Home insurance

Icedream

I am thinking of getting home insurance to cover renovation and home content.

Please share any advise and past claim experience.

↡ Advertisement

I have checked through a few companies. They are all quite cheap and with slight differences in options. I think the most important factor should be the claim experience. So far I have asked around my circle of friends none have any experience.

I have checked through a few companies. They are all quite cheap and with slight differences in options. I think the most important factor should be the claim experience. So far I have asked around my circle of friends none have any experience.

Cos HDB flats on fire in Spore very very slim chance [shocked] touch wood!

and not to forget whether it provides third party claims. most home insurance are basically little more than fire insurance. if you are staying in low floors or landed property, might do justice to verify the cover include claims for foundation related mishaps and also instances of flooding.

some comprehensive ones might even throw in modest personal accident claim etc.