How many ppl know your login password?

Ahtong

Curious how many people know your login and password to FB, email, forums and so one.

We had some funny incidents in the news recently. For example:

- Someone's facebook posting was on cooling day. Claimed it was posted by her assistant

- Someone posted inflammatory remarks online. Her husband claims he was the real culprit

Nowadays is giving out your password the hip thing to do?

↡ Advertisement

Curious how many people know your login and password to FB, email, forums and so one.

- Someone's facebook posting was on cooling day. Claimed it was posted by her assistant

- Someone posted inflammatory remarks online. Her husband claims he was the real culprit

for those using ipad or mobile phone with FB apps, they usually do not log out :D

Ok. Then the next questions are:

- Why people leave their iPhones lying around for their assistants to anyhow mess with?

- Why a man need to hide behind his wife's skirt to flame people?

There should be no excuse of "using other people's account". Passwords are meant to be reserved for personal use only. If it leaked out, too bad, anything that was done is pointed directly at you, and burden is on you to prove that someone else did it.

Just like in my first job in a jap company, we were issued "hanko" - personal seal/stamp that they use for signature (I think chinese, taiwanese, korean companies also use this). This jap colleague of mine was explaining that in their culture, they viewed signature as unreliable - because anyone can copy a scribble, although my argument was that anyone can also take your hanko and abuse it like a forged signature. So he told me, that's why the hanko or personal seal should always be kept securely and locked up!

Similarly, we should treat passwords like this.

- Why people leave their iPhones lying around for their assistants to anyhow mess with? -> i tink the assistant was tasked to do updates. :ph34r:

Even if you integrate fingerprint scanner or eye retina scanner ppl can still chop off your finger or dig out your eyeballs to log in. :D

Look at those Edison Chen and Cathay Airlines scandal. If you want something confidential and secure, do not put it in storage device that can access to the internet.

I think the question to ask in the first place is whether or not these are cases of sharing passwords...

For the GE example, candidates were made to declare who were administering their accounts so that there is ownership/responsibility of whatever is written.

TPL only put down her name, and hence she should be responsible for whatever's written. However, the police found otherwise...

As a result, it is now entirely OK to say that someone else used your account...

If it's a legal loophole.

Then use it.

Just like people who reported car lost, when lend to friends who kena accident and run away.

Or use wife licence to get blame for speeding or summon.

Nothing new.

- Why people leave their iPhones lying around for their assistants to anyhow mess with?

Cos maybe the guy got fat face and only a skirt can cover it?

:D

Thats why internet is a cowboy town.... everyone is anonymous...

Come to think those bloggers that got caught should have use this tactic to bail themselves...

A few people got my mcf user id and password, this is why I machiam got split personalities here, actually we are all different people, the real sabbie is a nice guy

The problem here is most did not click on the logout button and the pc is a shared one.

Some deliberately allowed the passwords to be saved so save the hassle of loggin in all the time.

My accounts are all logged in, but begore anyone can misuse them, try breaking my 16 character non dictionary alphanumeric password 1st.

Mobile devices i definitely log out after use since no one can predict when it can get stolen.

I think the question to ask in the first place is whether or not these are cases of sharing passwords...

For the GE example, candidates were made to declare who were administering their accounts so that there is ownership/responsibility of whatever is written.

TPL only put down her name, and hence she should be responsible for whatever's written. However, the police found otherwise...

As a result, it is now entirely OK to say that someone else used your account...

So now we have someone testing water to see if NHC buys the idea.

Most Sinkie got NO CLASS...NO BALLS and NO SPINE...

Unlike me who can to flame any Sinkie ......including and not only those....that happen to drive Porcheee..

Does that answer your question? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement