Why not just buy locally? The stretch along Geylang Rd got many shops who are distributors. Prices are cheap also plus you dun have to waste petrol to go all the way to JB.

Big bulky items sure can't escape the eyes of the customs. Yes, if you go in for just a day trip and stay less than 24 hours, your entitlement is only S$50. Anything beyond this amount is subject of the usual 7% GST.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the info!

How about furniture? Any recommendations since our local get their supplies directly from Malaysia?

I heard kdk fans are cheaper in JB

Here's the info

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/YES-E...143969298961977

If its a KDK, theres no need for warranties... Their fans will last for 10years or longer and still spin like a dj at zouk out.... All my fans have always been KDKs and I seldom need to use the aircon even on hot days.

Edited by Haziqko

Big bulky items sure can't escape the eyes of the customs. Yes, if you go in for just a day trip and stay less than 24 hours, your entitlement is only S$50. Anything beyond this amount is subject of the usual 7% GST.

Customs has revised that b-------t as of yesterday. Now everybody including kids are allowed to bring home goods worth up to $600 per person if you travel for 3d2n. So if got family of 4 2.4k worth of goods free of taxes.

I bought most of my lights and kdk fan from tampoi, when coming back just declare at custom with the number of passerger you have, I paid less than 10 buck for GST.

The kdk fan there cost 200sing while here cost about 380

no need declare la... just go thru custom as normal, if the officers jialat one will ask for receipts than you go declare la. if not move along...