The SAF soldier's latest weapon - the iPad

Sleepyman

From November, recruits doing Basic Military Training (BMT) will be armed with one more 'weapon' - a handheld touchscreen device such as an iPad - to sharpen their fighting skills.

The SAF is believed to be the first military in the region to issue handheld gadgets, such as the iPad, iPod Touch or Samsung Galaxy tablet, to servicemen.

Full report in ST

↡ Advertisement

Each of this hand held will remote control an Avatar to fight on behalf of the NSman.

This one super top secret you also leak out.........wait the special mata come catch u than you know......hehehe :)

I think some of the MCFers like Radx can use it to fark msg others to death. [knife]

he 'upgrade' to Galaxy tab, maybe more powerful, SAF should consider that [laugh] [laugh]

From November, recruits doing Basic Military Training (BMT) will be armed with one more 'weapon' - a handheld touchscreen device such as an iPad - to sharpen their fighting skills.

The SAF is believed to be the first military in the region to issue handheld gadgets, such as the iPad, iPod Touch or Samsung Galaxy tablet, to servicemen.

Full report in ST

Woo yai bo? iPad? I think Ice-pad for sprain n body ache lah....reporters tot i-pad

I think some of the MCFers like Radx can use it to fark msg others to death. [knife]

I very scare RADx one, you see him mean your end is near :huh: ....... [:p]

Whatever fighting equipment they give to our NS boys is of not much use if they just don't know who they are defending. Remember the Vietnam war ? The all mighty US lose the war to poorly equipped vietcongs using merely sharpened bamboo sticks.

(edited)

Well thats because the US troops did not live in Vietnam. Their 60k COE cars and 800k HDB flats were not in Vietnam. Nor were their VN and china brides.

Edited by Mightymito

Most countries will think twice before invading us lah....we have people from so many countries esp PRC.....of coz if they are prepare to go to war with CHINA...

now u know y our gahmen let so many of them in....as "human shield" hahaha

Most countries will think twice before invading us lah....we have people from so many countries esp PRC.....of coz if they are prepare to go to war with CHINA...

now u know y our gahmen let so many of them in....as "human shield" hahaha

you mean if they bomb some part of spore, end up no sporean dead? [rolleyes]

Their range will be overtaken by Angrybird.

Angrybird will be part of the basic training for School of Arty..... [laugh]

wonder if they will disable/take out the camera or special idents w/o cam?

iPAD 1 no cam.

iPAD 2 then have

↡ Advertisement