NGK V.S DENSO - IRIDIUM SPARK PLUG

Ahbao999

Dear car owner,

please kindly share your experience using NGK or DENSO Idirium Spark Plug for your car.

how is the respond, lifespend, fuel consumption and price.

share your car make , model and plug model as well.

thanks and regards

↡ Advertisement

Dear car owner,

please kindly share your experience using NGK or DENSO Idirium Spark Plug for your car.

thanks and regards

Im using Denso Uridium FK20HBR11, didn't occur to me that it was really good after I call my SE on reaching certain mileage on what to look out for in term of servicing.

He say, about time to change ' Sparkies ', so I took his timely advice and changed last week, my mechanic told me that my sparkies was still in good condition, not black at all, and in good condition, anyway, I 've clocked another 10K mileage & it's about time too.

Verdict, the model plug has no misfiring or any mishaps during my ride and found it very reliable, always stick to AD manual, try not to change to other models unless necessary, coz it was distributor's requirement and they have met the highest test , that goes for tyre, rims and battery ( wear and tear items )

P/s: it is not the car we drive say about us, it's the driver has a part to play too.

Dear car owner,

thanks and regards

I have used Denso Iridium plugs before and I was told that they can last 40k mileage.

At 20k mileage, mechanic took out and checked and realized that the plugs need to be replaced.

Went back to copper and partly also due to the reason that I do not like the idea of using the plugs too long.

I was on voltronic plugs before that. Supposed to last 80k or 100k. I used them till 75k plus before replacement.

I have used Denso Iridium plugs before and I was told that they can last 40k mileage.

At 20k mileage, mechanic took out and checked and realized that the plugs need to be replaced.

Went back to copper and partly also due to the reason that I do not like the idea of using the plugs too long.

I was on voltronic plugs before that. Supposed to last 80k or 100k. I used them till 75k plus before replacement.

I was told by many that copper is the way to go too. Cheaper and better spark too. Only down side is gotta change pretty often but thats sort of the time I do my service anyway.

I have tried both and I would prefer NGK plugs due to 0.6mm center electrode vs 0.4mm for the Denso. Performance wise, there is no difference at all.

However, NGK last longer compared to Denso. But always take note that only the center electrode is iridium and hence resistant to wear. The grounding electrode will be the first to wear out.

Hence need to regap once in a while.

Denso plugs don't last very long due to the fine 0.4mm center electrode.

NGK last much longer with its 0.6mm one.

Denso plugs don't last very long due to the fine 0.4mm center electrode.

NGK last much longer with its 0.6mm one.

Thanks for sharing. :D

I have decided to revert back to stock copper since I always go to stockist to get my parts for servicing.

Edited by Yuan

thanks guys for the sharing...

copper change every 10k ?

so now more user prefer NGK than DENSO ....

I am using NGK Iridium. Might consider using normal plug if iridium also does not last long. <_<

thanks guys for the sharing...

copper change every 10k ?

so now more user prefer NGK than DENSO ....

I am using NGK Iridium. Might consider using normal plug if iridium also does not last long. <_<

It depends on the way we drive our cars I guess.

For copper plugs, my experience is that the mechanic will check and showed me the condition. Then he would advise me whether these plugs need to be changed.

Not all cases, my copper plugs need to be changed every 10k.

It depends on the way we drive our cars I guess.

For copper plugs, my experience is that the mechanic will check and showed me the condition. Then he would advise me whether these plugs need to be changed.

Not all cases, my copper plugs need to be changed every 10k.

Actually it can last well over 10K with some regapping. Cleaning is optional and not usually needed unless it fouled. But then if plugs are fouled, then its not a plug issue already.

Actually it can last well over 10K with some regapping. Cleaning is optional and not usually needed unless it fouled. But then if plugs are fouled, then its not a plug issue already.

Yes. You are right [nod]

My 76K+ Sill stock Denso iridum.

Plan to change at 80-85K.

These are good plugs, dont waste it away too early.

My 76K+ Sill stock Denso iridum.

Plan to change at 80-85K.

These are good plugs, dont waste it away too early.

Wow thats long ...

perhap yours is Iridium Tough. can go 100k.

So when you change, is more expensive. -_-

I have tried both and I would prefer NGK plugs due to 0.6mm center electrode vs 0.4mm for the Denso. Performance wise, there is no difference at all.

However, NGK last longer compared to Denso. But always take note that only the center electrode is iridium and hence resistant to wear. The grounding electrode will be the first to wear out.

Hence need to regap once in a while.

Maybe u can try oem ngk, 0.7mm tip iridium with platinum enhanced ground. 100k I think.