Rubber Roof Strips

Savagetosh

post-93215-1313900701_thumb.jpgHey guys, I noticed that my rubber roof strip is petruding out. There's some pink plastic(maybe the hook?) underneath it which i think it's broken. So now one side of the strip comes off easily, and i have to keep pressing it. Anybody knows what to do, or any shops to recommend where they can replace the broken pink plastic or at least keep it from popping out? Thanks [;)]
↡ Advertisement

Hey guys, I noticed that my rubber roof strip is petruding out. There's some pink plastic(maybe the hook?) underneath it which i think it's broken. So now one side of the strip comes off easily, and i have to keep pressing it. Anybody knows what to do, or any shops to recommend where they can replace the broken pink plastic or at least keep it from popping out? Thanks [;)]

bro, it wont be cheap to change.

even perodua kelisa costs by $1OOs [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

If still under warranty, go to AD, else most of the time cheaper to go workshop. Can also DIY, just be careful not to break the clips of the new strip.

Also, you may wish to do a hub to hub measurement(measure distance between the center of the wheel hub of one side then the other and compare the difference) .

Used to race my old car and installed the strud bars too late. Car body warped and my hub to hub was off by close to 2 inchs and that's why my roof strip popped. You'll need to bring your car to a body works shop to get it straightened.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but not enough posts to start a new thread.. Anyone knows where I can buy the rubbers strips on the car roof? How much is it? Just found out that my Vios lost its rubber strip. Thanks!

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, but not enough posts to start a new thread.. Anyone knows where I can buy the rubbers strips on the car roof? How much is it? Just found out that my Vios lost its rubber strip. Thanks!

try toyota stockist?