Volvo V60 -Comments

Lycanthrope

I am looking at this V60 too and have posted for comments in Volvo forum. Seems like a lot of people read but no one reply.

Volvo advertised in today's ST with a $149++K offer for their T4s.. Wonder anyone checked out the offer?

S60 list price is $185 while the V60 and S80 are $195K,...

I have finally decided to ditch the V60 idea and booked a C180 7gtronic. No confidence in the Volvo built quality for the long term. At least I can be sure the Merc will last since my current one has gone on for 8 years and still ok.

I have finally decided to ditch the V60 idea and booked a C180 7gtronic. No confidence in the Volvo built quality for the long term. At least I can be sure the Merc will last since my current one has gone on for 8 years and still ok.

I saw the V60 when it was on display at Marina Square over the weekend ... look good externally but I find the interior a little tight. I would go for the C class as well as I have doubts with the quality of Volvo...

this is very good car there are many features in this like

Great handling

Plenty of power

Unmatched safety features

Right angles be gone

Safety first

Handle without care

Let it entertain you

Conclusion

The received wisdom is that Volvos are boring and so are estate cars. On paper, then, the V60 shouldn't stand a chance. It should, by all rights, be the most yawn-inducing hell box on the planet.

Those who drive one, however, will discover it's actually rather entertaining. It's one of a new breed of so-called 'naughty Volvos', and, as such, it promises accurate, fun handling and a rapid turn of pace, all wrapped up in a safe-as-houses package that starts from

It's not a common ride. Having owned a V50 before, i can attest that resale interests in the stationwagons are still lukewarm in S'pore (unlike in Europe) [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

In any chance, don't buy S60 T4 or T5.

I bought a new T4 in last May, the under carriage noise occur since I received the new car. It noise get very obvious when you go over hump.

I have visited the workshop three times and they are not able to resolve the problem. The last visit was really a joke, Senior Mechanic advice me to change my driving style in order to minimize the noise.

Until the recent complain, they have decided to arrange the technical manager (Swedish) to attend to me.

During the test drive, the technical manager immediately pointed out the root cause and brought me to the workshop to explain to me.

The problem could not be eliminated, it was the hanging engine design. the 3rd suspension of the engine mounted at the under carriage does touch the plate (body) and cause the sound. Since it touches the body, the sound does travel to the back of the car too.

Depend on how you view it, i seen this as flaw in their design. i have driven various of Conti and Japanese car and this is the first time i encountered such noise from undercarriage. It is a brand new car and you could imagine the noise will get worst when it age.

However, you may not mind of the noise if you can bear with it and always turn on your radio loud.

With the above, i have decided to let go my S60.,,, to me it is a flaw in design.

I bought a new T4 in last May, the under carriage noise occur since I received the new car. It noise get very obvious when you go over hump.

I have visited the workshop three times and they are not able to resolve the problem. The last visit was really a joke, Senior Mechanic advice me to change my driving style in order to minimize the noise.

Until the recent complain, they have decided to arrange the technical manager (Swedish) to attend to me.

During the test drive, the technical manager immediately pointed out the root cause and brought me to the workshop to explain to me.

The problem could not be eliminated, it was the hanging engine design. the 3rd suspension of the engine mounted at the under carriage does touch the plate (body) and cause the sound. Since it touches the body, the sound does travel to the back of the car too.

Depend on how you view it, i seen this as flaw in their design. i have driven various of Conti and Japanese car and this is the first time i encountered such noise from undercarriage. It is a brand new car and you could imagine the noise will get worst when it age.

However, you may not mind of the noise if you can bear with it and always turn on your radio loud.

With the above, i have decided to let go my S60.,,, to me it is a flaw in design.

You register a nick to shot down S60? How come no one encountered this issue?

Edited by LoverofCar

Great I am keen what's yr asking price including the design flaw?

:D

Anyone care to share the experience of owning the v60? Especially if you owned a 5 yr old one? Wonder how it performs over the years? I saw Dekra uk has a 100,000km assessment of used cars and the S60/v60 tops its mid sized class last year!!

↡ Advertisement