My experience working in civil service...

Relacklabrudder

Hypersonic

i suspect he is an old man, going to die soon. Has a pacemaker, so anytime can uplorry.......hope this year quota next month includes him [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I thought he's a preschooler with limited vocab. Every single replies he posted is the same message regardless of topic with some variation stucture using limited words like sinkies, pigeon hole, failure, wake up, and ang poa..

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

This is the risk everyone must take whenever they change job (unless you already know the bosses in the co.). To get out of your comfort zone and to hop into a new work environment is not easy. I took the risk a few months ago and still adapting in the new environment. It's a risk worth taking if your current job can't satisfy you. However, i will not take a contract job no matter what. I just feel insecure.

yeah even private sector job also runs the risk of meeting demonic superiors.

the only difference is that the nature of private sector vs public sector means that the co workers of public sector are more laid back and more of rule follower rather than initiative taker.

In private sector...the higher u r...the faster to get the boot unless u r the MD....

I have a fren work as a branch manager....was told he did not follow orders to retrench his good staffs...

In the end he got retrenched instead....but he said happily with a smile...maybe it's blessing in disguise...

I salute him for his courage.....but for me it's stupidity that cost him his job...

I would admit I tend to read Gearoil's posts.

The big fonts break up the monotony of the page and is eye-catching. Low word count makes it an easier read.

There is a level of cynicism which does not sit well with most people definitely but in all that madness, his perspective is refreshing and surprisingly relevant, coming out 2-3 steps ahead of the intellectual level of the prevailing discussion.

Endpoint kind of thinking I would call it.

Anybody feel the same way?

In private sector...the higher u r...the faster to get the boot unless u r the MD....

I have a fren work as a branch manager....was told he did not follow orders to retrench his good staffs...

In the end he got retrenched instead....but he said happily with a smile...maybe it's blessing in disguise...

I salute him for his courage.....but for me it's stupidity that cost him his job...

Sometimes, you just gotta stick to your principles, cos when you look back at your life, you need to hold your head high.

Got colleague join on 2 yr contract as so call manager grade MX10 (Btw MX 9 in ministry is super-scale). So to say manager must be perm is not true.

Exactly what I trying to tell him.. Not all stat board offer perm now.. Only old school boy are perm.. Nowadays a lot of stat board is contract, even gor managers level... It's not about neg for perm position, it's just that a lot stat board dun even offer perm now... What's he mention is only a few of the stat board still currently offering perm

Turbocharged

Operation one is it?

some executive doing administrative stuff. not sure what he do though. he never tell us. but its a norm for him to be in office till 8pm.

The big fonts break up the monotony of the page and is eye-catching. Low word count makes it an easier read.

There is a level of cynicism which does not sit well with most people definitely but in all that madness, his perspective is refreshing and surprisingly relevant, coming out 2-3 steps ahead of the intellectual level of the prevailing discussion.

He is a racist.

Endpoint kind of thinking?

Yea sort of.

(edited)

or okay.. lao jiao speak liao must listen.

if not picnic complan newbie like me dont respect. :D

Oei....... I never complan hor, I suspect you ......... [mad]

just stand one side and observe only ...... [:p]

Edited by Picnic06

Turbocharged

Oei....... I never complan hor, I suspect you ......... [mad]

just stand one side and observe only ...... [:p]

Okay Lao Jiao [laugh]

BTW, what took you so long to discover this posting?? :ph34r:

some executive doing administrative stuff. not sure what he do though. he never tell us. but its a norm for him to be in office till 8pm.

Your frd either too on and looking to perform and promotion, else is bad time management or poor planning....last time when i was in CS, the lady Senior officer will be in the office tll 10pm and report to work the 1st one...but during normal office hours they like butterflies...going around their friend's cubical and chit chat....most are single and the place i use to work, no male senior officer will stay long....

My working hours that time was....8am report, 8.30 am kopi till 9.45am.....11.45am lunch till 1.15pm....3.15pm tea till 3.45pm and 4.30 pm standby go home...but i still complete all my task way before deadline..... But you will have to tolerate those old old staff...i scolded one of them jialat jialat and his department manager before i decided to resign from there... i am from different section..... All those promoted staff are all super balls sukers they can polish till the balls can shine!!! Not my type of working style.... so in CS hard working and capablilty is normally not noticed.... balls sukers are well taken care of...

Turbocharged

Second you :D

Okay Lao Jiao [laugh]

BTW, what took you so long to discover this posting?? :ph34r:

ha..ha... discovered long ago but just stay one side and observe.

How to commence when myself had done civil service. certain thing cannot be said .... [lipsrsealed]

Now who wants to be a public servant?

Maybe can change the title of the thread to the above???

Public service to give an extra four weeks of unpaid infantcare leave per parent, to be taken in the child’s first year

Under a pilot scheme announced on Thursday (March 2), public servants and their spouses will be guaranteed six months of parental leave per couple.

This means that as long as one parent is a public servant, the couple can have up to 26 weeks of leave, or six months, between them.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Now who wants to be a public servant?

Maybe can change the title of the thread to the above???

Public service to give an extra four weeks of unpaid infantcare leave per parent, to be taken in the child’s first year

Under a pilot scheme announced on Thursday (March 2), public servants and their spouses will be guaranteed six months of parental leave per couple.

This means that as long as one parent is a public servant, the couple can have up to 26 weeks of leave, or six months, between them.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3