Hainanese Curry Rice

Idunspeed

My favorite hainanese curry rice is at blk 65 telok blangah drive. It gas been around for decades already. I love their ba par, sambal prawn (big n juicy) n claypot asam fish! The price is reasonable as well, Worth trying!

open wat time to wat time?

↡ Advertisement

Around the tiong bahru area there are many, one of them is diagonally across the main entrance of tiong bahru market where the escalators are, think it is called Loo's curry.

There is also another near the end of a bend near Kim tian, it is below the Kim tian hdb area which is under construction, that serves curry pork chop or curry chicken rice, both fried with curry added.

There is another beside bukit merah lane hawker, it is at the coffeeshop. It is situated directly opposite the wet market.

There is also another at beo crescent, they serve very crispy pork chop. Can't imagine how well it can go with beer, but they don't sell it at night.

all time fav!! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

for what i know, these below 2 are related by the same lineage. their "ancestors' started off in xx East Reclamation Rd (now part of the harbour) some 40 yrs ago.

-

a. Around the tiong bahru area there are many, one of them is diagonally across the main entrance of tiong bahru market where the escalators are, think it is called Loo's curry. - managed by the brother. this one was featured in Wanbao food recommendation page many years ago.

b. Blk 65, Telok Blangha Drive - managed by the sister.

Neutral Newbie

I dunno what road or street is it. But its opposite sim lim tower. Corner kopitiam. Very nice but close very early (ard 3pm stall closed).

Beo cresent for the dry type of crispy pork strips and Loo's curry (diagonally opposite Tiong Bahru Market escalator entrance) for fried pork chop with superb sauce. The rest abit cannot fight, all quite the same.

The kitchener road is good for night (cause everywhere else closed) and there used to be one near bugis junction (shar bei lor coffeeshop) which are quite convenient. Nowadays I usually go beo cresent cause the price is reasonable, Loo's curry getting mighty expensive.

There is also a curry rice store beside the Kim Tian Green, we used to call it tuar chew kar (Big Tree Leg). It is just curry pork chop or chicken chop with rice only, they also have zhi char, the lady serving is always prim and in designer clothes abeit a little matured liao... Eat from $3+ per head now easily $8 per head, their inflation damned real....

no body patronise the one at upper serangoon rd? i only know tt one.

Midnight curry?? Tied once many years ago.. Didn't like it and never return since.