Search
DENSO IRIDIUM SPARK PLUG

• Search this thread
21 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

Ahbao999
  • Ahbao999
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear car owner,

please kindly share your experience using NGK or DENSO Idirium Spark Plug for your car.

how is the respond, lifespend, fuel consumption and price.

share your car make , model and plug model as well.

thanks and regards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

[quote name='Ahbao999' date='Aug 11 2011, 10:14 AM' post='3930346']
Dear car owner,

please kindly share your experience using NGK or DENSO Idirium Spark Plug for your car.

thanks and regards

Im using Denso Uridium FK20HBR11, didn't occur to me that it was really good after I call my SE on reaching certain mileage on what to look out for in term of servicing.

He say, about time to change ' Sparkies ', so I took his timely advice and changed last week, my mechanic told me that my sparkies was still in good condition, not black at all, and in good condition, anyway, I 've clocked another 10K mileage & it's about time too.

Verdict, the model plug has no misfiring or any mishaps during my ride and found it very reliable, always stick to AD manual, try not to change to other models unless necessary, coz it was distributor's requirement and they have met the highest test , that goes for tyre, rims and battery ( wear and tear items )

P/s: it is not the car we drive say about us, it's the driver has a part to play too.

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    5th Gear

Oh , I've missed on your enquiry on D Iridium, mine is Uridium, trust it does add to your knowledge as well.

Cheers!
Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

Dear car owner,

thanks and regards

I have used Denso Iridium plugs before and I was told that they can last 40k mileage.

At 20k mileage, mechanic took out and checked and realized that the plugs need to be replaced.

Went back to copper and partly also due to the reason that I do not like the idea of using the plugs too long.

I was on voltronic plugs before that. Supposed to last 80k or 100k. I used them till 75k plus before replacement.
|Genuine Volkswagen (VW) Specifications-Parts-Products|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono-Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads|3M Crystalline Solar Film|Sachs Race Engineering (SRE) Kit|Gunson G4107 Start Check Battery Tester|

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Strudel-
  • Strudel-
    4th Gear

I have used Denso Iridium plugs before and I was told that they can last 40k mileage.

At 20k mileage, mechanic took out and checked and realized that the plugs need to be replaced.

Went back to copper and partly also due to the reason that I do not like the idea of using the plugs too long.

I was on voltronic plugs before that. Supposed to last 80k or 100k. I used them till 75k plus before replacement.

I was told by many that copper is the way to go too. Cheaper and better spark too. Only down side is gotta change pretty often but thats sort of the time I do my service anyway.
God created turbo lag to give V8 a chance.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

Satria_neo
  • Satria_neo
    3rd Gear

I have tried both and I would prefer NGK plugs due to 0.6mm center electrode vs 0.4mm for the Denso. Performance wise, there is no difference at all.

However, NGK last longer compared to Denso. But always take note that only the center electrode is iridium and hence resistant to wear. The grounding electrode will be the first to wear out.

Hence need to regap once in a while.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Satria_neo
  • Satria_neo
    3rd Gear

Denso plugs don't last very long due to the fine 0.4mm center electrode.

NGK last much longer with its 0.6mm one.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

Denso plugs don't last very long due to the fine 0.4mm center electrode.

NGK last much longer with its 0.6mm one.

Thanks for sharing. biggrin.gif

I have decided to revert back to stock copper since I always go to stockist to get my parts for servicing.

Edited by Yuan, 11 August 2011 - 03:47 PM.

|Genuine Volkswagen (VW) Specifications-Parts-Products|VAG RennTech Intel Modul|Akebono-Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads|3M Crystalline Solar Film|Sachs Race Engineering (SRE) Kit|Gunson G4107 Start Check Battery Tester|

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Ahbao999
  • Ahbao999
    3rd Gear

thanks guys for the sharing...

copper change every 10k ?

so now more user prefer NGK than DENSO ....

I am using NGK Iridium. Might consider using normal plug if iridium also does not last long. dry.gif

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Gitanic
  • Premium member
    Gitanic
    5th Gear

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

thanks guys for the sharing...

copper change every 10k ?

so now more user prefer NGK than DENSO ....

I am using NGK Iridium. Might consider using normal plug if iridium also does not last long. dry.gif

It depends on the way we drive our cars I guess.

For copper plugs, my experience is that the mechanic will check and showed me the condition. Then he would advise me whether these plugs need to be changed.

Not all cases, my copper plugs need to be changed every 10k.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Satria_neo
  • Satria_neo
    3rd Gear

It depends on the way we drive our cars I guess.

For copper plugs, my experience is that the mechanic will check and showed me the condition. Then he would advise me whether these plugs need to be changed.

Not all cases, my copper plugs need to be changed every 10k.

Actually it can last well over 10K with some regapping. Cleaning is optional and not usually needed unless it fouled. But then if plugs are fouled, then its not a plug issue already.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious

Actually it can last well over 10K with some regapping. Cleaning is optional and not usually needed unless it fouled. But then if plugs are fouled, then its not a plug issue already.

Yes. You are right nod.gif

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

6th Gear

My 76K+ Sill stock Denso iridum.

Plan to change at 80-85K.

These are good plugs, dont waste it away too early.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Ahbao999
  • Ahbao999
    3rd Gear

My 76K+ Sill stock Denso iridum.

Plan to change at 80-85K.

These are good plugs, dont waste it away too early.

Wow thats long ...

perhap yours is Iridium Tough. can go 100k.

So when you change, is more expensive. sleep.gif

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

6th Gear

I am. Lazy person.
So the plug can set for 80-100k, I will go for it.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

Tanhangkiang
  • Tanhangkiang
    2nd Gear

I have tried both and I would prefer NGK plugs due to 0.6mm center electrode vs 0.4mm for the Denso. Performance wise, there is no difference at all.

However, NGK last longer compared to Denso. But always take note that only the center electrode is iridium and hence resistant to wear. The grounding electrode will be the first to wear out.

Hence need to regap once in a while.

Maybe u can try oem ngk, 0.7mm tip iridium with platinum enhanced ground. 100k I think.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Ahbao999
  • Ahbao999
    3rd Gear

Good choice ... long life plug for long run is cost saving .... laugh.gif

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Satria_neo
  • Satria_neo
    3rd Gear

Maybe u can try oem ngk, 0.7mm tip iridium with platinum enhanced ground. 100k I think.

The problem is I usually side gap my plug. Hence this will destroy the platinum ground tip. Thus I just stikc with the Iridium IX.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Ahbao999
  • Ahbao999
    3rd Gear

The problem is I usually side gap my plug. Hence this will destroy the platinum ground tip. Thus I just stikc with the Iridium IX.

what is side gap ???

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users