Runners check in!

Davidklt

My fav route is Changi Coast road leading to NSRCC.

As you run, planes take off beside you..

+1

Too bad it's far from where I'm staying now.

My fav is still MacRitchie.

↡ Advertisement

I've been running regularly for 20 years, and weekly friendly soccer matches.

Favourite places are Macritchie, Bedok Reservoir and East Coast.

Got started with marathons in 2007 (Run for a Cause) with StanChart, and followed up with 2009 and 2010.

Best time 4:21 (in 2010) which will take extra effort if I want to improve - age is catching up fast.

Find it hard to push beyond 5:30/km for marathon as I am not biomechanically blessed.

This year, I'm running SCMS for fun - less time to train and to clock mileage.

Relax a bit, take a few photos, and finish in a comfortable (but not too slow) sub-5 hr.

My plan is roughly to run every 4-5 km, walk 1 km and avoid bad cramps.

Supersonic

My fav route is Changi Coast road leading to NSRCC.

As you run, planes take off beside you..

I assume you should be staying near there? If not, how you ended running at such an ulu place?! :D Even you drive there, dont think nearby got free parking.

I like to run at reservior, usually there are nice and long running route and also nice view. Hated to run along roadside, air very "dirty" and sometimes you still have to stop your run to cross the road! [:|]

No. I don't stay near there. There is free parking there...

I assume you should be staying near there? If not, how you ended running at such an ulu place?! :D Even you drive there, dont think nearby got free parking.

I like to run at reservior, usually there are nice and long running route and also nice view. Hated to run along roadside, air very "dirty" and sometimes you still have to stop your run to cross the road! [:|]

Neutral Newbie

Anyone ran round the marina bay lagoon before? Probably a very scenic route to try out. Distance wise I am not to sure, planning to try out end of this week.

Anyone tried running at Dairy Farm Nature reserve before ? I would like to try one day.

I started doing long distance running some 3 yrs ago. My favourite running spots are Bedok Reservoir, East Coast Park and MacRitchie reservoir. Took part in the full marathon at SCSM 2010 but clocked an unimpressive timing of 5hrs20mins.

Running at Dairy Farm nature reserve on a Sat morn, 7am carpark B. Anyone ?? Free parking one.

Don't need to drive lah. Can run all the way there. [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic
(edited)

Anyone tried running at Dairy Farm Nature reserve before ? I would like to try one day.

I started doing long distance running some 3 yrs ago. My favourite running spots are Bedok Reservoir, East Coast Park and MacRitchie reservoir. Took part in the full marathon at SCSM 2010 but clocked an unimpressive timing of 5hrs20mins.

Running at Dairy Farm nature reserve on a Sat morn, 7am carpark B. Anyone ?? Free parking one.

Dairy Farm nature reserve? I dont think the running route is suitable for running?! I find more for situable for hiking than running. [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

You mean run from where? [confused]

When i start my marathon training, my training starts from home & up to that stretch of road before returning to McDonald ECP.

Hypersonic

I think if one can adopt fore-foot strike, landing on the ball of the foot with a flex knee, then the type of shoes wouldn't matter, with respect to injury prevention. Just get one that is comfortable. that's just my opinion.

Just leave you guys here an extract from the book "Running Fast and Injury Free"

From the position which results (it is impossible to step forward onto the heel), you should begin to run at a slow velocity - but with very light, quick steps making sure to feel the stress on the toes. The runner's legs should remain flexed at the knees. A feeling of "sitting" with the seat down "like a duck" is employed with the body upright. An athlete who runs correctly will actually appear to be shorter than other runners of the same height who are not running properly. By keeping his knees flexed and by landing on the ball of the foot on each step, and with the foot beneath the body, the runner will spring along very quietly. As the weight of the runner's body rides over the foot, the entire sole will rest flat on the ground - do not remain like a ballet dancer on your toes throughout the weight-bearing phase. Alison Roe did this, and was constantly injured.

From the position which results (it is impossible to step forward onto the heel), you should begin to run at a slow velocity - but with very light, quick steps making sure to feel the stress on the toes. The runner's legs should remain flexed at the knees. A feeling of "sitting" with the seat down "like a duck" is employed with the body upright. An athlete who runs correctly will actually appear to be shorter than other runners of the same height who are not running properly. By keeping his knees flexed and by landing on the ball of the foot on each step, and with the foot beneath the body, the runner will spring along very quietly. As the weight of the runner's body rides over the foot, the entire sole will rest flat on the ground - do not remain like a ballet dancer on your toes throughout the weight-bearing phase. Alison Roe did this, and was constantly injured.

E-Book-> http://www.williamsichel.co.uk/documents/R...Injury_Free.pdf

I feel newton shoes are over rated and over priced. Wanna try aspics kayano soon.

I have been running with Kayano for years from Kayano 11 to 15. I stopped running with Kayano as it is getting too expensive and not suitable for forefoot running. I have switch to Saucony Ride 3 and Saucony Kinvara.

I think if one can adopt fore-foot strike, landing on the ball of the foot with a flex knee, then the type of shoes wouldn't matter, with respect to injury prevention. Just get one that is comfortable. that's just my opinion.

Just leave you guys here an extract from the book "Running Fast and Injury Free"

E-Book-> http://www.williamsichel.co.uk/documents/R...Injury_Free.pdf

Shoe does matter especially the difference in height btw forefoot and heel. Efficiency will improves if on shoes with not much difference in height btw forefoot and heel.