• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Hi Everyone
Can share anything/comments about this car? I am looking at this among others for the next car.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ok I do see a few of this car breakdown on the road.

Most likely due to poor servicing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

[quote name='Friendstar' date='Jul 3 2011, 09:05 AM' post='3855799']

M

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

Jp66
  • Jp66
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Most likely due to poor servicing

serious? blink.gif this is bad since there are only a few on the road. thumbsdown.gif
知足常乐
行到水穷处 坐看云起时

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Nnt1
  • Nnt1
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi Everyone
Can share anything/comments about this car? I am looking at this among others for the next car.

Fuel consumption excellent. Smooth ride. Decent performance, more than enough for SG roads. Rather generous boot and cabin space. Reliable. I would say "Value for Money" and can be "Best in class" if do an overall comparison item-by-item with same class of Jap cars (1500-1600cc class). Caveat emptor.

Below some basic research of mine I can share with you:

Source: www.sgcarmart.com.sg

Toyota Corolla Axio 1.5 X (A)
Engine capacity 1,496 cc
Power 110 bhp
Torque 140 Nm
Fuel consumption 17.2 km\L
$98,000

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6 Elegance (A)
Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 107 bhp
Torque 145 Nm
Fuel consumption 12.8 km\L
$100,988

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.5 Elegance (A)
Engine capacity 1,499 cc
Power 109 bhp
Torque 143 Nm
Fuel consumption 14.4 km\L
$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)
Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 105 bhp
Torque 144 Nm
Fuel consumption 12.3 km\L
$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)
Engine capacity 1,595 cc
Power 125 bhp
Torque 151 Nm
Fuel consumption 14.2 km\L
$114,900

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Tinydog
  • Tinydog
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Fuel consumption excellent. Smooth ride. Decent performance, more than enough for SG roads. Rather generous boot and cabin space. Reliable. I would say "Value for Money" and can be "Best in class" if do an overall comparison item-by-item with same class of Jap cars (1500-1600cc class). Caveat emptor.

Engine capacity 1,496 cc
Power 110 bhp
Torque 140 Nm
$98,000

Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 107 bhp
Torque 145 Nm
$100,988

Engine capacity 1,499 cc
Power 109 bhp
Torque 143 Nm
$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)
Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 105 bhp
Torque 144 Nm
$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)
Engine capacity 1,595 cc
Power 125 bhp
Torque 151 Nm
$114,900

I prefer to get it from AD though. And for Mazda3, I heard from radio that there is a free upgrade to 2.0

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Engine capacity 1,496 cc
Power 110 bhp
Torque 140 Nm
$98,000

Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 107 bhp
Torque 145 Nm
$100,988

Engine capacity 1,499 cc
Power 109 bhp
Torque 143 Nm
$99,999

Mazda 3 Sedan 1.6 (A)
Engine capacity 1,598 cc
Power 105 bhp
Torque 144 Nm
$113,988

Honda Civic 1.6 VTi (A)
Engine capacity 1,595 cc
Power 125 bhp
Torque 151 Nm
$114,900

Well done. Many thanks.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

I prefer to get it from AD though. And for Mazda3, I heard from radio that there is a free upgrade to 2.0

BM also service Toyota bought from PI. Some other ADs do not honour warranty?

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

yes , there is a promo not to 2.0 but the price is about 116-118k - is this the original of a 1.6 mazda 3 ?

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Free upgrade as in totally free (inclusive of difference in COE, road tax, insurance and car price). Or just free as in difference in car price? Then you still have to top up difference for COE....

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Been driving it for three years already. Its a great budget n low FC 4-door sedan with a decent spacious boot. The gear change is smooth due to CVT gearbox. Switch to sport mode n step on the accelerator hard, u will feel its power. Sufficient for overtaking. Rear legroom is good enuf for backseat passengers.

Only thing I dont like is the suspension setup. It is setup for comfort, hard cornering, u will feel the body roll.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Mona-vie
  • Mona-vie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My sis is driving this car. Its pretty decent car and so far so good (3+yrs already). Only the regular servicing required, nothing breakdown yet.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

Good-Carbuyer
  • Good-Carbuyer
    Banned

Been driving it for three years already. Its a great budget n low FC 4-door sedan with a decent spacious boot. The gear change is smooth due to CVT gearbox. Switch to sport mode n step on the accelerator hard, u will feel its power. Sufficient for overtaking. Rear legroom is good enuf for backseat passengers.

Only thing I dont like is the suspension setup. It is setup for comfort, hard cornering, u will feel the body roll.

You do not like this safety feature? The manufacturer incorporated the body roll safety feature for your safety. Hopefully it alerts you not to go any faster and hit a lamppost/tree.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer, 04 July 2011 - 09:55 AM.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Takumi21
  • Premium member
    Takumi21
    6th Gear
    Author Image

CVT gear... save petrol but not for power use.. i not really like it..

i change the Suspension(coilover) within 1st 6 month.... muahaha..

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You do not like this safety feature? The manufacturer incorporated the body roll safety feature for your safety. Hopefully it alerts you not to go any faster and hit a lamppost/tree.

Hur??? hur.gif What safety feature??? My previous car before this was Sunny N16 n it didnt roll like the Axio did.

Have u driven a stock Axio b4???

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

Nnt1
  • Nnt1
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hur??? hur.gif What safety feature??? My previous car before this was Sunny N16 n it didnt roll like the Axio did.

Have u driven a stock Axio b4???

Haha. I think TS meant "safety feature" in commas rather than safety feature. :P Guess he meant usually one will tend not go faster when you start to feel body roll.

As Adrian mentioned, the suspension setup is tuned towards comfort, which makes sense for a sedan. TS you drive already you will know. But TS, if you don't corner very hard (i.e. at high speed), this shouldn't be an issue. Comfort and rigidity are opposite poles of a setup, improve one side compromise the other side. Personal preference of what you looking for. No right or wrong, nor good or bad.

Of course, if you are more towards sports and racing, then we will got to have a separate conversation, as 1.5L NA engine cars are not really manufactured nor intended for that purpose. Otherwise the overall setup is good from my perspective, tuned towards low fuel consumption, smooth gear shift, comfortable drive, reliable, decent performance (110bhp for a 1.5L NA engine not bad already).

Edited by Nnt1, 04 July 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Psarathy
  • Psarathy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I would like to review Axio 2008 models cars.Please help me to advise the following
How about servicing?Understood Borono doesn't perfrom axio models.Please advise reliable service centre?
Any compliants?
Regards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I would like to review Axio 2008 models cars.Please help me to advise the following
How about servicing?Understood Borono doesn't perfrom axio models.Please advise reliable service centre?
Any compliants?
Regards

Its a Toyota.. not some Tohito brand never hear before brand... almost 99% of car workshops would beable to service a Toyota.. and parts are so readilly available. Dun need too worry lah.
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

worst nightmare when comes to car servicing is when you buy some not-so-common brand or models, then your car breaksdown, needs to replace the parts,and it cannot be found in Singapore & Malaysia! Then you have to wait long long for shipment to bring the parts in.
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

StrikeX105
  • StrikeX105
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yo bro! I'm driving an axio..its engine is the same as vios. Suspensions same as old altis. Ive changed the springs..add a throttle controller, voltage stabilizer, strut bar, cold air intake and hurricane stainless steel air filter. All parts for axio can be found in Singapore. Its quite a common car actually. At my mscp alone has around 10 of them. Just search for 2nd hand ones for sale and you can see that its a lot more than what u expected.

Edited by StrikeX105, 18 July 2011 - 08:58 PM.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid

Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Quistation  |  1st Gear

Reliability now paired with a nice facelift

I have driven the old Axio owned by my friend and it was a really boring car. I was in the market for a new car and happened to chance upon this new Axio Hybrid. The first thing that drew me to it is because its a Toyota, and everyone who kno... » Read More

Toyota Corolla Axio

Toyota Corolla Axio  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Max_peh  |  Neutral Newbie

Great drive. Worth every penny

Had this car for about a week now, so would like to write some comments on it. Love this car! My previous car was the Axio 1.5X, so in the 2015 edition, there is definitely some major improvements. Pick up is certainly much better, and my me... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota Corolla Axio

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, corolla, axio, jdm, sedan and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users