• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
153 replies to this topic | 156 praises

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I haven't checked my tyres since 2 months ago when my WS did it for me.

how much should i pump into my tyres?

im driving a WRX

17 inches

Edited by Mllcg, 08 July 2011 - 12:39 AM.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

Ldlian987
  • Ldlian987
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

does your car user manual say what pressure u should pump? or else i think the panel at the driver's door will indicate the pressure.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

does your car user manual say what pressure u should pump? or else i think the panel at the driver's door will indicate the pressure.

they did say 220. but if i put 210 is it ok?

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Ldlian987
  • Ldlian987
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i think it is advisable to just follow the pressure stated on the user manual, because if u put 210 it will be slightly under-inflated? and a difference of 10kpa does really make a difference. haha but its up to your own preference anyway.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Tyre pressure is not critical.
You can pump 240 or 180, up to you.
Many cars pumped 210-220 range.
But after two week...it might leaked to 170-200 range.
People still drive and speed and do cornering at low tyre pressure without much worry.

Tyres are very accommodating for normal driver....no need to worry much over it.j

Just pump it every two weeks or monthly will be ok.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

C-K
  • C-K
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If you lower your ride and it is on low profile tyres, it's better to pump in more pressure (~250 or more) to prevent the excessive wear of the tyre inner thread.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

PeterKang
  • PeterKang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I heard best is pump it during cold temp.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I heard best is pump it during cold temp.

Agreed,but you need to buy a air compressor put it at home.

Fairlady.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think it is advisable to just follow the pressure stated on the user manual, because if u put 210 it will be slightly under-inflated? and a difference of 10kpa does really make a difference. haha but its up to your own preference anyway.

Well this only applied to stock tyres.. Meaning lets say for example.. Manual stated 210kpa for stock tyree and stock tyre profile is 195/55/15 (example only) and the driver go change to 16 inch rim and thus tyre also 16 inch and the pressure to pump for that 16inch tyre will not be the one that stated in manual for that stock car..

Rule of the thumb.. When tyre profile is lower, it is good to pump higher pressure as.stated in the manual for stock tyre profile.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

PeterKang
  • PeterKang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Agreed,but you need to buy a air compressor put it at home.

..? As for ?

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

PeterKang
  • PeterKang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Well this only applied to stock tyres.. Meaning lets say for example.. Manual stated 210kpa for stock tyree and stock tyre profile is 195/55/15 (example only) and the driver go change to 16 inch rim and thus tyre also 16 inch and the pressure to pump for that 16inch tyre will not be the one that stated in manual for that stock car..

Rule of the thumb.. When tyre profile is lower, it is good to pump higher pressure as.stated in the manual for stock tyre profile.

Last time when i`m still pump normal air for my 17inc rim, i pump 280kpa !! Lolz... tongue.gif

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Tyre pressure is not critical.
You can pump 240 or 180, up to you.
Many cars pumped 210-220 range.
But after two week...it might leaked to 170-200 range.
People still drive and speed and do cornering at low tyre pressure without much worry.

Tyres are very accommodating for normal driver....no need to worry much over it.j

Just pump it every two weeks or monthly will be ok.

Mechanic at Auto Bac say can pump every 3 mths , some even 6 mth also can ? They use nitrogen , they say is better for the tyre as it do not heat up easily and got no moisture.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

..? As for ?

the moment u start driving..already gets heated up laugh.gif

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

PeterKang
  • PeterKang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mechanic at Auto Bac say can pump every 3 mths , some even 6 mth also can ? They use nitrogen , they say is better for the tyre as it do not heat up easily and got no moisture.

I also heard that nitrogen also make ur car feel lighter..! Dunno true or not leh ??

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I also heard that nitrogen also make ur car feel lighter..! Dunno true or not leh ??

unlikely to feel the different lah , maybe a few grams diff how can have effect , haha ! cool.gif

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Anyone knows what budget brand and model tyre is the video talking about?

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Its more of preventing rim from rusting then lightness, but honestly its just a gimmick.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Molecular weight of air and N2 is almost same. So, no issues. One thing, pumping N2 would make your wallet lighter tongue.gif

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Air already 78% N2 leh.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Tap water is also 99% pure and clean.
But that did not stop people from boiler it nd filtering it to get rid of the 1% germs and unwanted chemicals.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users