How to hide cable on top of windshield/roof lining?

A5ph

Neutral Newbie

Say I have a car camera want to conceal the wire that leads all the way to the charger. What is the name of the thing that you use to stick the cable to windshield? Can't seem to find it.

Or anyone tried using blutack before? Does it work?

Tried searching but got no result.

↡ Advertisement

Hmm... do you want a temporary solution such as tape/trunking? Or a more permanent solution which needs a workshop and they'll lay the cables through the frame?

Neutral Newbie

Something cheap and DIY. As long as it looks nice and tidy. But I'm not OCD ley a bit wire hanging here and there can liao.

Say I have a car camera want to conceal the wire that leads all the way to the charger. What is the name of the thing that you use to stick the cable to windshield? Can't seem to find it.

Or anyone tried using blutack before? Does it work?

Tried searching but got no result.

You can actually hide the wire underneath the roof foam and run it to A-pillar and connect it directly to cigarette lighter fuse. You can buy female cigarette socket to match your car camera power socket, which is male cigarette socket, then tap it to your car cigarette lighter fuse... it can be done easily DIY [:)]

Edited by Lowrider

Neutral Newbie

You can actually hide the wire underneath the roof foam and run it to A-pillar and connect it directly to cigarette lighter fuse. You can buy female cigarette socket to match your car camera power socket, which is male cigarette socket, then tap it to your car cigarette lighter fuse... it can be done easily DIY [:)]

Thanks, but how do I make the wire stick to the roof foam? Need to use any kind of tape? Or just push it in hard?

Better to stick it down with sticky tape, or just use one side of double-sided heavy duty tape.

I speak from experience, as loose wires on the roof lining can cause annoying rattling!

Alternative can shaft cotton wool at the place where the wire is rattling in the roof lining!!

Neutral Newbie

Will take note of that. Thanks.

Better to stick it down with sticky tape, or just use one side of double-sided heavy duty tape.

I speak from experience, as loose wires on the roof lining can cause annoying rattling!

Alternative can shaft cotton wool at the place where the wire is rattling in the roof lining!!

Morning everyone, I believe several car drivers owned a portable GPS device, unfortunately plugging into the cigarette lighter charger in the cockpit leaves unsightly cables. Here's my DIY method to conseal the cables, with a 5 metre wire extension to the socket in my boot.

See How I conseal the wire of my portable GPS?

I have documented more ingenious DIY on my facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ilovemyride

garmincableweb.jpg

Morning everyone, I believe several car drivers owned a portable GPS device, unfortunately plugging into the cigarette lighter charger in the cockpit leaves unsightly cables. Here's my DIY method to conseal the cables, with a 5 metre wire extension to the socket in my boot.

See How I conseal the wire of my portable GPS?

I have documented more ingenious DIY on my facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ilovemyride

Hi Bro, can I check where you bought that yellow thingy?