Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1640 replies to this topic | 545 praises

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just wanna know if there are car lovers that are runners too.

ID yourself please.

For me I try to run 3 times a week.

Tried marathon twice but still like 21 km and 10 km more..

You?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not really a distance runner but I do interval running pretty regularly. Short blast followed by rest phase and then blast and so on and on.

Keeps the metabolism up and great for staying lean coupled with resistance training in the gym.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Reporting!

I also run about 3 times a week, but now down to 2 laugh.gif. Once during weekdays, after work. And another time, long run, during weekend mornings. Also have other hobby to maintain, so it's a tough call on weekends.

Ran during schooldays and marathon once. Back in those days, running was not yet a popular or "trendy" sport. Now only doing half-marathon distances at the most. Next one coming up: Sheares Bridge Run (this is what it was called back in the day) laugh.gif

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Simplesilver
  • Premium member
    Simplesilver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Just wanna know if there are car lovers that are runners too.

ID yourself please.

For me I try to run 3 times a week.

Tried marathon twice but still like 21 km and 10 km more..

You?

Will be running 21km for SCSM this year.
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." Bob Marley.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reporting here..

I run 3 times a week, tempo pace. Seldom do LSD cause train LSD for my 1st marathon, but in the end still suffer.

Tried marathon thrice. Just came back from Stand Chart KL-Marathon. But only did the 21km. This year SCMS will be doing 21km. On/off still try to join those small 10km race if got the time..
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Sunlight
  • Sunlight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

reporting in biggrin.gif run 3 times weekly 3-5km weekdays, 9-10km sat. Long time no run marathon liao unsure.gif

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

Edwardthy
  • Edwardthy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

not a marathon but am a running enthusiast. I run 4 - 5 times per week after work for 30mins. Hit gym regularly too but still got tummy
Eat, Drink & Be Merry..

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Jeff49er
  • Jeff49er
    4th Gear
    Author Image

More to gym. Run once a week to really sweat.

Prefer to cycle becos it is not taxing to the knees and ankles but due to erratic weather I havent cycled for few weeks
Mits Lancer 2.0 EX Sports
Fav team wears Red :devil: My Lancer 2.0 Sports is also Red

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I am a runner too. I ran 2 to 3 times a week.................at bedok camp. biggrin.gif

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Stopped for about 4 months, now going back to run routinely. Managed to encourage and influence my 9yr old nephew (45kg) to run twice weekly during the June vacation. Now he is motivated to twice weekly

Did 1st Mararthon last December. Planning to run 29 more, Twice a year. Missed the Sundown. So this Dec 4 will be second.
Run twice on weekday, about 8km each time. Will be going back to run on Sunday morning too, 18-20km.

Started to run routinely two years ago. Started with 1.5km weekly, to reduce the urge of smoking. Smoke free 2 years, previously smoker for 18 years.
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Reporting!

Currently running 2.4km everyday to train for ippt! happy.gif

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Antonee
  • Antonee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Reporting in too!

Run 4 times per week about 8km. My running shoes will become 'crocodile' after a year or 2 ..haha
:a-panic:

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

im a light runner..as its the only sport i can do now to work up a sweat.
for those on iphone, can try search for this nike+gps app. im using it for my runs, tracks your time, distance via gps (not 100% accurate tho), plays your music and they have a voiceover whenever u cross 1km, with time taken, avg speed etc.

it also keeps a history of your runs, quite useful, esp for outdoor runs.
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Sky61
  • Sky61
    5th Gear
    Author Image

reporting in,

first marathon last yr SCMS, been doing more trail runs nowadays as i like the thrill and agility involved. run 2-3 times a week, short distance 10km, LSD 21-30km. using free runkeeper app for android phone to track my runs. doing half marathon SCMS this year targetting to achieve sub 2hr for half. hope to one day achieve sub 4hr 30min for full marathon. also aspire to do an ultra trail overseas in maybe 2-3yrs time.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Took up serious running a year ago to lost weight. Run at least 5 times a week. 10km per run.

Hope to do a marathon at least once in my life time.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wah, all so detailed.

Ok, I have completed 3 marathons to date, hopefully 1 day can run sub-5hrs timing.

Just downloaded runkeeper yesterday to help pace for my 2.4km.

Hope to complete the ultra marathon some day. wink.gif

Oh, and I usually run at night.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

Leech
  • Leech
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone here uses the Polar watches? Do these measure heartbeat without the use of chest strap? Any recommendations?

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

Rosschang
  • Rosschang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

*wave wave*...

use to be 3 times a week before my operation. now fully recovered but felt more lethargic... sleep.gif

not really a distance runner, but I do a min of 3km each time, up to 10km max if I do get started...

hmm... never get use to attaching phones or device when running. I usually use my iphone to track distance once to know how far is the new trail and that's is it.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Melvinyuen
  • Premium member
    Melvinyuen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I run 3 times a week
to keep fit

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

RT, and even cross to the second phase!

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Runners, check

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users