Automatic watches.

ER-3682

Twincharged

Hi Friends,just want to ask,what is +/- in seconds a day,an automatic watch is counted as normal,thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Friends,just want to ask,what is +/- in seconds a day,an automatic watch is counted as normal,thanks.

I dunno but my cheapo automatic Seiko is +/- 10 mins in 7 days :blink:[dizzy][sweatdrop]

Thanks for asking, TS. I wish to know as well.

Normal watches about -/+ 20 secs a day. COSC certified is -4/+6 secs a day.

Twincharged

I dunno but my cheapo automatic Seiko is +/- 10 mins in 7 days :blink:[dizzy][sweatdrop]

My Omega Seamaster is 'fast' 23 secs a day,about 12 mins a month,agent says it is "normal'',very fed up.

My Omega Seamaster is 'fast' 23 secs a day,about 12 mins a month,agent says it is "normal'',very fed up.

ohh in a month? is agent able to do fine adjustment? maybe i have to send in mine for servicing.

you have the address bro? [:p]

When I first bought my COSC certified Zenith, it was running about +5 secs a day, I sent it back to agent for adjustment. It came back +3 secs a day. But my COSC certified Breitling never required any adjustment, out of the box is -/+1 sec since day 1 - from year 2000 until now. Doesn't mean expensive is accurate. [laugh]

ohh in a month? is agent able to do fine adjustment? maybe i have to send in mine for servicing.

you have the address bro? [:p]

If they really want to do it, they can. But they won't wanna spend that kinda time for just one watch. They have to place the watch at various positions and monitor how fast or slow the watch is running at each position before they do the necessary adjustment. Very tedious process. People pay extra for COSC certification.

Turbocharged

My Tag Aquaracer and Omega Speedmaster never more than a min a month.... i wear them on alternate days..

by right i heard seiko watches although cheap but are the most accurate ones around...they are like super engineered by japanese for perfection, you pay for technology only and not the brand.

my tag carrera worn daily so far definitely less than a min a month.

Don't know how you all measure in a day but generally, about 1-2mins slower/faster in 1 month is considered normal.

12 mins a month is a little bad by the way.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Bro, 1month time will add another 40mins. Not acceptable leh

My old GMT 1 (1980') about less than 3-5mins per month.

Only serviced twice for the past 16yrs.

Edited by Mcf777

by right i heard seiko watches although cheap but are the most accurate ones around...they are like super engineered by japanese for perfection, you pay for technology only and not the brand.

my tag carrera worn daily so far definitely less than a min a month.

think maybe mine should be within a min a month as well..maybe I estimated wrongly...

Surprising my seagull watch from china is more accurate than my submariner and iwc pilot ... So it doesnt mean branded or more expensive will b more accurate. The seagull watch is actually a reissue of the 1963 china air force pilot watch ... Not sure if it's more accurate cos its handwound...

As long as it's still under warranty .. Just go to sevice center and ask them to check for u

Surprising my seagull watch from china is more accurate than my submariner and iwc pilot ... So it doesnt mean branded or more expensive will b more accurate. The seagull watch is actually a reissue of the 1963 china air force pilot watch ... Not sure if it's more accurate cos its handwound...

Where to buy Seagull watches in Singapore? Any authorised agent?

Despite a lot of negative bashing China made goods, some of their traditional brand goods are quite good.