Nissan Latio Sport fuel consumption

Jj5599

Hi bros,

I just got a pre-owned Nissan Latio Sport but the fuel consumption worries me, see photo below. Before refueling I reset the meter to zero..now see where it is..

Photo%2022-8-11%204%2033%2000%20PM.jpeg

Is this normal?

Edited by Jj5599
↡ Advertisement

latio fuel tank is tear-drop shape so it looks like it finishes very fast..full tank is 42litres and should be able to last 500km +/- depending on ur right foot

Hi jj,

I drive a latio 4AT sedan. The tank capacity is 45 litres. Based on a rather normal light foot and 50% city driving, i get approximately 520km.

If i'm not wrong, your sports should be approximately the same. However, i came across someone who had a similiar problem. Latio sports runs on CVT gearbox. For upshift, you need to accelerate to approx 2500-3000 rpm for it to take plave. That person has a light foot and always drive at about 2000rpm, consuming s lot of petrol. He complained to TCM and the chief tester took a test drive with him and immediately told him so. U can try this.

Just to share, my latio fuel meter is not accurate , heard its common for latio. Due to fuel gauge in fuel tank dirty or something like that.. I always gauge by milleage covered before I pump... always play safe to pump after travel for around 400km which is like 4 days for me on a weekday... my fuel meters start to show error reading occasionally when odo reads 80k.. I'm hitting 110k soon...

Ur ride could have the same problem, just calculate manually to know how many clicks per tank to know your limit...

Hi jj,

I drive a latio 4AT sedan. The tank capacity is 45 litres. Based on a rather normal light foot and 50% city driving, i get approximately 520km.

If i'm not wrong, your sports should be approximately the same. However, i came across someone who had a similiar problem. Latio sports runs on CVT gearbox. For upshift, you need to accelerate to approx 2500-3000 rpm for it to take plave. That person has a light foot and always drive at about 2000rpm, consuming s lot of petrol. He complained to TCM and the chief tester took a test drive with him and immediately told him so. U can try this.

Is it so bro? I used to drive a CVT Teana before and everyone advised me not to rev so much as the CVT is quite smooth at lower RPMs. If we rev too much, the engine used to give a different sound because the CVT is not taking the input. In this situation, I always thought that the fuel is wasted as the output is not properly utilised.

Edited by Steptronic

Neutral Newbie

Mine is 4AT sedan. Half tank 300km.

other factors affecting fc:

- properly inflat your tyres. Mine 240psi each

- pump petrol during early morning or cooling day.

- remove unnessary things in your boot. Mine is empty, only have 2 umbrellas

Neutral Newbie

Mine is 4AT sedan. Half tank 300km.

other factors affecting fc:

- properly inflat your tyres. Mine 240psi each

- pump petrol during early morning or cooling day.

- remove unnessary things in your boot. Mine is empty, only have 2 umbrellas

Mine is a Latio Sports Premium CVT.

Half tank normally 200km, 300km seems damn good leh. Based on my usage, normally I calculate is about 12, 13, max I get is 14 km/L

My tyres are only 10psi above the recommended pressure on the driver side door.

i have driven for very long the sports model based on light foot, and my FC seem to hover around 480-500km. This week, I drove more heavy footed and I am able to stretch to around 520km with a fuel meter at around 7pm reading.

i was amused but after reading this post, i realised the light foot is not good for this model. at least for the start, have to put more heavy foot into acceleration.

Hi bros,

I just got a pre-owned Nissan Latio Sport but the fuel consumption worries me, see photo below. Before refueling I reset the meter to zero..now see where it is..

Is this normal?

Ur preown is 71k I think quite high but Nissan shod be quite reliable

Neutral Newbie

My is cvt hatch fuel meter is funny cos center meter will drop very slow but else where very fast drop

My 1st 1/4 very fast drop, then after that slower. By 1/2, I would have reached 200km normally. Once monthly I pump shell vpower. Normally I just do esso 5000.

After using vpower to clean, I can get about 250km (@ half mark) on my next 1 or 2 full tank of esso5000. Lucky there is this monthly vpower promo, where you pump vpower at FS98 price. Have been making use of it every month.

Almost never took it beyond the last 1/4 mark before filling up. Only once drive until low fuel light up. Filled up immediately.

Just going to reach my 70k in another 5000km.

Pre-owned 5 yrs old latio sports premium.

Edited by Shicyj

i have driven for very long the sports model based on light foot, and my FC seem to hover around 480-500km. This week, I drove more heavy footed and I am able to stretch to around 520km with a fuel meter at around 7pm reading.

i was amused but after reading this post, i realised the light foot is not good for this model. at least for the start, have to put more heavy foot into acceleration.

Hard to tell when cvt change gear seems like for crawl pickup will use big ratio?

Hi steptronic bro,

The CVT has no gears. To experience upshofts, there are certain rev ,arks before it will take place. This is especially true when moving off from stationary.don't have to rev till redline lah, just approx 2.5k will be sufficient. Just like bro metaslug mentioned, this is a unique feature of CVT.

My latio is coming to 4 yrs this oct and now around 110k. Nissan cars are pretty reliable and Tan Chong prices are pretty competitive too. Except their model lineups are pretty boring (like latio, etc) or rather difficult to accept like Juke.

↡ Advertisement