Runners check in!

Davidklt

Just back from the run.

Very pack and haha felt like a cattle of a ranch.

Maybe I started late around 520am. See quite a few people started walking even at 2km.

Anyway, I didn't train for it. Luckily condition still ok, no cramps or aches. But felt drain towards 18km.

Haha, Added 19 more mins to my PB.

wah................seriously i cannot imagine how you guys can run that long a distance............. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

5km and I think I hong kan liao.............. [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Just back from the run.

Very pack and haha felt like a cattle of a ranch.

Maybe I started late around 520am. See quite a few people started walking even at 2km.

Anyway, I didn't train for it. Luckily condition still ok, no cramps or aches. But felt drain towards 18km.

Haha, Added 19 more mins to my PB.

Congrats on your PB.. My timing slow by 18mins... Couldn't push myself around the 15km.

wah................seriously i cannot imagine how you guys can run that long a distance............. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

5km and I think I hong kan liao.............. [laugh] [laugh]

For me is don't want to be seen to be growing old, so trying to maintian same pyhsique.

It's 60% vanity and 40% fitness & health [laugh]

Congrats on your PB.. My timing slow by 18mins... Couldn't push myself around the 15km.

I meant added more time...thus also slower....19 mins more than PB [laugh].

• Praise 1

For me is don't want to be seen to be growing old, so trying to maintian same pyhsique.

It's 60% vanity and 40% fitness & health [laugh]

i will be happy if i can do 10km.............hahahaha........ [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Much better than last year. For $12. No complaints.

I missed last year so not sure of the condition. You meant the bottlenecks were worse last year?

True, $12 cannot complain, last year missed also doesn't matter because of the price. [laugh]

If no physical/medical condition, sure can do it. [thumbsup]

The only thing that matters is whether we are willing to invest time.

I use to lead sedentary lifestyle. When I reached the big 40's, all sort of health problem comes, doc say my lifestyle has to change. In the beginning of this change in lifestyle, I couldn't complete 1km. So I think anyone can run 10km if they begin to train.

Just now at somewhere around the 7km, met a 68 year old uncle running at a steady pace of around 5:30min/km. His target was to finish under 2 hr.. Some motivation there for us to what can be achieve. Age is no barrier.

Taking part in Yellow Ribbon Prison 10km run this year ..

Any1 taking part colour run ? A lot chais to beo..

color run, these type of theme run too expensive to join.. On the budget here.

• Praise 1

I use to lead sedentary lifestyle. When I reached the big 40's, all sort of health problem comes, doc say my lifestyle has to change. In the beginning of this change in lifestyle, I couldn't complete 1km. So I think anyone can run 10km if they begin to train.

Just now at somewhere around the 7km, met a 68 year old uncle running at a steady pace of around 5:30min/km. His target was to finish under 2 hr.. Some motivation there for us to what can be achieve. Age is no barrier.

[:p] [:p] [:p] ....................

post-65783-0-01813400-1409469034.jpg

• Praise 2

Some of the route only have one lane width thus causing a lot of bottleneck. Even water point also jammed. This caused my timing even slower than my personal training time.

Edited by Tohto

There were definitely a couple of choke points and sharp turns when running through the park trail, causing the runners to bunch up.

Nowadays I feel that the run organisers here in singapore are all quite half-hearted. They are unwilling to go through the trouble (or are unable to, given our congestion these days) to select a proper route along the roads. I think it is increasingly difficult to secure permission to close so many roads these days, given that there are so many official runs in the calendar.

Long time ago there were only two major running events: the marathon and the sheares bridge run - so perhaps it was easier to convince the authorities to close the roads for the events.

So organisers tend to take the easier option of putting the route past the park along the river... no need to close road but runners have to suffer the bunching up.

Only the very fast, pro runners, being in the front, will not be so affected.

Therefore I think many runners now have to experience a new phenomenon: race event timings slower than training timings! (It used to be the opposite way around)

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

I am sure you can do it, bro :)

Just a little training to kick start :)

I didn't run after my back pain... but I will be back !

Targeting to kick start my running next year !

For those who are interested in the coming runs:

http://www.runningguild.com/index.php/runningcalendar/

Enjoy :))

• Praise 1

Next week I'm running the Tampines Run.. I like this kind of community organised run, coz they are cheap ($18 for passion card) and they are adequate on their logistic. The volunteers tend to be more friendly too, compare to those expressionless school students used by the more popular runs.

Wow respect the uncle.

Actually last year AHM was supposedly to run below 2hr for me, PB was 2hrs 6mins Run 350 in Apr 2013 but didn't train.

Till now still random training.

Will train for PB for SCSM 2014, this year clock at least a below 2hr timing for FM, then walk after 30km

Some of the route only have one lane width thus causing a lot of bottleneck. Even water point also jammed. This caused my timing even slower than my personal training time.

Think it was done on purpose to put the water point at the bottle neck. Since its going to be bottleneck due to the panel width, why not put the water point there?

Yup, totally agree on the timing affected by the flow.

There were definitely a couple of choke points and sharp turns when running through the park trail, causing the runners to bunch up.

Nowadays I feel that the run organisers here in singapore are all quite half-hearted. They are unwilling to go through the trouble (or are unable to, given our congestion these days) to select a proper route along the roads. I think it is increasingly difficult to secure permission to close so many roads these days, given that there are so many official runs in the calendar.

Long time ago there were only two major running events: the marathon and the sheares bridge run - so perhaps it was easier to convince the authorities to close the roads for the events.

So organisers tend to take the easier option of putting the route past the park along the river... no need to close road but runners have to suffer the bunching up.

Only the very fast, pro runners, being in the front, will not be so affected.

Therefore I think many runners now have to experience a new phenomenon: race event timings slower than training timings! (It used to be the opposite way around)

Yup, when I was finishing the HM, saw those 10km Elite runners 10k, running and weaving through everyone.

Slow runners(including me) and Pple walking are everywhere, all ignore the Emcee reminder to keep left.

Wow respect the uncle.

Actually last year AHM was supposedly to run below 2hr for me, PB was 2hrs 6mins Run 350 in Apr 2013 but didn't train.

Till now still random training.

Will train for PB for SCSM 2014, this year clock at least a below 2hr timing for FM, then walk after 30km

Think it was done on purpose to put the water point at the bottle neck. Since its going to be bottleneck due to the panel width, why not put the water point there?

Yup, totally agree on the timing affected by the flow.

Yup, when I was finishing the HM, saw those 10km Elite runners 10k, running and weaving through everyone.

Slow runners(including me) and Pple walking are everywhere, all ignore the Emcee reminder to keep left.

Ha ha, I also slow runner, therefore end up being bunched by the 5km runners at the end. I think if I finish closer to 8am (when the 5km run started) I would not meet the 5km runners near the finish line.

As it is, the 10km run already flagged off slightly late (10 minutes or so over the official time).