My experience working in civil service...

Relacklabrudder

would any here take a pay cut to join the civil service?

pay cut meh ? Maybe they earning more than pte sector 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

See. Told you so, that SPH is slow in going digital. Never optimise on google ad word search. You can't even find the honcho's name online. Haha

i am surprised that NOT deputy CEO is not running the show.

If deputy CEO is running the show, i wonder who????????????????????????????

Supercharged

civil service title very big one. but as i said not much pay increase from senior engineer so i already told u guys in 1st place it is nothing much, but seem some ppl still tink otherwise. y would i lie about unfortunate episode in my life? to curse myself? cos there is nothing to hao lian in my story at all.

fresh grad can be management associate or executive , then A/M, then M then Senior M or AD then Senior AD or DD then D

i have to agree this.

we used to have a colleague who was once our client. he jumped from AD from civil sector to join us as SPM. but he doesn't know his

job well and didn't want to work on a weekend. screwed up projects and got back stab by our very experienced PM. SPM know sh1t,

and PM bey song. both cannot meet eyes to eyes. :XD:  

My friend middle management. Most days he work until 11-12pm.

Going in on weekend is norm to him.

12am you mean?

Sometimes I feel is personal characteristics, can knock off early but still prefer to work...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

i see that those workers that put their work first and all before anything else would rise and get promoted.

those ppl like me who always think of work life balance, put family time first and find every opportunities to knock off after 6pm one

would have less chances to be promoted. [:p] company only want those that can work and is dedicated fully to the job.

• Praise 2

senior project manager but cant handle project efficiently. 

"Senior Project Officer" is usually a term used for those near retirement civil servants that cannot be given a proper post (already taken by replacements or other more capable ones) and yet they want to continue to pay him....

• Praise 1

i see that those workers that put their work first and all before anything else would rise and get promoted.

those ppl like me who always think of work life balance, put family time first and find every opportunities to knock off after 6pm one

would have less chances to be promoted. [:p] company only want those that can work and is dedicated fully to the job.

That's normal... if i am the boss, i too would want more work for same amount of salary.

• Praise 1

would have less chances to be promoted. [:p] company only want those that can work and is dedicated fully to the job.

Every decision has its pros and cons.

You are not alone.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

"Senior Project Officer" is usually a term used for those near retirement civil servants that cannot be given a proper post (already taken by replacements or other more capable ones) and yet they want to continue to pay him....

bro, mine is a private company. The SPM is a degree holder and can write very beautiful english. PM is diploma with broken english.

Turbocharged

For those that are almost on the verge of leaving, do they give them the title of "Director for special project" or something similar? Edited by Albeniz

I see the number of ppl in their CC for an email, I sian liao.  [crazy]

For my side, CC is FYI only. Read and trash it. If need my action, put me in the To.

Many still use the "reply all" function without changing the <To> and <cc> addresses

• Praise 2

Been in civil service and GLCs, only thing good is stable job 9-5. But u see a lot of junks inside, train you to go to meet the outside world like private sector.

Supercharged

not only that, i recently saw this on the void deck notice board, MP being the tour guide, bring residents to somewhere in Malaysia iirc. must go back and see if the notice is still up..

MP beri bz these days..

wah, this kind is die die must go one, coz got expedited Customs clearance!

You look at who is at the top running SPH? Ex military General. Took them so long, way too late to go digital. Lucky got Ah Gong to support (@ tax payers' money), else belly up long ago.

They don't need people with sense of ownership and initiative.

They only need people who says,"Yes Sir it will be done."

Have OT pay??? My bro told me dont have during the last GE. He was stationed at one of the polling station. Only monday is off day, but he had to work from home on his laptop.

My BIL, kena called for training for this coming PE. Also no OT pay.

I gotta let them know!!! Where to submit their claim form?

No need to submit claim form. They will auto credit into the salary. Your brother bluff you one lah. I did for 2011/12 GE and PE, already got ot pay and off in lieu.
↡ Advertisement