China: 1st time in Shanghai

AFV_V200

I did cab + maglev.  Save like 20 - 30 mins.

if not coming from or going to airport during peak hour, i rather take taxi all the way, cheaper than maglev   [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

if not coming from or going to airport during peak hour, i rather take taxi all the way, cheaper than maglev   [sweatdrop]

If rush for time, peak hour traffic, using the maglev will help save some time especially when going to airport after a delayed / unexpectedly long meeting.

But i have yet to try it, 

• Praise 2

Pai seh.... I am ç­é¨å¼æ§ã

I stayed in èå·ç½éæ¼¢çµå¤§éåº. There is a KTV in the hotel. Every night in-out....

but 3-4 years already lo.

Thanks bro.. ktv I alone go will be damn siong .. haha..

Will try WeChat for lobang, if not then eat myself.. lol...

i see elite always have driver you chauffeur around  [thumbsup]

if off peak season can go to buy at station, i tried in hangzhou, suzhou and shanghai. Pre-booked online for the first train from shanghai to hangzhou then realise no need to be so kancheong,  use ctrip to monitor the available seats but usually still have ticket, can also use the machine to purchase ticket but i usually use apps to book then collect at counter. 

Went to hangzhou train station to buy the ticket to suzhou in a cold evening (for next day),  saw many homeless people sleeping around the station and when we queue up for the ticket (not many people actually), we let 2 people (villagers) to jump queue cos saw them rushing to catch the immediate train to other city. 

err.... not worth cos you still need a cab to go into the city area   [laugh]  [laugh]

thanks

see...all the china experts including you come in already

:D

Thanks bro.. ktv I alone go will be damn siong .. haha..

Will try WeChat for lobang, if not then eat myself.. lol...

Then I recommend you to go here.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297442-d1814057-Reviews-Yangjiaqiao_Catholic_church-Suzhou_Jiangsu.html#MAPVIEW

Very nice place. Got many Singaporean and Malaysian attending Sunday mass there. (if you are a catholic)

The restaurant nearby, Ming Tien Inn is good. The 2 colour chili fish head.  [thumbsup]

No lah wont go up just take pic background great wall after than move on for peking duck haha

I ever queue, nightmare long queue, waste time. This time gonna book online see how

Actually for the 八达領长城, after get out of the cable car. You are on the great wall already. Try go further up is to train your leg power.

dont know whether the Maglev Train from the airport to the city centre still running or not

imo was quite a worthwhile experience in itself, the short 5min ride can go up to 400+ km/h

Maglev train don't even reach the city. You still need to change to Subway or take a taxi. If you stay in Puxi, it is still very far away. Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

dont want la later need book one more ticket back home if i go suzhou haha :D

going to beijing bring my ah ma for great wall and tian an men. to me these cities abit ancient prefer shanghai guangzhou that kind

aiya no need envy la u every week go fly overseas also what, from spain, brisbane, india and now in taiwan

You should have brought your ah ma to the one in SG la. Save the flight.

• Praise 2

You should have brought your ah ma to the one in SG la. Save the flight.

more fun somemore right? lol

U can always use ctrip to buy and deliver to your hotel for a fee

ticket cannot buy from ctrip and then collect at hsr station?

more fun somemore right? lol

ticket cannot buy from ctrip and then collect at hsr station?

can buy from ctrip and collect from station, they have designated counter for online purchase.
  • Praise 1

dont want la later need book one more ticket back home if i go suzhou haha :D

going to beijing bring my ah ma for great wall and tian an men. to me these cities abit ancient prefer shanghai guangzhou that kind

aiya no need envy la u every week go fly overseas also what, from spain, brisbane, india and now in taiwan

Wah so filial ah, how old is your ah Ma?

The thing u need to really consider about Har is the luggage, if u n ah Ma got many luggage and u Need to take care of her, flight would be a better option

If travel light, hsr will be a good experience for old folks

Just my 2 cents

need advice.

when taking train, do you pre book tickets or go station queue up and buy on that day?

thanks

[:)]

Departing from which station?

Usually can buy at the station but depending on where, some stations have Long queues while it's a Breeze at others

• Praise 5

Wah so filial ah, how old is your ah Ma?

The thing u need to really consider about Har is the luggage, if u n ah Ma got many luggage and u Need to take care of her, flight would be a better option

If travel light, hsr will be a good experience for old folks

Just my 2 cents

Departing from which station?

Usually can buy at the station but depending on where, some stations have Long queues while it's a Breeze at others

shanghai station lor

can.

Sent to hotel no need q mah

foreigner can buy? Not restricted to locals with identification number only?

shanghai station lor

Edited by Galantspeedz

use passport buy online can ar... i never use c-trip before mah....

ctrip quite overseas credit card friendly and more domestic hotels to choose from compare with the agoda or Expedia.