Runners check in!

Davidklt

anyone using the new asics shoe from SAF? wonder if it is better than new balance?

these are the worst running shoe.....sole will come off no matter what

I was comfortable with Asics Kayano for yrs. However, it is getting more expensive. So, i have move to K-Swiss Keahou II (too heavy) -> Saucony Kinvara (Very lite but low mileage) -> Saucony Ride 3 (My replacement for Kayano).

Nowadays, i usually buy from Running Warehouse whenever it has sales. After shipping, still cheaper than Queensway.

so norm u change when the sole wears out? thats what i normally do, but not too sure if its the correct practise..

You are too modest. You qualify for Boston Marathon liao.. Consider you as elite...

Not participating in overseas marathons is one of my greatest regrets. [bigcry]

For aspiring marathoners, Gold Coast Marathon is a good experience that's not too far away, nice wx, atmosphere and camaraderie.

Wow... run almost daily??? Salute [sweatdrop]

Let me guess... r u a SAF regular?

Your timing sure is impressive... probably the best in MCF... how can that be pretty avg??

Not a regular though... and trust me, there are freaks aplenty out there.

Even guys older than me can have me for breakfast during morning runs. I'm really being honest here. [:)]

you timing is Average? ....hmmm....I suspect your beret is red one. [thumbsup]

Nope. not a red beret and nvr was. I do know some of them though... crazy b------ds... so yes, mine is really avg.

i am quite comfortable with my new balance, but of course wont mind better exploring other alternatives...

how do you guys decide when its time to change shoes?

on avg, training shoes should last u about 500 to 600ks, racers about 300 to 250ks.

You can actually feel it when the shoes loses it's cushioning. That's when I change it. Protection for the kneels is more impt than costs.

i am quite comfortable with my new balance, but of course wont mind better exploring other alternatives..

how do you guys decide when its time to change shoes?

Reporting in!

I may be a tortoise but at least i won that damn hare!

Did marathon once but guess that'll be my last time. I try to run 5k once a week, weather and work-permitting. :D

You can actually feel it when the shoes loses it's cushioning. That's when I change it. Protection for the kneels is more impt than costs.

my current pair of New Balance...i can feel that the cushioning is getting poorer, thus i ask...

but i think i have only clocked like less than 250km on this pair...

my current pair of New Balance...i can feel that the cushioning is getting poorer, thus i ask...

but i think i have only clocked like less than 250km on this pair...

Which model is this?

For trainer, i will throw away as long as it reaches 500km.

Which model is this?

For trainer, i will throw away as long as it reaches 500km.

its 769, quite an old model, bought it 2yrs back.

Hypersonic

Since the shoe is about 2yrs old, it is about time to change.

Probably got smell by now. :D :D

Probably got smell by now. :D :D

bo smell la...lolz...cause i got 2 pairs ma...alternate... :D

plus i only start serious running this year...past 2 yrs have been going for events without training...most of the time almost die at the the finishing line...

Ya..thatz the prob he faced initially...couldnt clock more than 8km....took him quite awhile to get use to it..

anything that is good for 42km?

i know of fellow runners that used Vibram 5 fingers for marathons.... POWER..... just stck with mainstream running brands( ASICS, NB, Saucony, Mizuno), not fashion brands( Nike, Adidas, Reebok) and correct shoe type( stability,/ cushion) and it should be fine..

Doing my 2nd FM in Dec SCMS, trying to improve my timing for last year. Did 2 HM b4 and feel it is more suitable for me who is half a century old!

↡ Advertisement