My experience working in civil service...

Relacklabrudder

The other point is

'you move up to your highest level of incompetence'

Ask yourself, are you capable of the job? If the hat is too big, dun wear it

• Praise 1

TS, I was just like you actually, and it did affect me...same thing, movign up, but did not like it, but after i resigned, found it difficult as i had moved up too high.

I was actually v v comfortable before i took tht plunge. but guess, it was seeing how better it would be caused me to jump.

After one full circle, i am back at what i love doing and thus, it is not the $$$ nor status, but the overall job satisfaction one derives from his/her daily task.

Take it as a learning experience and move on

TS, I was just like you actually, and it did affect me...same thing, movign up, but did not like it, but after i resigned, found it difficult as i had moved up too high.

I was actually v v comfortable before i took tht plunge. but guess, it was seeing how better it would be caused me to jump.

After one full circle, i am back at what i love doing and thus, it is not the $$$ nor status, but the overall job satisfaction one derives from his/her daily task.

What do you love about your job?

* dealing with the dead because they are dead and do not complain about your services?

* helping the bereaved families prepare for their loved ones' final journey?

* dealing with the dead because they are dead and do not complain about your services?

[laugh][laugh][laugh] well, helping one move on is indeed sth that i find a good thing. This ensures the soul rests in peace and has a respectable farewell.

btw, i did work with the dead, forensic and stuff, but i have a real profession lah...... [wave][wave]

which is why i know lots abt the netherworld and like

he was promoted to deal with the living which he cannot handle, that's why he resigned and go back to deal with the dead, no complaint so far :D[laugh]

he was promoted to deal with the living which he cannot handle, that's why he resigned and go back to deal with the dead, no complaint so far :D[laugh]

[laugh][laugh] barsket.......you wait next month

Bad bosses are a dime a dozen these days. It does make me wonder at least - where the hell do these people come from and how on earth do they get into such a position?

Peter Principle.

[laugh][laugh][laugh] well, helping one move on is indeed sth that i find a good thing. This ensures the soul rests in peace and has a respectable farewell.

btw, i did work with the dead, forensic and stuff, but i have a real profession lah...... [wave][wave]

which is why i know lots abt the netherworld and like

True, a job that gives u satisfaction and $ and allows you to help people move on is indeed a remarkable job. However, I think not many people enjoys going to funeral daily and nobody enjoys seeing the bereaved families weep and mourns for the dead... I personally would be very affected by the mood and doubt I can do the job well.

Turbocharged

I agree with this line the most. Job satisfaction is the most important..

I agree with this line the most. Job satisfaction is the most important..

secondary to that is your immed boss. I have the best boss now, and altho i was offered a 30% rise in another place, i thought abt it, and realised that I am contented now, and thus, stay, coupled with my love for what i do, guess, that makes me complete in my work area

civil sector is for scholars and honour class grads. performance doesnt matter. result counts till u retired.