Runners check in!

Davidklt

Yep...if you run off into the park and don't stay by the water....

In training runs I go over the overhead bridge, but just does not compare, need a longer upslope to "get used to" what you see on Yellow ribbon...

On plus side - my daughter finished 12th in her age group :-) ANd my net timing 1:05:xx.....not so disappointed with that....I finished about 1/3 of the way from the front...

Lol, have been running along the water no wonder didnt remember i ran any upslope?! :D Looks like i need to run some upslope in my routine run, seems like i have been running too many flat ground. When i encountered yellow ribbon such run with slope, really can die from it. No wonder yesterday i was so tired after my run!

↡ Advertisement

My Daughter did 1:05:29, I did 1:06:50...

10km got more than 2 upslope, in the first 5.5 km already got at least 4! (I pushed the chair for the first 5.5 km, with that you REALLY notice the upslope...then my strong colleague took over because I was dying)

:D :D :D Your daughter did well... You should not pushed the chair for YRR, unless you want to do it each year. It's probably one of those few runs where the route is the same each year, and thus the accuracy to check your PB each year is better compare to other runs.

:D :D :D Your daughter did well... You should not pushed the chair for YRR, unless you want to do it each year. It's probably one of those few runs where the route is the same each year, and thus the accuracy to check your PB each year is better compare to other runs.

I guess i will do better in my timing for next year since the route is the same. :D

Won't be pushing chair next year - she'll be too big - will have to see if they'll let her do it on her bike. (even 6km is still a bit far for a 4 yr old)....

But Yellow Ribbon is really a blast, fully intend to go again next year...

Won't be pushing chair next year - she'll be too big - will have to see if they'll let her do it on her bike. (even 6km is still a bit far for a 4 yr old)....

But Yellow Ribbon is really a blast, fully intend to go again next year...

Thought the run doesnt allow on bike?!

Thought the run doesnt allow on bike?!

I wouldn't think so...but can ask if they will allow her right? If don't ask, then the answer is surely no, if ask, maybe they will allow

Turbocharged

Did my first half marathon on Sunday - the TriFactor run at East Coast Park.

Anybody else there?

Some quick thoughts on the run

a) It started 15 minutes late because of the rain storm in the early morning

b) From start line, hard left out to the jogging route - if there had been a bigger crowd this would have caused a LOT of congestion

c) There were LOTS of water points - which was a real bonus

d) Was my first run at ECP - relatively shaded and enjoyed it

e) The Camera men were in good spots (inside the last 3 km) everybody well spread out, and also I HAD to make sure I ran past the cameras, so helped my a little

f) I really paisei - the 31.5 km winner did it faster than I did 21

g) My timing was 2:17:00 - way way slower than I was targeting, but pleased I finished

h) I had to give up running at 16.5 km and walked most of the way after that - didn't clock enough miles in training

Just finished the 25km northface. This is my 3rd time and also the most enjoyable one. Partly I think it's due to rain that makes it very much more bearable and the organizer did well, by having good buffet spread and the end of the run. And most of all thanks for not cancelling the race. Running in the run is fun despite the muddy and slippery trail.

Will be doing trailseeker run next month..

http://www.thetrailseeker.com/

I did my first Trifactor run too.

Simple and enjoyable run

Anyone did the Newton 18km?

Anybody else there?

b) From start line, hard left out to the jogging route - if there had been a bigger crowd this would have caused a LOT of congestion

e) The Camera men were in good spots (inside the last 3 km) everybody well spread out, and also I HAD to make sure I ran past the cameras, so helped my a little

g) My timing was 2:17:00 - way way slower than I was targeting, but pleased I finished

h) I had to give up running at 16.5 km and walked most of the way after that - didn't clock enough miles in training

I did my first Trifactor run too.

Simple and enjoyable run

Anyone did the Newton 18km?

Anybody else there?

Anybody else there?

That is a very decent timing given you said you didn't clock enough mileage and its your 1st 1/2M.

That's 6m30s per km pace. Well Done! [thumbsup]

im a light runner..as its the only sport i can do now to work up a sweat.

for those on iphone, can try search for this nike+gps app. im using it for my runs, tracks your time, distance via gps (not 100% accurate tho), plays your music and they have a voiceover whenever u cross 1km, with time taken, avg speed etc.

it also keeps a history of your runs, quite useful, esp for outdoor runs.

Yeah, so about to post the question to runners here.

What do you normally carry with you when you run? Armband for phones or waist pouch for small barang barang?

For long distances a little tough not to bring anything leh.

Has anyone sign up for HK Marathon?

Today open today full liao.

SO fast gone liao?

I did that in the 2011 where it's the rabbit year medal. And I signed up somewhere in december when they opened up new slots.. So keep eyes opened for new slots opening for those didn't get it.

Yeah, so about to post the question to runners here.

What do you normally carry with you when you run? Armband for phones or waist pouch for small barang barang?

For long distances a little tough not to bring anything leh.

As light as possible.. Anyway I seldom to LSD anymore. Max is 12km, so no need for hydration during run.

When I was training for my 1st marathon (the 1st is always on the bolla). What I did for my LSD is I planned my route thru housing estates and gas station. Just bring a $50 note and you have your water point at these convenience stores. I put my money and coins in those mini zip-bloc plastic bag to keep them dry. And my shorts has these zipper pockets..

Or you can do it at east coast parkway. There are toilets with water point, or a $50 note gets you quality water point like fresh coconut.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement