Vornado fan

Sk65

hi all,

just to enquire if any1 has good or bad feedbacks about Vornado fan?

1) price steep (but if its good, i dun mind paying more)

2) so many diff models

needs to buy a fan for a room

thanks.

SK

↡ Advertisement

I am using one to cool the kennel area when I'm out of the house. It is good and effective to 'even' out the cooler/warmer air in the room. But I suggest you have a look at iFan, similar but cheaper and warranty is 2yrs by local agent while Vorando is 1yr (even tho it stated 2 yrs) by retailer. I have both.

Edited by Silver_blade

Very noisy...If in a room watching TV and the fan blowing.

Can't hear my TV especially late at night.....and I have to crank the volume up to compete with the noise fan.

Neutral Newbie

Hi SK65 Bro,

if you are looking at Ifan please go to Carrefour at Suntec, they are having a really really good offer. They are selling a small oscillating fan and the double fan variant as a package of price of only $299. The double fan variant itself is already selling at $278 by itself at Home-Fix, so this a a really good deal, i couldnt believe it went i saw the price. If you intend on getting the Ifan i suggest you get this promo..and yes.. inclusive of free home delivery. I Smoke you not !

Like you, i wasnt really sure if its worth the price for such fan, bc even a top end normal fan also less than $100, some more got sleep timer while the ifan and vornado doesnt..

I tried to search the web for info of air circulating fans but cant seem to find much... So wonder if those normal metal cage floor air circulating fan does the same effect for less than half the price or not...

(edited)

thanks bro,

shall head to carefour tomorrow after work

seemed good enuf for my requirement and budget

some more got 2 pieces...

i have this room in the house,

very warm,

cos its a walkin wardrobe,

i dun like to open the window,

cos dunwan dust and moisture.

so needs fan,

if not,

wife bath already, go in change, then sweat again

Edited by Sk65

I have one at home, i buy from homefix at 460 bucks (if i remember correctly). Its juz an air circulator, hence dun expect the wind to be as strong as those KDK fan. N yes its noisy! As the wind energy is quite weak, i always full blast it. To me if u need a fan, den get a fan, dun get an air circulator like vornado

I own 3 vornado fans and yes, vornado fans does move the air in the room. It works differently from a normal conventional fan where the wind blows at you directly. Vornado fans don't oscillate. If you want to bring down the temperature of your room, then you should get this. If you want wind blowing directly at you, get a normal fan. But Vornado fans works best in your bedroom rather than the living room as the living room is bigger and the 'wind bounce' you hardly feel if its bigger space. Point it at the wall or the ceiling and u can feel breeze blowing in your room. But if possible, try not to get from homefix. The price is outrageous. For ard Sgd$450, I can get myself 3 from AMAZON. And the one i bought comes in 4 speed rather then 3. So far, I love this product as it keeps bring down the temperature of my room as my room is facing the evening sun.

I ordered a Vornado 733 from Amazon, it is cheaper to get over there, but the delivery charges was SGD$150+, IIRC, more expensive than the fan itself. Over here, the Vornado 733 cost SGD $399. Vornado is more suitable for tropical countries, but for S'pore which the weather is more humid, air circulator is not practical, those normal Mistral standing fan, which blow directly at you is better.

In my opinion, such air circulator is over rated for Singapore weather.

http://www.vornado.com/product.aspx?Catego...d8-9abe00b3353d

51qDvIlczbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hi SK65 Bro,

if you are looking at Ifan please go to Carrefour at Suntec, they are having a really really good offer. They are selling a small oscillating fan and the double fan variant as a package of price of only $299. The double fan variant itself is already selling at $278 by itself at Home-Fix, so this a a really good deal, i couldnt believe it went i saw the price. If you intend on getting the Ifan i suggest you get this promo..and yes.. inclusive of free home delivery. I Smoke you not !

Like you, i wasnt really sure if its worth the price for such fan, bc even a top end normal fan also less than $100, some more got sleep timer while the ifan and vornado doesnt..

I tried to search the web for info of air circulating fans but cant seem to find much... So wonder if those normal metal cage floor air circulating fan does the same effect for less than half the price or not...

bought the $299 iFan package on thurs night

delivered on sat morning

working well.

thanks bro.

hi billcoke,

I am interested to get a circulator,but your earlier thread discouraged me.

Because my living room is quite long, I thought that the circulator can better drive the air column far to every corners of the room.

Is my understanding correct, and justify my investment?

thanks

Very noisy...If in a room watching TV and the fan blowing.

Can't hear my TV especially late at night.....and I have to crank the volume up to compete with the noise fan.

honestly, dyson is more noisy,

now that i can compare side by side

I agree the blade less dyson is very noisy. To get the wind feel, have to crank up max volume. And it interfere with the sound I can hear from the TV, usually have to crank up the TV volume even louder when the fan is on.

Just bought from expo sales Carrefour a 2 ifan floor fan 12" & 10" for $360. Fan both come with ionizer. Good air circulation at 2nd air flow setting.

Nice.

carrefour ifan combo- 10 inch and 12 inch ifan with ioniser selling 329. got posb card still got further rebate. good deal. much cheaper than home fix price.

Hypersonic

Any place to get this Vonardo fan or iFan for a good price? These days the temperature is very hot.

Turbocharged

Any place to get this Vonardo fan or iFan for a good price? These days the temperature is very hot.

Got it from HomeFix DIY. Not sure if it's cheaper but the price should be about the same lah

↡ Advertisement