Runners check in!

Davidklt

Humidity is a big killer. They also siam our race here.

Its definitely crappy. I ran last night and was sweating buckets. Sweat stinging my eyes and that was at eleven pm
↡ Advertisement

Our lack of altitude and humidity also limits training in the daytime. Another key factor bah

See those amdk run in the sun like damn shiok. Impossible to do it here, unless is siao lang.

See those amdk run in the sun like damn shiok. Impossible to do it here, unless is siao lang.

I see AMDK runs in our hot lunch time outdoors le

I see AMDK runs in our hot lunch time outdoors le

I still call them siao lang if they do it here under hot sun.

I also run in SG hot lunch hour leh. Expletives comes naturally, but the perspiration is very shiok. Just make sure got hydration, preferably with shade under trees. [laugh] [laugh]

I avoid it.

For Saturday morning ride, I left home at 5:30 to reach home no later than 10am

That day I went running along Rifle Range Road and Bukit Timah trails, I thought you should go there and cycle. Most times no cars one, could be more shiok than 99 turns. [laugh]

I do road riding. No MTB for me.

Last Saturday, I included Jurong Hill which is tougher than 99turn.

Turbocharged

I think it's their cannot fail mentality.. that's why their training like commando camp. Also think that the main differenct between AMDK and Jap training.. Theory should be the same science, but the volumes of work and repetition should be a lot more.

it suddenly dawned on me the big head guy actually resembles my BMT OC. almost alike in terms of physique - big head, lean body, long legs, lean limbs. and this OC is quite a runner also. heard that his best 2.4 timing was either 6.30 or 7.30 min. 

but this OC should be around 20 years older than big head guy.

the big head kid's mother was a mid or long distance (cannot remember which) runner in school. so the good running genes got passed to her big head child.

she was the one who "forced" and trained him to run when she discovered that he did a 1.5km in 6 min  1.5km in 7.30min (or something like that) when he was 10 6 years old. All the figures are currently from memory one but i remember the pace was GSL fast for 99% of the population.

her training is damn "cruel" prob from an angmo pov. big head kid was given a dist and timing to achieve daily. during the day, if he cannot hit that target, he will continue running till he hits it. walao, it's like you can only at best do 6 pull up, then the target is 8 pull ups. there is almost no way you can hit the target esp if the first few times you cannot hit liao. your muscles will never recover that fast.

Found the link. My figures are all wrong.  [bigcry]

Not surprise. 

In fact many of those great gifted  sportsperson who were trained by parents went through the same thing. Many did well, but how many of us will be so "cruel" to our own children.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Even i know my son has some potential in the track, I also didnt push him so hard. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

To put things in perspective. The anone runs at a faster pace than your OC for the full 42.195 km. Scared boh?

not scared not scared. cos i ain't going to run any marathon.  :grin:

their pace really blazing whatever the distance they cover.

Don't worry. When you run at Tokyo Imperial Palace your pace will suddenly improve at least 1 min. [laugh]

No lah. Leave my wife alone with the kids. She sure buay song lol
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

For McMillan 10k training plan, once a wk of 90mins LSD is included

Checked this today. 90 mins run... Quite monotonous  run when doing loops.. But a good sweating, song ar...

Checked this today. 90 mins run... Quite monotonous  run when doing loops.. But a good sweating, song ar...

Loops definitely monotonous.

Start from home & run 90 mins lo.

After that, take bus home.

I cannot tahan 90 mins running in loops. 30 mins max out.

That's mean you don't do speedwork, interval or fartlek.

↡ Advertisement