Picanto or Getz.... Advise please...

Nlatio

Looking for a second hand ride, 1000cc to 1300cc ride, low road tax, low fc and somewhat reliable. Looking at picanto or Getz. Which is a better choice. Prob a 4 to 5 years old ride. Any advise or any other recommendation? Thank you. Think to have a fair view, Bro Picanto cannot give suggestions..... Haaaa just joking, any advise us welcum. [laugh]

I believe Getz more comfortable for bigger built drive/passengers. Picanto better for braking distance/fuel economy.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I believe Getz more comfortable for bigger built drive/passengers. Picanto better for braking distance/fuel economy.

True, so TS also got to decide whether it is a car for himself or family use [rolleyes]

Supersonic

If you are looking on safety features, i think getz doesnt have any airbags and abs. I dont know about picanto?!

If you are looking on safety features, i think getz doesnt have any airbags and abs. I dont know about picanto?!

none at all

Looking for a second hand ride, 1000cc to 1300cc ride, low road tax, low fc and somewhat reliable. Looking at picanto or Getz. Which is a better choice. Prob a 4 to 5 years old ride. Any advise or any other recommendation? Thank you. Think to have a fair view, Bro Picanto cannot give suggestions..... Haaaa just joking, any advise us welcum. [laugh]

Choose Getz (1.4) instead la

Picanto to me is really small...

Power also very weak...

[:)]

Turbocharged

True, so TS also got to decide whether it is a car for himself or family use [rolleyes]

kns... me consider big size.... want to save $$ also cannot??? Was eyeing Picanto for low road tax, low fc... but seem that I may have problem getting in.... [rolleyes][knife]

If you have a family, must seriously consider something with at least ABS and traction control. Sometimes its hard to judge the speed of the car in front of you until it 'OMG hes not moving'

(edited)

i owned a Getz 1.3A and my best friend owned a 1.1M picanto which i have driven around before.

The Getz comes with a super heavy body and with a 1.3A its very underpower, 1 litre i get 9km, best days 11km that is when its on highway mode, cos I do alot of city driving (i work in the city and so does my best friend), the Getz is a fuel drinker...

In terms of FC, the Picanto cos its a manual so of cos the FC is like damn good, we are looking at an average of 15km/litre some days... A colleague of mine drives a 2005 picanto auto, he gets around 13+km/litre which is not too bad as well...

FC is very much dependent on highway or city driving...

The Getz needless to say has the best head room and leg room, but some parts got blind spot maybe cos im short, even the boot is big and decent. Due to the heavy body 150km/h on NSH is quite ok still.

Picanto is VERY easy to drive, lesser blind spot, it has lesser head room and leg room, but if you drive alone all the time then it still ok. At about 120km/h its zippy and stable but i wont recommending pushing the car more than 130km/h cos its feels alot lighter than the Getz.

Both Getz and Picanto are quite easy to maintain and they never give us any problem. Both cars been to KL, with the Getz being 15-18 minutes faster than the Picanto... so if you ask me, not so much difference. A good friend of mine lives in Ipoh and he owns an OPC Picanto manual, he goes back to Ipoh once a month, its pretty enjoyable drive back at about 110km/h, with 2 toilet stops, 6 hours? if i remember rightly.

So how it all adds up for me.

These two cars are a give and take kind of thing. Like if you want headroom and legroom, you gotta deal with lousy FC. etc. Both cars are good cars and we enjoyed while it lasted and they are good cars to decide. Now to the pros and cons

If you want an auto car, go for the Picanto, cos the Getz 1.1 doesnt come with auto.

It really depends on what you really want. If you want power, then go for manual, if you choose manual, then go for the Getz cos the 1.1M Getz is very decent and powerful, i test drove it before i choose the 1.3A. But trust me, after a while, auto is still a prefered choice on SG roads.

If you are after leg room and head room, then its the Getz, then again the car has poor FC (in my opinion) and you gotta choose a manual option if you are looking at 1.1 option. Evem 1.3 the FC is sucks maybe cos its auto for me, which is why i sold off my car after one year... its not a car for sales people...

Between my best friend and I we actually like the Picanto better than the Getz, cos servicing is slightly cheaper on the Picanto than the Getz, it is so when we service outside, dun ask me why, maybe cos my car 1.3A... If we get to choose all over again we will take the Picanto any day cos servicing is cheaper, we can throw it at any mechanic in Msia but the Getz we think twice cos few times after servicing the car misbehaved like the engine become very rough, accelaration very slow, starting the car its very loud... (maybe my car is a lemon car, or has more electronic component as said by the mechanics at AD)... full tank last longer for us on picanto, it comes with decent space and boot space (even though the getz is alot bigger in space and boot) but Picanto space and boot space is decent enough. The car is better than we expected... Also we drive alone...

IF you got family members, and you need boot space to carry pram or wheelchair, the Getz or the Kenari maybe more suitable

So come down to the dollar and sense, how much you wanna part will decide lor...

Edited by Meganut

Supersonic
(edited)

1.3A getz engine a bit too old, if you want to buy getz should consider the 1.4A, think FC should be better than the 1.3A. If can find 1.6A getz better lo.

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

kns... me consider big size.... want to save $$ also cannot??? Was eyeing Picanto for low road tax, low fc... but seem that I may have problem getting in.... [rolleyes][knife]

Haha, even you can get into the car, problem now is can the car move or not?! :D *Joking*

Neutral Newbie

I have this 09 Fiat Bravo 1.4A T-Jet for sale if you are considering low tax, comes with:

- 6-speed Tiptronic (Manual/Auto)

- 1.4A with Turbo

- 5-doors

- Hatchback

- Under warranty

- Up to 14km/L

- Italian make

- ABS/Airbag

Giveaway additional year of roadtax. ^_^

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...896&DL=1000

Haha, even you can get into the car, problem now is can the car move or not?! :D *Joking*

Cant go in? how big size are you??? I am 1.8m and weight about 250lbs and i still can get in without trouble leh.............

Turbocharged

Cant go in? how big size are you??? I am 1.8m and weight about 250lbs and i still can get in without trouble leh.............

Haaa meet 95 kg and 1.8 m also

Turbocharged

I have this 09 Fiat Bravo 1.4A T-Jet for sale if you are considering low tax, comes with:

- 6-speed Tiptronic (Manual/Auto)

- 1.4A with Turbo

- 5-doors

- Hatchback

- Under warranty

- Up to 14km/L

- Italian make

- ABS/Airbag

Giveaway additional year of roadtax. ^_^

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...896&DL=1000

Sori bro, out of budget...

Turbocharged

Thank you Bro Meganut for the long explanation. Main aim is save $$$... Due to budget, comfort gite to take a back seat... Else would love to get the honda.jazz... :wub:

I wanted to suggest thie Dahatsu Sirion yesterday. but slipped my mind, just cant remember the model.

Can only remember the famous Perudua Myvi, which is the clone.

So you'll have more worskhop and parts choices.

I wanted to suggest thie Dahatsu Sirion yesterday. but slipped my mind, just cant remember the model.

Can only remember the famous Perudua Myvi, which is the clone.

So you'll have more worskhop and parts choices.

those car models are quite expensive

↡ Advertisement