Cleaning MAF sensor

my car is jerking at low rpm and i think its due to dirty MAF sensor... i tried to clean it use wet cloth but its not easy cause the "dust' is very stuborn...(cannot use strenght cause the sensor is very fragile.) anyone have any suggest what kind of chemical to use? I intended to use circuit board cleaner since but not too sure its possible...

↡ Advertisement

Several solvents you can use. Eg. Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, circuit board cleaner also can etc......

Yes, you have to be careful with the MAF sensor because its usually a thin film/hot film. It has a small heated wire which its temp will vary with the amount of air flowing past it. If the wire breaks...its going to cost $$$ to replace.

Several solvents you can use. Eg. Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, circuit board cleaner also can etc......

Yes, you have to be careful with the MAF sensor because its usually a thin film/hot film. It has a small heated wire which its temp will vary with the amount of air flowing past it. If the wire breaks...its going to cost $$$ to replace.

yap... was reall gentle cleaning it just now... thats y cant clean properly without and cleaner use... the dust sticked on the wire is really damn stuborn

!!!

use contact cleaner...or brake cleaner. i use 3m brake cleaner...

got it bro, i still have a can of "johnson" brand contact cleaner... will try it tomorrow!

(edited)

the contact cleaner should be alcohol based and fast evaporating, not oil based.

yap, my contact cleaner is not oil based... tested it just now and the cleaner doesnt leave oil residue on the tested surface...

Edited by Tigershark1976

my car is jerking at low rpm and i think its due to dirty MAF sensor... i tried to clean it use wet cloth but its not easy cause the "dust' is very stuborn...(cannot use strenght cause the sensor is very fragile.) anyone have any suggest what kind of chemical to use? I intended to use circuit board cleaner since but not too sure its possible...

Supersonic

yap... was reall gentle cleaning it just now... thats y cant clean properly without and cleaner use... the dust sticked on the wire is really damn stuborn

!!!

I found the best cleaner is Amsoil Power Foam.

Then I finished it off with a electronic no-residue cleaner.

I found the best cleaner is Amsoil Power Foam.

Then I finished it off with a electronic no-residue cleaner.

i happen to hv a bottle of powerfoam... but think better dun take the risk.... MAF sensor is too fragile to play ard with...

Supersonic

i happen to hv a bottle of powerfoam... but think better dun take the risk.... MAF sensor is too fragile to play ard with...

I let the hot wire/film on the maf cool down first.

Then I spray with PF and let it soaked.

After that I followed up with no-residue electronic cleaner.

The engine performs very much better after that. [laugh]

But I can't guarantee any form of maf cleaning will not damage the maf sensor.