Runners check in!

Davidklt

2-3 times a week. run abt 2+km to the pool and swim 20 laps. Then walk back and grab a beer along the way. ^_^

Can see that Bear Bear really likes beer! ^_^

↡ Advertisement

Woot! how many thousands are running this year?

How do you train for it - you train alone or with someone you know?

Haha. Unfortunately, I am not kind of runner that trains before a marathon.

I just..., go for it. [laugh]

Hypersonic

Hi Ender,

which minimalist shoe did you use? Vibrams? The KSO and the Bikilas are different altogether. I can run 21K on the Bikilas and it is better then the KSOs. Get blisters occasionally on the KSOs when hitting more than 15km LDSR.

Mine not as hardcore minimalist as yours.. Using adidas adizero Mana 5 and Saucony Kinvara, enough to give my calf muscle alot of strain..

Runs almost everyday and trains religiously years back. Well... sort of... [laugh]

Marathon PB of 3:14, sub 1:30 half, sub 40 10k, sub 19 5k and sub 8:30 2.4k. Pretty avg CV to be brutally honest. [sweatdrop]

now back to x-training and tri for overall fitness.

Just keep on running guys. and keep it fun.

2-3 times a week. run abt 2+km to the pool and swim 20 laps. Then walk back and grab a beer along the way. ^_^

Can see that u work pretty hard for yr lager. well done.

So many fit guys here....3km timing run and 1 swim per week and 2 gym sessions per month.

Planning to go for my first 1/2 marathon since 10 over years ago.

Not really a distance runner but I do interval running pretty regularly. Short blast followed by rest phase and then blast and so on and on.

Keeps the metabolism up and great for staying lean coupled with resistance training in the gym.

The running you do, short blast, is from chasing RADX round the bed. :D

Just wanna know if there are car lovers that are runners too.

ID yourself please.

For me I try to run 3 times a week.

Tried marathon twice but still like 21 km and 10 km more..

You?

3 times a week, high speed running, after resistance training. -_-

Hypersonic

Runs almost everyday and trains religiously years back. Well... sort of... [laugh]

Marathon PB of 3:14, sub 1:30 half, sub 40 10k, sub 19 5k and sub 8:30 2.4k. Pretty avg CV to be brutally honest. [sweatdrop]

You are too modest. You qualify for Boston Marathon liao.. Consider you as elite...

Wow... run almost daily??? Salute [sweatdrop]

Let me guess... r u a SAF regular?

Your timing sure is impressive... probably the best in MCF... how can that be pretty avg??

you timing is Average? ....hmmm....I suspect your beret is red one. [thumbsup]

Thats very poor mileage. Mizuno Wave Rider usually last me at least 500 km. Adizero minimalist about 250km.

After my 1st pair of Newton worn out (about 200km), i have give up on Newton.

Now, i found better shoe, Saucony Kinvara. Suppose to be Minimalist shoe. Did Passion Run 25km in it & no problem at all. Downside is it last only 200+km only.

Now, i found better shoe, Saucony Kinvara. Suppose to be Minimalist shoe. Did Passion Run 25km in it & no problem at all. Downside is it last only 200+km only.

200+ KM? So the sole worn out or the cushion spoilt?

i am quite comfortable with my new balance, but of course wont mind better exploring other alternatives...

how do you guys decide when its time to change shoes?

200+ KM? So the sole worn out or the cushion spoilt?

post-16870-1309490862_thumb.jpg

Look at the black color triangle at forefoot or mid foot area. It is those triangle that worn out.

i am quite comfortable with my new balance, but of course wont mind better exploring other alternatives...

how do you guys decide when its time to change shoes?

I was comfortable with Asics Kayano for yrs. However, it is getting more expensive. So, i have move to K-Swiss Keahou II (too heavy) -> Saucony Kinvara (Very lite but low mileage) -> Saucony Ride 3 (My replacement for Kayano).

Nowadays, i usually buy from Running Warehouse whenever it has sales. After shipping, still cheaper than Queensway.

↡ Advertisement