Runners check in!

Davidklt

my current pair of New Balance...i can feel that the cushioning is getting poorer, thus i ask...

but i think i have only clocked like less than 250km on this pair...

I won't recommend NB. Their cushioned/ stability trainers are chunky and heavy which are more suited for heavy Caucasian runners, and their lightweight trainers have the worse forefoot cushioning in that category. But they have good racers though.

↡ Advertisement

i know of fellow runners that used Vibram 5 fingers for marathons.... POWER..... just stck with mainstream running brands( ASICS, NB, Saucony, Mizuno), not fashion brands( Nike, Adidas, Reebok) and correct shoe type( stability,/ cushion) and it should be fine..

I highly recommend Mizuno. Designed for Asians, good fit and durable. Their outsole and Waveplate cushioning is awesome. I ever had the same 3 pair of Wave Aeros. Favourite shoes so far.

Nike/Adidas do have the occasional 4/5 star shoe once in a while, but its their inferior durability that prevents them getting full marks.

Happened to my previous NB too and it was a premium model. Thats why i dont use NB now.

my current pair of New Balance...i can feel that the cushioning is getting poorer, thus i ask...

but i think i have only clocked like less than 250km on this pair...

Marathon PB of 3:14, sub 1:30 half, sub 40 10k, sub 19 5k and sub 8:30 2.4k. Pretty avg CV to be brutally honest. [sweatdrop]

YOU ARE DAMN FIT!!!! :blink:

honestly

i hate running

i prefer sprinting

thats why last time shuttle run i clock 9s+

but 2.4....i rather walk

how i pass my ippt during ns also was surprise

till now

i still hate distance running

futhermore my weight is 90+

hard for me to enjoy it

so any tips for me how to start running

without stopping within 1 min

Hypersonic

i know of fellow runners that used Vibram 5 fingers for marathons.... POWER..... just stck with mainstream running brands( ASICS, NB, Saucony, Mizuno), not fashion brands( Nike, Adidas, Reebok) and correct shoe type( stability,/ cushion) and it should be fine..

Actually some of the Adidas Adizero series of light weight racer are quite good.. But that is if you have already gotten used to fore foot strike..

i swear by adidas adizeros.

on LT previously and now on adios for training.

gonna use mana 5 2 months into this coming dec marathon

Supersonic

I always run with my army running shoe, so far so good. [:p]

Wondering where do you guys run? Any nice spot for running? [:/]

you could run on thread mills at home. [:)]

my favorite running route is mandai road.

Reporting!

I am running Army Half Marathon this year.

Active running (on and off) for past three years.

Timing not good though...

hoping that can do my tri factor 21km sub 2hrs......

latest longest distance clocked is 15km.....manage to do below 6min pace....

Nope. not a red beret and nvr was. I do know some of them though... crazy b------ds... so yes, mine is really avg.

Your timing is considered fast in Marathon, if compared with the total participants to last year Standard Chartered Marathon, you could have been easily in the top 10%. [thumbsup] Most of the average runners took 4hours plus.

Of course if you are comparing with the competitive elite runners whose 2 hours 30mins is considered a comfortable pace, then it's a different level. [thumbsup]

(edited)

Your timing is considered fast in Marathon, if compared with the total participants to last year Standard Chartered Marathon, you could have been easily in the top 10%. [thumbsup] Most of the average runners took 4hours plus.

Of course if you are comparing with the competitive elite runners whose 2 hours 30mins is considered a comfortable pace, then it's a different level. [thumbsup]

Yeah i guess i can take credit for that. Haha. But that was a few yrs back.

In my absence, there are many more up and coming local runners who can clock +/- 3hrs.

Takes a lot of time, discipline, sweat and blood to achive sub 3:30 where weekly mileage of between 100 to 150k is a norm during the months leading to the big race.

Our country will nvr be a place to achieve good results for long distances except for a few extraodinary individuals. 1st, we hardly have the time to train well and rest well cuz running is secondary. 2nd, our climate is really shitty for body recovery. Every training session is like flighting fire. We even have to resort to ice buckets to cool our legs down.

Edited by Relagsingh

My fav route is Changi Coast road leading to NSRCC.

As you run, planes take off beside you..

my favorite running route is mandai road.

↡ Advertisement