AMEX try to retain staff despite losing business

Mustank

now they praying to retrenched bec RHB wants to take over staff but if RHB intends to bring their own staff in, i think all praying to be retained :excl:[:(]

Turbocharged

actually I think it is time to do away with severance/retrenchment package.

When people start to view retrenchment as some of "reward" and pray to get themseelves retrench, that's just wrong.

Turbocharged

The crux of the problem is some want their cake and eat it too. Want to join RHB and also get severance package. Greedy.

The crux of the problem is some want their cake and eat it too. Want to join RHB and also get severance package. Greedy.

nothing wrong with that, everyone wants more $ and a stable job, dont you?

i think the issue is that amex did not handle the problem correctly and announced the compensation package without thinking about the financial costs of retrenchment.

i think the issue is that amex did not handle the problem correctly and announced the compensation package without thinking about the financial costs of retrenchment.

Second to that. Who knows it might be just another scam that the employer is playing. First you offer severance package, then inform gonna retain

Turbocharged

Severance pay is to compensate the staff who are being laid off at short notice.

Now the staff who thought they are getting laid off are not being laid off are pissed? And they might even not have to find another job since RHB is willing to hire them.

If it's just pure laying off with no severance, see how many folks would clamour to be on the "laid off" list and RHB list...

Wah It seems all the staff wants to be retrenched !!

No wander so many company want to hire FTs...

definitely there will be some FT/FWs out of this group. I believe FT/FWs also wants to be retrenched as well at this tight job market.

When people start to view retrenchment as some of "reward" and pray to get themseelves retrench, that's just wrong.

but there are many more who got problem in getting employed after kena retrenched, the package does help to tide them over a period.

they are not the first, remember HDB & surbana? many got a big fat package and got back to do the same job.........

You are right.....remember the HDB golden hand shake after also get job at Surba.....my friend was 1 of them

Turbocharged

but there are many more who got problem in getting employed after kena retrenched, the package does help to tide them over a period.

Singapore is not a welfare state in the first place. If these people have been working a long time and got retrench, they should have save prudently over the years to tie them over the period when they are not employed.

Think about it, severance package also encourage laziness to get themselves employed again because they now have some money to spend.

are you ki siao???

when u work 10-20 yrs in company and the company cut u, if no severance/retrenchment package how u survive job search period?

u must be one of those mean, stingy tow kays <_<

You are right.....remember the HDB golden hand shake after also get job at Surba.....my friend was 1 of them

yes i remembered, thats an absolute joke!

↡ Advertisement