Effective remedy for motion sickness?

Albeniz

Turbocharged

Dear folks,

Need to take a long-haul flight soon. I am rather prone to motion sickness while on the plane especially when the turbulence gets too strong.

Do you have any recommendation for medicaton which could help to prevent/relief motion sickness?

The thought of being on the plane to the eastern part of USA is making me giddy now.

Many thanks for your recommendations!

↡ Advertisement

1st Gear

You can buy motion sickness pills from any pharmacy or medical hall, but if you want something more natural, try ginger. Ginger tea or ginger pills. Cant guarantee if it works though, so you better try it.

I never felt sick flying before though... you must be really sensitive... I suppose your family all drive contis? :D

Dear folks,

Need to take a long-haul flight soon. I am rather prone to motion sickness while on the plane especially when the turbulence gets too strong.

Do you have any recommendation for medicaton which could help to prevent/relief motion sickness?

The thought of being on the plane to the eastern part of USA is making me giddy now.

Slice of ginger under the tongue. Raw if you need the extra kick (if say you are really damn nauseous)

(edited)

Motion sickness medicine can do wonder ...my kids can't take long haul ride but after taking the medicine... Not a single complain....for me...I fly to USA two times a month...20+ hours ( Transit and domestic )... Never have any motion sickness...

Edited by LoverofCar

Supersonic

When I was in the Navy, they gave us ginger pill. It did not work for me.

The best thing I find is melatonin.

It's natural and puts you to deep sleep.

So plan your timing and pop one is enough.

By the time you wake up, you're adjusted to US time.

Turbocharged
(edited)

u can ask for sleeping pill from the stewardess or listen to music might help....

Do they give sleeping pill on the plane?

This one I didn't know...

Edited by Albeniz

Do they give sleeping pill on the plane?

This one I didn't know...

u can ask for it, usually they use it for passenger who always ask wines, because the wines cost high and troublesome, so they sometime put sleeping pill inside the drink. this one i know from my senior friend who worked in Korean Air before as a senior steward at Boeing 747 plane for 10 years plus

Dear folks,

wah, I got same problem like you. Whenever I sit on other person's car or public bus, I will get motion sickness too [dizzy]

On flight, I got motion sickness when the plane accent/decent, circle in circuit while waiting to decent [dizzy] [dizzy]

(edited)

Dear folks,

oopps, don't know why got double post [confused]

Edited by Vtim

sure ? what if passenger develops or has allergy ? sue the airline until pants drop

that one i dun know but he has done that many times before especially noisy passenger and troublemaker one, keep calling the stewardess hahaha

Need some advice here.

My son took the plane for the first time when he was 4 year old, when we went HK. In the next 4 yr, took the plane another 3 times. These 4 flights, he was ok and enjoyed it and watched cartoons and played games on the in-flight entertainment system. Ate the food and ice cream when there was any and drank too, went toilets, all cheerful and no problem.

Then from 2 yr ago (when he turned 10), trip to Taiwan, he started puking on the plane.  First time didn't know it, so had eaten (he's a big eater) quite a bit, and threw everything out. Few times too...

It was the same last year when we went Perth. Puked on way there. On the return flight, only ate a bit, and we thought it was ok, as he held steady, sleeping quite a bit and comforted by us... but then we finally landed at Changi, walking out towards custom, he buay tahan, and threw out a bit (not much inside as didn't eat/drink much) just as we came in from the aerobridge... Paiseh and felt bad, and had to get him to go toilet to wash up, plus stay back to ask the ground staff to clear the vomit on the carpet...

We're getting ready for another trip end of this month, and am checking what's the latest, best, most effective medication/practice to avert any repeat.

Quite strange that he took the plane 4 (double if add return trips) times in the past and it was ok, and then the last 2 times started to puke... Looks pale when on the plane, and will return to his cheery self once on the ground.

We asked him why like that, and he said it's the smell on the flight that he cannot tahan. Wife suggested bring axe oil this time, but i think better ask for more pro help... from experts here  [laugh]

motion sickness can either take some anti-emetic medication before hand.

dimenhydrinate would be suitable for your kids age as prophylaxis. but cause drowsiness.

If he's old enough, u can take blackmore's ginger tablets. Work almost as well as the sedating medications.

my girl vomits on buses and car rides overseas as well. So when i go TW, will mostly take trains.

• Praise 3

Need some advice here.

My son took the plane for the first time when he was 4 year old, when we went HK. In the next 4 yr, took the plane another 3 times. These 4 flights, he was ok and enjoyed it and watched cartoons and played games on the in-flight entertainment system. Ate the food and ice cream when there was any and drank too, went toilets, all cheerful and no problem.

Then from 2 yr ago (when he turned 10), trip to Taiwan, he started puking on the plane. First time didn't know it, so had eaten (he's a big eater) quite a bit, and threw everything out. Few times too...

It was the same last year when we went Perth. Puked on way there. On the return flight, only ate a bit, and we thought it was ok, as he held steady, sleeping quite a bit and comforted by us... but then we finally landed at Changi, walking out towards custom, he buay tahan, and threw out a bit (not much inside as didn't eat/drink much) just as we came in from the aerobridge... Paiseh and felt bad, and had to get him to go toilet to wash up, plus stay back to ask the ground staff to clear the vomit on the carpet...

We're getting ready for another trip end of this month, and am checking what's the latest, best, most effective medication/practice to avert any repeat.

Quite strange that he took the plane 4 (double if add return trips) times in the past and it was ok, and then the last 2 times started to puke... Looks pale when on the plane, and will return to his cheery self once on the ground.

We asked him why like that, and he said it's the smell on the flight that he cannot tahan. Wife suggested bring axe oil this time, but i think better ask for more pro help... from experts here [laugh]

I used to have this same problem. It's the smell of the disinfectant on the plane.

After smelling this and I try to control not puking when they start serving the smell of food will trigger it.

Even the smell of cherry disinfectant used in Mt Avenia horse Peter toilet makes me want to puke.

I think they did a study people that want to puke because of the smell of disinfectant are all geniuses so you have a very smart boy there.

And yes axe oil helps. I never fly without it.

• Praise 1

Need some advice here.

Then from 2 yr ago (when he turned 10), trip to Taiwan, he started puking on the plane.  First time didn't know it, so had eaten (he's a big eater) quite a bit, and threw everything out. Few times too...

We asked him why like that, and he said it's the smell on the flight that he cannot tahan. Wife suggested bring axe oil this time, but i think better ask for more pro help... from experts here  [laugh]

the last few times he puked, what was he doing on the plane? tried giving him sweet?

Go clinic and get doctor to prescribed anti nauseating medicine. Last time every time before a long drive to genting, we will go clinic to get for our son. Take it just before the plane moved. It the same medicine they give if one of your symptoms is vomiting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1