Estima hybrid and battery

Tom_kkh

Hello,

My ride encountered problem recently on hybrid battery. The car jerk and display panel shown "Hybrid system check". check with my PI, battery replacement cost $6000, workmanship $800. cry.gif

Anyone have any experience on hybrid battery replacement before? Any lorban for good price, good service?

Hope to hear any kind advise.

Thanks

Siao liao... That's the worst fear going with PI. How old is your ride? Does the warranty not cover the battery?

Hi,

The fuel consumption is perfect. 13.5km/l

North South highway is about 15km/l.

YES please NOTE, there is a techique to achieve the above mileage. it is NOT the typical driving with pedal FLAT on the floor...hahahahaha.

yes super quiet.

I am going to buy the same Hybrid Estima, if I ever going to buy another one.

Well we can meet up in August, and I can show you.

PS I am not from Toyota and I do not sell cars.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

Agreed Hybrid car need to be driven with right techniqu to acheive the max, most Estima Hybrid basically are JDM model with Japanese instruction,it is easy just to go to green site to learn about driving style.

Estima Hybrid is using 2 tier Nickel metal hydride battery, they are very sensitive to temperature, take care not to cover the intake vent of cooling just directly behind the driver seat. that will help alot.

All nickel metal hydride battery need to do cycling best every three years, common problem in the market are lack of knowledge to care for this car. Do a Google search it should be able to solve your problem.

Hi,

I am a owner of the Toyota Estima Hybrid 2008 model. Mileage 75000km.

Lately my dashboard has been showing my 'engine' warning light.

Checked it out and it looks like I have to change my hybrid battery.

When asked around, an original battery costs $8000 to replace.

This is expansive. Any good souls to have any way out this???

Thank you.

4 months back bought a 08 Honda Civic 1.3 Hybrid. Very happy with the car so far. Smooth ride. Even mechanics told me the engine is very quiet. Some said didn't come across 1.3 civic. I do have worry about the battery also. Was told to change will cost $2,200. Some friends told me you don't have to change the whole battery as they are in stick form. Replace the faulty stick and should be OK. Don't know how true it is and who can do it. Also if the sticks one by one were to get spoilt, the total cost will be much higher! There was a time I discovered the battery was not charging properly. Was wondering why? For hybrid car was told you have to slow down before your car comes to a stop. Its then the charging takes place. Not always put sudden brake. I found out I had some problem doing it. Then discovered my front suspension was gone. Changed the suspension and saw improvement in braking. Charging was back to normal. For my civic was told if you use 5w to 40w engine oil it will not suit and will not save petrol. But when I brought it to some workshops they said any grade engine oil will do lah! I don't think so it is true. Especially for hybrid cars. They are abit sensitive! Mine also has 8 sparkplugs to power the car as it is only 1.3 I think!

4 months back bought a 08 Honda Civic 1.3 Hybrid. Very happy with the car so far. Smooth ride. Even mechanics told me the engine is very quiet. Some said didn't come across 1.3 civic. I do have worry about the battery also. Was told to change will cost $2,200. Some friends told me you don't have to change the whole battery as they are in stick form. Replace the faulty stick and should be OK. Don't know how true it is and who can do it. Also if the sticks one by one were to get spoilt, the total cost will be much higher! There was a time I discovered the battery was not charging properly. Was wondering why? For hybrid car was told you have to slow down before your car comes to a stop. Its then the charging takes place. Not always put sudden brake. I found out I had some problem doing it. Then discovered my front suspension was gone. Changed the suspension and saw improvement in braking. Charging was back to normal. For my civic was told if you use 5w to 40w engine oil it will not suit and will not save petrol. But when I brought it to some workshops they said any grade engine oil will do lah! I don't think so it is true. Especially for hybrid cars. They are abit sensitive! Mine also has 8 sparkplugs to power the car as it is only 1.3 I think!

08 Civic Hybrid come with 11 pairs (22 sticks of D cell battery connected in series) stick are welded in pair by the factory, replacing stick will not solved your issue due to imbalance in power and energy, suggest since at least your car has 4 more years of life here, you should consider changing it will help in long run. A lot of Civic Hybrid here had been running with aging or faulty battery pack.

By the way, Honda Civic is just an IMA system,(Integrated Motor Assist) Just a low power electric motor sandwich in between the Engine and Transmission to assist in pushing the car. if you are keen in Green car, go and do a little more research, a lot of us in fact misunderstand the technology. A lot to learn from driving technique and maintaining of this car. cheers.

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you.

please see hardknox post on 17th July same thread.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi,

Have you change your battery, try calling hybrid car in kaki bukit, look for Simon Loh @91817071.

He might be able to help.

Hi, My last change was last year. My Estima is a 2009 model. It is about S$6500. You may look for Simon, to me he is the Master of Hybrid Battery. To be honest I am very very very extremely worried, when this happen to me.

My immediate question was:

1. Trust worthy?

2. Can do a good job?

3. His claim that their battery is out from Japan Factory and air freight to SG within 2 weeks - really or not?

4. Will he use "Re-con" battery in his workshop or not - after seeing so many battery in his workshop!

Trust me - I freaking out when thinking All of the Above. Or should I go back to Richuard where I bought it from that quoted me S$7600!

So how?

Hope and Pray Lor! Thank Goodness, Mr Simon is now my icon for Hybrid in SG! No one else will take over his place! contact me at 96888256 if you like to see how the battery is changed. But I must look for it.....

Well you can Call Mr Simon (Master - Simon): 91817071 or 66049181.

Address 10 Kaki Bukit Road 2, #03-30 Singapore 417868.

Disclaimer: I am not a staff or any where related to him or his friends or family members. I DO NOT have any cash back or recommendation/good will fees from him or his company.

I enjoy driving my Estima Hybrid, I am intenting to extend my COE for my this Black Beauty when it'd ends. Therefore I am sharing and hope anyone here who needs to change their Hybrid battery can find this useful.

Have A Great Day Every Day - Everyone who reads this thread. Drive Safe.

Hi, My last change was last year. My Estima is a 2009 model. It is about S$6500. You may look for Simon, to me he is the Master of Hybrid Battery. To be honest I am very very very extremely worried, when this happen to me.

My immediate question was:

1. Trust worthy?

2. Can do a good job?

3. His claim that their battery is out from Japan Factory and air freight to SG within 2 weeks - really or not?

4. Will he use "Re-con" battery in his workshop or not - after seeing so many battery in his workshop!

Trust me - I freaking out when thinking All of the Above. Or should I go back to Richuard where I bought it from that quoted me S$7600!

So how?

Hope and Pray Lor! Thank Goodness, Mr Simon is now my icon for Hybrid in SG! No one else will take over his place! contact me at 96888256 if you like to see how the battery is changed. But I must look for it.....

Well you can Call Mr Simon (Master - Simon): 91817071 or 66049181.

Address 10 Kaki Bukit Road 2, #03-30 Singapore 417868.

Disclaimer: I am not a staff or any where related to him or his friends or family members. I DO NOT have any cash back or recommendation/good will fees from him or his company.

I enjoy driving my Estima Hybrid, I am intenting to extend my COE for my this Black Beauty when it'd ends. Therefore I am sharing and hope anyone here who needs to change their Hybrid battery can find this useful.

Have A Great Day Every Day - Everyone who reads this thread. Drive Safe.

Hi im looking to get my hybrid battery serviced also, is the address for hevshop? this website??http://hevshop.com [laugh] 

I'm driving the 2009 Estima Hybrid too. How much to get hybrid checkup at hevshop?

hi i went for the hybrid battery check up at hevshop and the diagnostic fee for a full system health check was quite cost friendly, simon gave me a special price  [laugh] it was all done up quite quick and accurate for about a 120? plus minus There was even a detailed of report and he could tell me even when i had sent my car in for accessories fitting according to his scanner =O

I think you should give him a call at 9181 7071 Mr Simon!

↡ Advertisement

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Uploaded Files

Uploaded Images

Uploaded Videos