Endoscopy

Davidklt

this my fren, is the real meaning of DEEP THROAT [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If from both ends, mouth and anal, will be like the meetingot the MRT North-South line. :D

i did mine last Jul at CGH at subsidised rate as I was referred by polyclinic. endoscope + day ward around $130++ if im not wrong.

The doc put me to sleep 1-2 mins prior the procedure and when I woke up, i experienced nothing, dont recall what has happened.

I also dont get the sore throat and discomfort thereafter. its a very safe procedure.

i did mine last Jul at CGH at subsidised rate as I was referred by polyclinic. endoscope + day ward around $130++ if im not wrong.

The doc put me to sleep 1-2 mins prior the procedure and when I woke up, i experienced nothing, dont recall what has happened.

I also dont get the sore throat and discomfort thereafter. its a very safe procedure.

That's the thing I hate about being anesthetized. You dunno what happen. In this case with endoscopy, dunno if it is endoscopy or 4ss rape session. [:p]

Looks like many people will be put to sleep while doing the Endoscopy?! I guess Endoscopy is even worse than Colonoscopy. And i seldom heard people put to sleep while going through the Colonoscopy.

My turn today (endoscopy, not asscopy). Waiting for surgeon... Zzz...

Male or female doctor?

Later can tell us song bo?!

I did mine last year!!

My turn today (endoscopy, not asscopy). Waiting for surgeon... Zzz...

wohoooooooo...shiooooooooooookkk to the max

after this if u like regular sessions, look for porker....

Seems like quite a few went through endoscopy? Thinking it is due to abnormality test or part of the routine health screening test?

Seems like quite a few went through endoscopy? Thinking it is due to abnormality test or part of the routine health screening test?

common test just to make sure everything ok.

common test just to make sure everything ok.

How often does one's can do such test? I understand for Colonoscopy is once every 10 years after first test.

Lol at "asscopy" :D good one Mockngbrd

Dad had to get a cystoscopy from Gleneagles. Thats through the freaking tip of the penis :o He is 70+ and managed to catch prostate cancer early. A few surgical procedures with them but afterwards opted for a new treatment method in NUH. Fully recovered now.

I don't think I can handle it [shakehead]

Edited by ins1dious

Not too bad an experience, never went under sedation before so was initially quite excited.after all the preparations, on the op table,lie down sideways,attached oxygen breathing thing on nose, vital sign thing on finger, sprayed anesthetic into mouth to numb the throat,and bite on the mouthpiece. I was trying to see what happens after getting the sedative jab. So few seconds after the jab still very much awake, nurse say close eyes and breathe through nose. 2-3 seconds later konked out liao. Not those slowly slowly drowsy type but fully asleep from an awakened state. Next thing I knew all over and 2+ hours had already gone by. No sexy nurse though.

Was slightly woozy afterwards, kinda like being high but without the alcohol. Effects wore off within 1/2 hr.

Edited by Mockngbrd

How often does one's can do such test? I understand for Colonoscopy is once every 10 years after first test.

I had my first colonoscopy done in HK by a Scottish doctor. He removed two polyps when doing it.

He advised me to have it done regularly at 3 yearly intervals.

That was in 1996. I've had one further colonoscopy since and was given all clear.

That was about 4 years ago in 2010.

Supercharged

Why you guys go for endoscopy?

I knew Colonscopy is for irregular bowel symton, or blood in stools, etc....but not sure what is for Endoscopy leh...

Why you guys go for endoscopy?

I knew Colonscopy is for irregular bowel symton, or blood in stools, etc....but not sure what is for Endoscopy leh...

are you a 12yro who likes to peep into things, holes? [grin]

Not too bad an experience, never went under sedation before so was initially quite excited.after all the preparations, on the op table,lie down sideways,attached oxygen breathing thing on nose, vital sign thing on finger, sprayed anesthetic into mouth to numb the throat,and bite on the mouthpiece. I was trying to see what happens after getting the sedative jab. So few seconds after the jab still very much awake, nurse say close eyes and breathe through nose. 2-3 seconds later konked out liao. Not those slowly slowly drowsy type but fully asleep from an awakened state. Next thing I knew all over and 2+ hours had already gone by. No sexy nurse though.

Was slightly woozy afterwards, kinda like being high but without the alcohol. Effects wore off within 1/2 hr.

I remember the GA jab + the gas-mask made the ceiling spin within 1-2 seconds, and I was like floating towards the ceiling when the nurse and doctor were still having small talks by my sides. Nice feeling!

Yes, the next time I knew was 3 hours had passed when I opened my eyes again, also no chio nurse but a motherly senior one asking if I wanted a hot drink.

Depends,

also, commercial doctors will say every 2 years or so, public doctors say 4-5 years.

I did Endoscopy because of gastric reflux plus some other complications. Colonoscopy was just a preventive check.

Anyway, the Gleneagle doc put me under sedation the last time I did 2 years ago for my Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. Knocked out by the count of 3 and I woke up 2 hours later. Nice nap. Nevermind about missing the thrill of seeing your intestine live, cos they recorded it down and passed it to me in a DVD. The effect of the sedation lasted the rest of the day.

↡ Advertisement