Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Str2
  • Str2
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All,
My auto trans 2005 Honda car (not CVT) recently developing a obvious whining engine brake sound.
Is this a auto box problem? (I hv always change autobox on time or earlier using Honda Z1 trsnmission fluid).
Any bros has experience this in yr ride ? ....... and what the cause and remedy?

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

belt sound?

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Str2
  • Str2
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Don't think so.
I changed air-con belt and water pump belt already.
Sound only appears during slowing down (engine braking as mentioned) and pedal not depress.
Once step on pedal, whining sound kind of disappear.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Roadhogger
  • Roadhogger
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Don't think so.
I changed air-con belt and water pump belt already.
Sound only appears during slowing down (engine braking as mentioned) and pedal not depress.
Once step on pedal, whining sound kind of disappear.

I believe the breather valve/tank is leaking or some hoses leading to this area is leaking also...the hose goes back to the engine..if my guess is correct, the cel will come on soon.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Str2
  • Str2
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I checked it is not breather hose sound....it coming from the auto trans box.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

was it the hollow-like sound? i've heard it in my ride too, also gone after stepping on gas. but i dunno where sound came from.
FS

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

JayRideFD3
  • Premium member
    JayRideFD3
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any update what's found regarding the loud engine sound while braking??

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Loud, Engine, Brake, sound, Honda and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users