Search
Volvo Comments

• Search this thread
13 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys

anyone own Volvo V60 ?? please leave comments here ... thanks

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am looking at this V60 too and have posted for comments in Volvo forum. Seems like a lot of people read but no one reply.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Garf
  • Premium member
    Garf
    1st Gear

Volvo advertised in today's ST with a $149++K offer for their T4s.. Wonder anyone checked out the offer?

S60 list price is $185 while the V60 and S80 are $195K,...

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yudharamadhona
  • Yudharamadhona
    Neutral Newbie

I think this is a extremly beautiful car, not just in comparison with other saloons but with any car!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear

I have finally decided to ditch the V60 idea and booked a C180 7gtronic. No confidence in the Volvo built quality for the long term. At least I can be sure the Merc will last since my current one has gone on for 8 years and still ok.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Civic6228
  • Civic6228
    5th Gear

I have finally decided to ditch the V60 idea and booked a C180 7gtronic. No confidence in the Volvo built quality for the long term. At least I can be sure the Merc will last since my current one has gone on for 8 years and still ok.

I saw the V60 when it was on display at Marina Square over the weekend ... look good externally but I find the interior a little tight. I would go for the C class as well as I have doubts with the quality of Volvo...

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Zogel
  • Zogel
    1st Gear

Toyotas rules! huh.gif

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    5th Gear

What about the XC 90 /60 SUV? understand XC has positive feedbacks.

Not much changes/. slight tweak here and there, any any owned XC 90 can comment.

THx
Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

John15456
  • John15456
    Neutral Newbie

this is very good car there are many features in this like
Great handling
Plenty of power

Unmatched safety features
Right angles be gone
Safety first
Handle without care
Let it entertain you
Conclusion
The received wisdom is that Volvos are boring and so are estate cars. On paper, then, the V60 shouldn't stand a chance. It should, by all rights, be the most yawn-inducing hell box on the planet.

Those who drive one, however, will discover it's actually rather entertaining. It's one of a new breed of so-called 'naughty Volvos', and, as such, it promises accurate, fun handling and a rapid turn of pace, all wrapped up in a safe-as-houses package that starts from £23,670.
-------------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Mach23
  • Premium member
    Mach23
    2nd Gear

It's not a common ride. Having owned a V50 before, i can attest that resale interests in the stationwagons are still lukewarm in S'pore (unlike in Europe) shakehead.gif

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Jcsh21
  • Jcsh21
    Neutral Newbie

In any chance, don't buy S60 T4 or T5.

I bought a new T4 in last May, the under carriage noise occur since I received the new car. It noise get very obvious when you go over hump.

I have visited the workshop three times and they are not able to resolve the problem. The last visit was really a joke, Senior Mechanic advice me to change my driving style in order to minimize the noise.

Until the recent complain, they have decided to arrange the technical manager (Swedish) to attend to me.

During the test drive, the technical manager immediately pointed out the root cause and brought me to the workshop to explain to me.

The problem could not be eliminated, it was the hanging engine design. the 3rd suspension of the engine mounted at the under carriage does touch the plate (body) and cause the sound. Since it touches the body, the sound does travel to the back of the car too.

Depend on how you view it, i seen this as flaw in their design. i have driven various of Conti and Japanese car and this is the first time i encountered such noise from undercarriage. It is a brand new car and you could imagine the noise will get worst when it age.

However, you may not mind of the noise if you can bear with it and always turn on your radio loud.

With the above, i have decided to let go my S60.,,, to me it is a flaw in design.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

I bought a new T4 in last May, the under carriage noise occur since I received the new car. It noise get very obvious when you go over hump.

I have visited the workshop three times and they are not able to resolve the problem. The last visit was really a joke, Senior Mechanic advice me to change my driving style in order to minimize the noise.

Until the recent complain, they have decided to arrange the technical manager (Swedish) to attend to me.

During the test drive, the technical manager immediately pointed out the root cause and brought me to the workshop to explain to me.

The problem could not be eliminated, it was the hanging engine design. the 3rd suspension of the engine mounted at the under carriage does touch the plate (body) and cause the sound. Since it touches the body, the sound does travel to the back of the car too.

Depend on how you view it, i seen this as flaw in their design. i have driven various of Conti and Japanese car and this is the first time i encountered such noise from undercarriage. It is a brand new car and you could imagine the noise will get worst when it age.

However, you may not mind of the noise if you can bear with it and always turn on your radio loud.

With the above, i have decided to let go my S60.,,, to me it is a flaw in design.

You register a nick to shot down S60? How come no one encountered this issue?

Edited by LoverofCar, 22 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Mach23
  • Premium member
    Mach23
    2nd Gear

Great I am keen what's yr asking price including the design flaw?
biggrin.gif

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

Great I am keen what's yr asking price including the design flaw?
biggrin.gif

talk c--k lah.. design flaw..faster go buy it reduce $30K from market price laugh.gif

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users